Author Topic: Worms Heading for the DS  (Read 2588 times)

Offline LassePalle

• PGC Staff Writer
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Worms Heading for the DS
« on: July 17, 2005, 07:50:40 AM »
Worms will soon be unleashing exploding sheep on the DS, courtesy of THQ and Team17.

THQ AND TEAM17 ANNOUNCE WORMS ON NEW HANDHELD PLATFORMS    

CALABASAS HILLS, CA, July 15, 2005 – THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) today announced an agreement with critically acclaimed development studio Team17 Software Ltd. to publish Worms on the PSPTM portable entertainment system and Nintendo DSTM. Retaining the same award-winning gameplay and unique sense of humour that has epitomised the brand for almost a decade, Worms brings a whole raft of new features and laugh-out-loud comedy to the next generation of handheld entertainment.    

"The Worms brand is a huge global phenomenon shipping over 9 million units to date," said Peter Dille, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Marketing, THQ. "The pick-up-and-play gameplay is an ideal formula for the PSP system and Nintendo DS formats and will enable THQ to extend our leadership position in the handheld sector."    

"Team17 is excited and delighted to bring Worms to Nintendo DS and the PSP system in conjunction with THQ," said Martyn Brown, Studio Director, Team 17. "Both of these new systems represent exciting new handhelds capable of delivering unique experiences both in single player and using the exciting wireless multiplayer capabilities of the platforms. We are developing incredibly addictive new versions of our classic game for existing fans of the series and newcomers to the world of Worms. It's time to dust off the Holy Hand Grenade and unleash some more exploding sheep!"  

Offline TMW

• The Man Whore, if you're wondering.
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Worms Heading for the DS
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 09:34:22 AM »
There is a God.  

Pleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease be in 2D.  
Jesus saves! Everyone else, roll for damage.<BR><BR>Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not an invisible monster about to eat your face off.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 09:58:19 AM »
Ì don't think they could properly have destructible 3d terrain on the DS.

Offline TMW

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 10:02:07 AM »
If there is any justice on this Earth, then the PSP version will be in 3D.
Jesus saves! Everyone else, roll for damage.<BR><BR>Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not an invisible monster about to eat your face off.

Offline ssj4_android

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 03:49:21 PM »
Hopefully this will be like armageddon or world party, and not blast or something like that. And it should be like advance wars, where you can pass the DS around for multiplayer on one system. I'd surely get that.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE:Worms Heading for the DS
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2005, 08:51:49 AM »
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline ssj4_android

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2005, 01:11:50 PM »
Hm...doesn't mention online. But does mention hotseat. Awesome, getting this game as soon as it comes out.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2005, 10:02:07 PM »
Does that mean the PSP can't handle 3d Worms, either?

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2005, 08:39:51 AM »

"Both the PSP and DS editions will feature classic Worms gameplay - as vociferously requested by our fans."
I think that means they figured out 3D Worms sucks.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline TMW

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2005, 09:11:11 AM »
YUS!  

This totally just made my day.  

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2005, 10:45:02 PM »
Whoa! WHOA! Which of course begs the question if there's anything left that could be added to Worms anymore...

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2005, 09:43:47 AM »
Um...touch screen support?  A map that's always visable?  Widescreen support, in the case of PSP.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2005, 12:52:56 AM »
Ooooh, that's REEAAALLY going to change the game. I mean, widescreen! That's brilliant, it'll be 16:9 times better than the old worms games! Touch screen, yay, because that's such a huge step up over the mouse. Oh and who can take the time to bring up a map in such a fast paced game?