Author Topic: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff  (Read 936644 times)

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Is it a bad thing that I'm now always suspicious of any new member possibly being The Rat again? Some of this person's other posts don't sound as much like it, but still...

Also, Adrock also said something that I completely disagree with, which hasn't happened in quite a while and is a rare occurrence. What a weird day on the forums.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Addressing it would be sort of drifting off topic and it wasn't really the main point of your post, plus everyone has their own preferences for these kinds of things.

Maybe Nintendo releases a USB sensor bar, or just ditches IR-technology altogether because it's awful. If Skyward Sword did anything right, it showed that the gyroscope in MotionPlus did a better job simulating pointer controls than the regular Wii Remote did with actual pointer controls. Nintendo likes 1:1 emulation, but I hope it reconsiders since the gyroscope worked so much better.
For me, the IR pointer in the Wiimote is the best thing about it, it's nearly perfect and nothing else has come close to being as good.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
The forums are fine on mobile but that's mostly just because mobile browsers have gotten so much better over the years.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
For me, the IR pointer in the Wiimote is the best thing about it, it's nearly perfect and nothing else has come close to being as good.
Ah, that. I would have agreed before Skyward Sword as I thoroughly enjoy aiming in Twilight Princess. Gyroscope aiming was more reliable to me as it didn't rely on line of sight. Holding the Wii remote slightly ajar tended to screw up the IR signal. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd boot up both Wii Zelda games to see if my memory is as good as I think it is.

And going off-topic is what we do at NWR.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
Ah, that. I would have agreed before Skyward Sword as I thoroughly enjoy aiming in Twilight Princess. Gyroscope aiming was more reliable to me as it didn't rely on line of sight. Holding the Wii remote slightly ajar tended to screw up the IR signal. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd boot up both Wii Zelda games to see if my memory is as good as I think it is.

And going off-topic is what we do at NWR.
Yeah, I know some people complained about it being "jittery" and things like that, but I didn't really experience those issues meself. I guess I just have a good setup for it, I could see it having potential problems for some people. In comparison, gyro pointing feels too sluggish to me, and it also feels very unintuitive with the GamePad since it's a huge controller and not made for pointing like the Wiimote is. It also needs to be recalibrated fairly often.

Oh, also, your example of an IR pointer game is a launch title. The pointer got better as the Wii went on, especially in games like The Conduit and Call of Duty which have a wealth of fine-tuning options to make it nearly perfect.

There may still be ways they could improve the pointing, though, such as using both IR and gyro or something. Could be complex to implement though.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 10:16:01 PM by Mop it up »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
I thought that post M+ titles with pointer controls did implement both IR and gyro in their games? Thought for sure that was a feature point in later shooters on the system. It was supposed to help with when you pointed off screen so that your aim didn't wig out on you.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
I thought that post M+ titles with pointer controls did implement both IR and gyro in their games? Thought for sure that was a feature point in later shooters on the system. It was supposed to help with when you pointed off screen so that your aim didn't wig out on you.
I think the only game that does this is Red Steel 2. I believe all it does is have the gyro kick in if the sensor bar loses sight of the IR, and just to keep track of where it is when it's lost the IR. Not too sure, would have to research it more.

Speaking of shooters, did you ever get a Call of Duty game for Wii U? I now have both Black Ops II and Ghosts, but I have never played either of them as I haven't yet found anyone to team with.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Well it's about time! I have BLOPS2. I'll pick up Ghosts eventually as well. Would be nice to get a game going some time.
My Game Collection

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Is it a bad thing that I'm now always suspicious of any new member possibly being The Rat again? Some of this person's other posts don't sound as much like it, but still...

Also, Adrock also said something that I completely disagree with, which hasn't happened in quite a while and is a rare occurrence. What a weird day on the forums.

Oh goody.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
So not only has TJ Spyke's rampant misogyny towards Emily Rogers seen a return to the forums but his slick arguing skills have also found a new host.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
rampant misogyny

you say that like it's a bad thing
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
The thing about The Rat is that he has an account that is somewhat active here.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
Well it's about time! I have BLOPS2. I'll pick up Ghosts eventually as well. Would be nice to get a game going some time.
Whaddaya mean, it's about time? I've had BLOPS2 for over a year! Why have we not played it yet?!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Because you never asked?!
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
rampant misogyny

you say that like it's a bad thing

I wouldn't have my misogyny any other way!

Why couldn't Helen Keller drive? She was a woman. Ha ha ha! Ahhhhh, that's great.

........ I live alone.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
BLOPS? I do a lot with ink blots, but that more to do with my own psyche than gaming. I should look into the Wii U version of BLOPS 2. Though war games don't thrill as much as spy stuff like 007 or Perfect Dark.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
And please, Mr. Khush, make your hushed voice bigger font. I've been up for more than 24 hours, and the small words tend to flow together.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
And please, Mr. Khush, make your hushed voice bigger font. I've been up for more than 24 hours, and the small words tend to flow together.
That's your own damn problem!
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Words hurt, man. You don't realize it, but your words can sting.  :@

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile

Quick tip. When I'm scanning this site on my phone, I'm unable to see the text under spoiler tags. So I'll just hit the quote button for the post which then shows all the text in the reply box in a readable format. Likewise, if you want to see the small text quickly, you can just hit the quote button and the post will show up in normal size in the reply box. Just don't hit the post button or you'll be posting quotes for seemingly no reason.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central

Quick tip. When I'm scanning this site on my phone, I'm unable to see the text under spoiler tags. So I'll just hit the quote button for the post which then shows all the text in the reply box in a readable format. Likewise, if you want to see the small text quickly, you can just hit the quote button and the post will show up in normal size in the reply box. Just don't hit the post button or you'll be posting quotes for seemingly no reason.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
Because you never asked?!
I did a search, and I did too mention it (once), so don't try to turn this around on me!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Well I stopped playing because you wanted to play the game together! I stopped and waited for you, but you never came.
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
Still a better love story then Twilight.