Author Topic: EDITORIALS: E3 2010 is Coming...and NWR is There!  (Read 11571 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
EDITORIALS: E3 2010 is Coming...and NWR is There!
« on: June 12, 2010, 03:43:38 PM »
Our intrepid band of adventurers will have all the E3 coverage you've come to expect!
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/editorialArt.cfm?artid=23228

E3 is upon us, and I just wanted to lay out who's going to be there for Nintendo World Report.  Our official crew this year is:    

Neal Ronaghan
 James Jones
 Karlie Yeung
 Jared Rosenberg
 Michael "TYP" Cole
 Jonathan Metts
 Aaron Kaluszka

I am unable to attend this year, but there's always next year!  We'll also have new staffer Brad Hilderbrand (who just came on board last week) at the event, but he has prior commitments so he'll be attending in an "unofficial" capacity.    

The crew will be flying in on Sunday, and things will start to heat up on Monday with EA and Ubisoft Press Conferences, along with an Activision preview event.    

Tuesday is when the MEGATONs start to drop with the Nintendo Press Conference at 9am Pacific/12pm Eastern.  Then we'll hit the show flow to cover the event proper.    

Our team will be checking out all of your favorite developers including Capcom, High Voltage, Harmonix, Konami, EA, Square Enix, and of course Nintendo.  We'll fill you in on everything we see...well, at least everything we're allowed to talk about!    

Be sure to follow our Twitter feed (@Nintendo_NWR) as we'll be tweeting live from the event (the Nintendo Press Conference in particular), and we'll be recording and publishing podcasts in the evenings that summarize the day's events and provide our veteran insight.    

With the unveiling of the Nintendo 3DS and the next chapter in the Legend of Zelda saga, this E3 is going to be one of the best in recent years for Nintendo fans.  Sit back and enjoy the coverage!

Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: EDITORIALS: E3 2010 is Coming...and NWR is There!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 03:02:10 PM »
Anyone from NWR who is going and wants to take on a special secret mission, please PM or e-mail me.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 03:25:22 PM »
I want to go to E3 so bad, I would even pay my own way out there if I could get a pass.

Maybe the next time NWR is hiring I will apply. I would love to review games not normally reviewed (licensed shovelware like the Petz games and anything based on Nickelodeon cartoons), plus this would help me get a pass for E3.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline greybrick

• Up the Irons!
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 03:26:01 PM »
Is there going to be a reader meetup? I will be there all week starting Monday. Well, I work in Los Angeles so I am always there, but you get the point.
Bless you, my child.
Please turn the power OFF.

And Jonny, you don't ride the giant Cheep-Cheep

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 03:42:08 PM »
We aren't planning a meetup with fans, but if you guys can put together an event yourselves, please invite us. No guarantee we can make it, but we'll definitely try.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 03:43:45 PM »
Is there going to be a reader meetup? I will be there all week starting Monday. Well, I work in Los Angeles so I am always there, but you get the point.

GREYBRICK OFFERING COUCHSURFING SPACE TO ALL NWR READERS!!!!
space is limited, couch space is strictly on a first come first serve basis.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 03:48:10 PM »
A reader meetup would be pretty rad.  If you want anybody from the NWR crew to attend, just make sure it isn't during the show days.  They're jam-packed day and night with either writing stuff up or attending events.
Jon Lindemann

My Game Backlog

Offline mudjah

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 04:28:03 PM »
wish i could be there     but knowing how good your reports from these events usually are im good staying home
3ds Code: 3566-1652-1241
Psn id: jbz-1973

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 04:37:08 PM »
I hope you guys get a lot of free goodies from E3 to be given out to readers at a later date and time through site sponsored contest and things of that sort.

Also a FREE to registered users (with post count of 4 digits or more) DVD of everything from the show floor. $19.99 for everyone else, but comes with an NWR collectors mug or mouse pad with purchase.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2010, 04:50:12 PM »
Maybe the next time NWR is hiring I will apply. I would love to review games not normally reviewed (licensed shovelware like the Petz games and anything based on Nickelodeon cartoons), plus this would help me get a pass for E3.
We still are hiring.
Aaron Kaluszka

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 05:00:56 PM »
What do I have to submit to apply?
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline greybrick

• Up the Irons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 05:05:41 PM »
We still are hiring.

Hire  me!  ;) (I imagine that isn't how it works)

-Application Submitted

Quote from: TJ Spyke link=topic=31520.msg614775#msg614775   date=1276370722
GREYBRICK OFFERING COUCHSURFING SPACE TO ALL NWR READERS!!!!
space   is limited, couch space is strictly on a first come first serve basis.

Sure, why not. Of course there is the fact that nobody here has ever met me and I could be a crazy ax murderer. I am gonna go back to my place each night since I actually get decent internet and hey, there's nothing like using your own bathroom.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 05:21:24 PM by greybrick »
Bless you, my child.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2010, 05:07:54 PM »
Sure, why not. Of course there is the fact that nobody here has ever met me and I could be a crazy ax murderer. I am gonna go back to my place each night since I actually get decent internet and hey, there's nothing like using your own bathroom.

Seriously?  Damnit, I could have went. :(
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline greybrick

• Up the Irons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2010, 05:19:04 PM »

Seriously?  Damnit, I could have went. :(

Also, you might be a crazy ax murderer.
Bless you, my child.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2010, 05:25:53 PM »
Can't I just be a regular ax murderer?

Offline greybrick

• Up the Irons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2010, 05:41:24 PM »
I suppose the crazy is an unnecessary adjective, eh? I would imagine that all ax murderers are crazy, especially the ones in Animal Crossing.
Bless you, my child.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2010, 05:49:45 PM »
No... we're not all crazy.

Offline greybrick

• Up the Irons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2010, 05:53:16 PM »
 :Q
Bless you, my child.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2010, 05:54:46 PM »
Word of advice for anyone coming in internationally - do NOT tell the customs agent that you're coming to watch Iwata "drop the bomb". They don't like that. :)
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline greybrick

• Up the Irons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2010, 06:00:46 PM »
Word of advice for anyone coming in internationally - do NOT tell the customs agent that you're coming to watch Iwata "drop the bomb". They don't like that. :)

Also I would imagine that is not a phrase used quite often by the Japanese, or one that should be used when referring to Japanese individuals.
Bless you, my child.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2010, 07:32:15 PM »
We have a backlog of potential hires, actually.  I have to round'em up and vet them (yes GreyBrick, your application is one of them).  That will be post-E3 though, most likely.
Jon Lindemann

My Game Backlog

Offline greybrick

• Up the Irons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2010, 08:23:10 PM »
With regards to a reader meetup: How many readers will actually be at E3? I know it is rough to get in if you aren't writing for an outlet or a part of the industry.

I am free Monday after I register, which is anywhere from 8:00am-6:00pm, and don't have an event that day until 8:00 in the evening. I won't be attending Ubisoft or EA's events on Monday because let's face it, snoozefest, and my site only got one seat. I figured that the calm before the storm may be the best time to do a meetup, since we all won't be dead by that point. The only problem I foresee for this day is readers that aren't there for the event would have to take off work. 

I was thinking we could go somewhere all-ages friendly in the downtown area. If everyone doesn't mind walking around 6-8 blocks from the convention center, there are some great places to eat around city hall with room for plenty of people. Grand Central Market comes to mind, and they have some of the best Mexican food in the area. Around that area there are plenty of great places, Little Tokyo, Chinatown (that is around a 15 minute drive) etc. Of course we can always just take the Dash buses, they are simple enough.

Any input from other readers would be helpful. Otherwise this would be the loneliest meetup. I don't even know that any other readers will be there...
Bless you, my child.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2010, 08:56:50 PM »
Say hi to the Pixlbit dudes, also get a decent internet connection beaming out from the Nintendo conference.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2010, 09:09:11 PM »
We have a backlog of potential hires, actually.  I have to round'em up and vet them (yes GreyBrick, your application is one of them).  That will be post-E3 though, most likely.

Too bad. Just know that whenever you do decide to accept new applicants that I am interested.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2010, 09:23:18 PM »
I hate flying.

I mean, I love flying.  When I'm the pilot (yep, I really did).

I hate flying in a long tube full of people.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report