Author Topic: In This Thread, We All Ask Jeeves!  (Read 1877 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
In This Thread, We All Ask Jeeves!
« on: October 09, 2015, 02:35:30 AM »
As you are probably aware, Ask Jeeves was the original name of Ask.com, a question answering-focused web search engine created in 1995 and launched in 1996. To celebrate it's potentially 20th anniversary, I think it's time we all here at NWR finally did something to educate ourselves about something other than the latest Marvel news and grew as individuals and members to society. I further propose that we do this by utilizing this wonderfully constructed free tool. What are you going to Ask Jeeves and what did you learn?

For me, I've thought about the following:

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: In This Thread, We All Ask Jeeves!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 02:42:39 AM »

Huh. Not the answer I was expecting but Jeeves knows all so I have to respect that.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 03:30:47 AM »

Ok. Now we're learning.

Holy Unexpected Results, Batman! There's a lot of learning happening on here. Bewbify? What? The motorboarding answer in the top right. The New Theory blurb. But I've got to say, I think the bottom right corner is what is going to lead me to the most scientific answer.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 03:38:30 AM »

Hmmm. Turns out breasts are just a second butt that woman have on their chest. Definitely not the answer I would have come up with but Jeeves don't lie so I guess that's that. Not sure why males didn't see the need to have a second butt on their chest for woman to sniff but that's a question for another day. You can only learn so much.

And frankly, now that I've discovered Bewbify, I have to learn more about it since I can't believe this actually exists.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 03:51:36 AM »

Sorry Shaymin, Broodwars and Ceric.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 04:01:09 AM »

We have gone down the learning rabbit hole now, my friends. This may be surprising to some but this whole thing actually just makes me feel sad for anyone involved in it whether it be the women or the user's requesting messages or even the people receiving the messages.

But the thing that really boggles my mind is this example on the site which may be a bit risqué but I'm hoping it falls under the Funhouse allowance.

Seriously? What company or business is going to do this? What manager / supervisor is going to say let's spend some extra company money to tell someone that we are going to hire them via the picture of a woman's chest with that message on it? A picture that when shown to others could make the company look sexist and possible create a negative public image?

It appears Bewbify has opened my eyes to a problem with learning. While you may get answer to one question, that answer may create 10 more questions. Learning is impossible.

Well, that's all for me tonight. My mind is too overwhelmed from this brief experience of learning and I don't have the energy to keep doing more. Can't wait to find out what everyone else is learning. And maybe I was wrong about my first question. Maybe I should have been asking why Google isn't more like AskJeeves.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 04:03:32 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 04:06:02 AM »

Sorry Shaymin, Broodwars and Ceric.

Fascinating! I know they may not agree but AskJeeves algorithms are second to none so it must be true.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 04:47:07 PM »
What are the prices like on this "bewbify" as you call it?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 05:04:02 PM »
Didn't bother to investigate it that far. Just checked out the become a model section and called it quits. Was never going to use it so I didn't care about the price but now I wonder just how high they might want to charge for it since the become a model section talks about all the easy and great money you could earn.