Author Topic: Nintendo Announces 42 All-Time Classics for Europe  (Read 2281 times)

Offline LassePalle

• PGC Staff Writer
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Nintendo Announces 42 All-Time Classics for Europe
« on: July 27, 2006, 12:49:49 AM »
A.k.a. Clubhouse Games in N. America.  Part of the Touch Generations range, this DS game offers 42 card, board and parlor games, playable over Nintendo Wi-fi Connection.

Nintendo Deals A Royal Flush With 42 All-Time Classics That All The Family Can Enjoy!    

27th July 2006 – If it’s variety you want then this game certainly delivers with 42 card, board and parlour games all packed onto one Nintendo DS cartridge. Whatever sort of game you enjoy playing 42 All-Time Classics will give you hours and hours of entertainment when it launches across Europe on the Nintendo DS on 29th September 2006.    

The latest title in Nintendo’s innovative Touch! Generations range, 42 All-Time Classics does away with cumbersome boards and packs of cards. Instead it combines the Nintendo DS’s innovative touch-screen control mechanism with 42 of the most popular games ever invented ranging from card classics like Poker and Texas Hold ‘Em, board games such as Chess and Backgammon to bar games like Darts and Snooker.    

On top of the huge variety of single player content, this game features a multiplayer mode allowing you to play fun games with your family as well as competing with friends. Play with up to seven friends via the Nintendo DS local wireless network, or connect with the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service to challenge people from different towns or even different countries for the majority of the games within this title. All the games in 42 All-Time Classics feature a stats tracking function, allowing you to view your wins and losses as well as other statistics for each game.    

42 All-Time Classics features a built-in “Picto chat" function, which allows players to communicate (send and receive messages) while playing. Now not only can you play Poker against friends, but you can psyche them out too by bluffing about your hand!    

With 42 games on offer there is something to keep even the most dedicated players busy for months. 42 All-Time Classics launches across Europe on 29th September exclusively on the Nintendo DS for the estimated retail price of around £20.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Nintendo Announces 42 All-Time Classics for Europe
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 01:29:54 AM »
What's NoE's obsession with renaming all these DS games?  

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 10:03:08 AM »
Damn......

This is AMAZING!

Wait......

Is this already out in NA?
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline ssj4_android

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 01:11:49 PM »
Is this game only 4 player over WiFi? And, complete list of games? Oh, and it launches in Europe instead of the US? Maybe I'll just start playing the European version then, as it should have worldwide play.

Offline Jensen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 04:57:09 PM »
 "What's NoE's obsession with renaming all these DS games?"

It's not just NoE.  Maybe it is because of the several different languages?  Europe tends to name things more literally, or with model numbers.

USA--------------Europe    
Digital rebel----300D              KISS (Japan)
Miata------------MX5
Clubhouse-----42 classics  

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 08:23:57 PM »
So wait.. with this game, the built in Pictochat can work online too?
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig