Author Topic: Mario Movie script thread  (Read 2858 times)

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
Mario Movie script thread
« on: February 03, 2018, 01:03:42 AM »

Peach, running down a grassy hill: Oh, Luigi!
Luigi: [shuts off engine, takes go-kart helmet off] Hiya, sweetheart!
[Peach dodges a kiss]
Luigi: Is our sugar in another castle?
Peach: Not now! It's Mario... he's missing.
[Luigi death glare]

[jump cut to hospital]
Nurse Toad: Triage is standing room only.
[Mario stares blankly]
Nurse Toad: Doc, who do we take first? Doc...?
[Mario drops stethoscope in slow motion and runs out the building]

[jump cut: collage of Luigi, Peach, and Toad running across a rickety jungle bridge while DK swings past the foreground; the four of them binging on Yoshi Cookies and getting sick; next they're seen taking cover in a foxhole from a barrage of Bullet Bills launched by Waluigi and Bayonetta]

[jump cut to a tennis stadium full of koopas laughing at Mario]
Bowser: Oh look, it's our star! [laughs maniacally]

Toad, shuffling through desert sand: Where could he BE? We've checked everywhere! From Yoshi's Island to Sarasaland.
Peach: Sprixie Kingdom to Giant Land
Luigi: Good Egg Galaxy to Subcon.
DK: Sub- what?
[the other three furl their brow at him]
DK: Never heard of it.

[jump cut: Lakitu fishing at a quiet lake]
Lakitu: I never really saw him as a doctor in all the years I knew him.
DK: Where is he?
Lakitu: [smirking] I dunno.
[DK grabs his cloud and smashes it into the ground]
DK: WHERE?

[jump cut collage: Mario in disguise at Delfino Square buying fruit, sipping tea, reading the paper on his yacht]

Masked Pianta character: 50 grand, in pills?
[Mario nods at briefcase]

[jump cut collage: Mario driving a cement truck, climbing a ladder, soaring through the air then smashing the ground with his cape, driving off a cliff in a go-kart]

Mario, looking at himself in the mirror: I'm-a tired of all a-this.

Mario is Missing: The Movie

[Mario's house floats away on a tsunami. Camera pans to Mallow, crying]
Luigi: [patting his back] There, there. It's going to be ok. We'll find him, little buddy. I promise. But you really need to stop or this entire Kingdom will flood.
[Link looks at the camera]
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 01:06:00 AM by Invincible Donkey Kong »
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Mario Movie script thread
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 10:47:29 AM »
I applaud this.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 11:01:57 AM »
What, no Daisy? If she could star in the first one, why can't she be lead in this also?

Some good stuff in there but I think I'd recommend a rewrite. When DK doesn't recognize Subcon, instead of furling their brows, the others should explain in detail what Subcon is like for ten minutes. Afterwards, DK should shrug his shoulders and say: If you say so but it sounds like you dreamed this place up to me.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 03:51:48 PM »
ehh should've labeled that a movie trailer. Alright let's do this from the beginning.

Act I, Scene I

GO.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 05:59:01 PM »
Opens on Wide shot of of Peach's castle. A construction crew of Koopas and Toads are building a racetrack through the middle.

Peach: But I don't WANT a go kart track through the middle of my castle!
Wario, wearing a construction helmet: It's called MARIO Kart lady, not Peach cart! You're not the boss around here no more!
WaLuigi laughs in the background and urinates on some flowers.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 07:06:35 PM »
The camera pans up to a window for the castle and goes through it. It is Mario's room. He can hear the laughter of Wario and Waluigi coming in through the window. He gets up from his bed and walks over to a full length mirror and stares at himself in it. The camera continues towards the reflection of Mario in the mirror zooming in on his face taking us into a flashback of 20 years ago.

Giovanni Mario: Mario Mario! Get-a your butt-a down here!

(Mario comes down the stairs into the old Italian style living room where his father is sitting in a wooden rocking chair and very upset)

Mario: You a-call for-a me, papa?

Giovanni: Yes, I did. Guess-a what-a happened to me today at the market?

Mario: I'm not sure, papa.

Giovanni: I show you. I find-a this.

(Giovanni reaches behind the rocking chair and pulls out a painting of a large green frog choking on turnips. Mario glances down right away as he recognizes the painting.)

Giovanni: I run into that-a Paula-leen girl from-a down the block. You-a know-a the one. She's a daughter of the Romano family. I see-a her in the market a-selling some paintings like-a this one. I-a think-a to myself how redee-culous they are and what-a fool she-a looks a-selling this art of hers. But she seem-a so happy to suddenly see-a me and wants a-me to come over and see these-a silly paintings. So, I be polite. I humor her. I go and look at-da paintings. She asks if I a-like dem. So, still-a polite-a, I say-a they are a-very nice and she must-a be very proud to have-a painted them. Ah, but then-a she-a say she-a not the artist. So, I look-a little closer at the painting. Tell me, what-a name do you-a see-a?

(Giovanni hold out the painting to Mario. Mario looks up and quickly glances at it and then goes back to looking at his feet.)

Mario: Super Mario

Giovanni: Yeah, that's-a what-a I saw too. And so, I am confused. I ask-a the Paula-leen who's-a this "Super Mario"? And she-a say that it's-a you. It's-a my boy! I say, that can not be. My-a Mario is-a too busy taking his-a plumber classes to be painting up such ridiculous pictures. But she-a say that no, Mario's been cutting his-a plumber classes and going to an art school instead. She-a think it a-wonderful and that you-a good painter. I not want to cause-a scene so I just agree and take a painting home to try and hide some evidence of my son's a-madness and shaming of this family. What you try to do us with this?

Mario: But papa, the art-a teachers think I have-a real-a gift and could make it as a painter. I don't have to be a plumber like-a you or your father or every other previous Mario in this family.

Giovanni: They a-lyin' to you!! They just want ta take advantage of a silly boy with silly dreams of nonsense. You-a plumber and you know it and-a plumbin' is-a all you ever gonna do. This-a isn't art. I a-know whatta art is! (Giovanni points to a painting on the wall.) This-a painting of a-sunken ship iza art! (Giovanni points to another painting on the wall.) That-a painting of-a marching bob-ombs iza art! (Giovanni points to a third painting on the wall.) That-a painting of a big-a snowman with-a little snowman by a snowy tree iza art! They-a so-a real you almost think-a you could jump in the picture and be there. (Giovanni shakes Mario's painting at him with fury.) This-a isn't even something a person would-a dream of.... having in their home. Itza not-a fit for the sewer!! Itza junk! (Giovanni smashes the painting over his knee.) You-a think you-a someone special. Someone super! But you keep-a chasing all-a sort of ideas to be this Super Mario. One day, you-a gonna be a golf pro. The next, you-a tennis pro. But, in the end, you always-a Mario Mario. A plumber. I've a put up-a with-a your childesh quest to be this Super Mario you-a think-a you are because I thought-a you'd have learned your lesson by now that you-a not. But I will not-a sit-a back and let-a you ruin your-a life with this nonsense. Either you-a go back and make it up-a to your plumbing school and instructor and finish your-a studies or you leave-a this-a house! Whatz a-gonna be?!

(Mario shifts his feet uncomfortably while looking at his smashed painting.)

Mario: I'll-a finish my plumbing lessons and be a plumber like-a you.

Giovanni: Good! (Giovanni sits back down in his rocking chair.) You-a see this iza for the best. Now hurry to class before they'a change-a their mind on you.

Mario: Yes, papa.

(Mario collects his gloves and hat and heads towards the door.)

Giovanni: And I better not-a find out you skipped class again-a tomorrow because you decide to suddenly learn-a to type and want to start-a working with computers or some such nonsense. No more silly dreams or you-a out-a on the street.

Mario: Yes, papa.

(The camera cuts to the front of the Mario's house as Mario Mario leaves through the front door. He  runs down the front sidewalk towards the camera. The camera stays still as Mario gets closer and closer to it and eventually his face fills the frame in complete close-up. The camera pull back to reveal us back in the present day as it pans back from Mario's reflection in the mirror it had zoomed in on to initiate this flashback. After a bit, Mario stops looking at himself. He reaches over and grabs his hat from a nearby table. He looks towards the mirror again as he puts the hat on.)

Mario: (whispering to himself) I'll-a show you papa. I can-a be special.

(Satisfied at how his hat is positioned and at how he looks, Mario then turns and marches out of the room with determination.)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 11:21:26 PM by Linkle Link »

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 10:53:33 PM »
Is Khushrenada actually Ron Howard? It would explain a LOT

I applaud this.

:reggie:

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 11:28:23 PM »
Is Khushrenada actually Ron Howard? It would explain a LOT

Why? Because of all the clichéd writing?

And now the story of a wealthy kingdom that lost everything and the one plumber who had no choice but to put it back together. This is Subjugated Dominion.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2018, 11:36:36 PM »
 obligatory 5 hour backstory before the story begins

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 04:12:32 PM »
Extended scene from the trailer:
As Mario walks the tunnel from the locker room to the tennis court, he's pelted by bananas and cans by the jeering crowd. One pair of especially rowdy fiends dumps a barrel full of poison mushrooms onto him. Mario staggers in a green cloud of haze and collapses. The stadium roars. A Goomba janitor stops cleaning up the strewn garbage to fan him with his cap. "Isn't this Dr. Mario?" and the screen flashes back to a dark hospital waiting room. The clock advances several hours while the Goomba's sunken eyes barely look up from the floor. As the doorknob turns, the Goomba's eyes widen at the outline of a man in the glass of the door and transfix themselves on the entering figure. Mario says, "They're fine. We stopped the bleeding" and with that, the Goomba races into the delivery room to see his wife and healthy newborn son. The scene ends as the Goomba throws his son up in the air and Mario exclaims, "Up you gooo!" The janitor pulls Mario up to his feet and hands him his tennis racket--and a fire flower. "Up you go, doc."
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 11:40:39 PM by Invincible Donkey Kong »