|Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming|
|What will Nintendo release in 2021?|
|(1/6) > >>|
In this thread: all the major Nintendo releases of the year. That way we can see at the end of 2021 who had the best predictions!
2021 New Software Published
- Buddy Mission BOND January 29th. JP only.
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury February 12th.
- Bravely Default 2 February 26th. Has demo.
- New Pokémon Snap April 30th.
- Famicom Detective Club: The Missing Heir May 14th.
- Famicom Detective Club: The Girl Who Stands Behind May 14th.
- Miitopia May 21st.
- DC Super Hero Girls: Teen Power June 4th.
- Mario Golf: Super Rush June 25th.
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD July 16th.
- No More Heroes III August 27th.
2021 New Hardware & Major Merch
- amiibo: Cat Mario & Cat Peach. February 12th.
- amiibo: Palamute, Palico & Magnamalo. March 26th.
- amiibo: Gold Palamute, Gold Palico & Gold Magnamalo. January 25th-April 11th.
- amiibo: Banjo & Kazooie, Terry Bogard, Byleth (Male). March 26th.
- amiibo cards: Animal Crossing x Sanrio Collection. Localized, March 26th.
- Hardware: Switch variant - Mario 3D World. February 12th.
- Hardware: Switch variant - Monster Hunter Rise. March 26th.
- Hardware: Joy-Con variant - Zelda: Skyward Sword HD. July 16th.
- Book: Ask Iwata. April 13th, Viz publishing.
- LEGO Mario New sets. January 1st.
2021 DLC (paid)
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Fighters Pass 2: DLC 4 March 2021. Pyra & Mythra
- Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Expansion Pass May 28th.
- Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Expansion Pass: Wave 1 June 2021.
- Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Expansion Pass: Wave 2 November 2021.
2021 DLC (free)
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Festivale update January 28th.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Mario update February 25th.
2021 Switch Online benefits
- Free trial: Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled December 30th - January 5th.
- Free trial: Dead Cells January 26th - February 1st.
- Games added to NSO NES/SNES apps:
* Fire 'n' Ice / Solomon's Key 2 NES. February 17th.
* Doomsday Warrior SNES. February 17th.
* Prehistorik Man SNES. February 17th.
* Psycho Dream SNES. February 17th.
* Shin Megami Tensei II Super Famicom. February 17th. JP only.
- Nintendo Direct February 17th.
- Pokémon Presents February 26th.
- Mr. Sakurai Presents March 4th.
Announced projects beyond 2021/without dates
- Detective Pikachu TBA. (Missed 2020 release date.) Enhanced port.
- Pokémon Sleep TBA. (Missed 2020 release date.) Mobile.
- Pokémon Unite TBA. (Announced June 2020.) Mobile/PC.
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Fighters Pass 2, DLC 5-6 TBA. Two packs remain.
- Bayonetta 3 TBA. (Announced December 2017.)
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Sequel TBA. (Announced June 2019.)
- Metroid Prime 4 Date TBA. (Announced June 2017 - project rebooted ~January 2019.)
- Splatoon 3 2022. (Announced February 2021.)
Welcome to the 2021 predictions thread, where you can win points and eternal glory!
How it works: please post one or more Nintendo related things you think will occur this year.
I will try to update this thread with all the major Nintendo releases of the year, just like last year.
Barring unforeseen catastrophe we can then once again tally everyone’s points by the end so we can discover who the true Soothsayer of our board is.
You can predict anything you want in this thread (please don’t manifest another plague though), but if you wanna COMPETE for those highly desirable POINTS, please humor me and follow these Rules/suggestions:
* You may submit between 1 and 10 predictions for the year.
* If you can write your predictions in bullet point format that’d be helpful, but it's not required.
* You get 1 point for being right, half a point for being half-right.
* No points for guessing stuff we already know! See what we already know… below the line!
* You have until the first Direct of the year to submit predictions. Last time that was January 9th! Obviously we can continue speculation afterwards, but I don’t wanna go through every post again to assign meaningless VERY VALUABLE points.
SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED FOR NEW PREDICTIONS
Feel free to speculate, but I'm not gonna count 'em in December.
Here's my bold predictions for the year!
* The three new Smash Bros. fighters will all release this year. They are: Dr. Robotnik, Crash Bandicoot, and a Konami character. A smaller, third season pass is announced, to Sakurai's chagrin.
* Zelda Twilight Princess HD is ported to Switch this year, but not Wind Waker HD.
* Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury scores lower in reviews than the original and is once again unjustly snubbed during GOTY season.
* Another Game & Watch is released, this time containing all the Game & Watch Gallery releases. No other retro/mini consoles.
* Boyfriend Dungeon becomes the surprise indie critical darling of the year.
* The Zelda BOTW sequel will not release this year, but Age of Calamity gets a big DLC expansion.
* E3 is cancelled once again.
* A new Fire Emblem game is announced, again working with Koei-Tecmo.
* NSO adds SNES Vegas Stakes and either Mario RPG or EarthBound, but not both.
* Sonic & Mario Tokyo Olympics is re-released with bonus content to tie into the event (which will happen, but without any audience).
Can y'all do better? Let's hear it!
Here we go
* A 2D Metroid is absolutely coming out this year from Mercury Steam, and I will absolutely ignore it because I'm not really a Metroidvania guy.
* Doshin the Giant will be the WHAT?! character in the 2nd fighter pass.
* That Splatoon side scroller will finally emerge.
* A 3D Kirby game will finally release and have controversial elements.
* Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity, surprisingly does not have any DLC.
* A sequel to everyone's favourite recent sonic game, sonic forces 2 will be announced. You will also be allowed to port over your terrible original character.
* The Switch operating system will gain one new theme in 2021.
* Breath of the Wild 2 will receive a 89 metacritic
* Tatsu, from Xenoblade X, will appear in an official Nintendo Direct, a Direct Mini will not count.
* The credits sequence for No More Heroes 3 will be over 17 minutes in length.
I'm going to go big this year.
1. The Bowser's Fury part of the upcoming Switch port of 3D World can almost be considered its own game. The original Wii U version of 3D World was only 1.7 GB while Nintendo's own reports say the Switch version will be 5 GB. Mario Odyssey in comparison was 5.7 GB. So either something like New Super Luigi that redesigns every level, or some huge Mario Odyssey style open world levels. Either way it's going to be epic.
2. Zelda's 35th Anniversary will be huge. Nintendo will also release a Zelda 35 similar to Super Mario 35 that is available for a limited time and based off the original as well. The rumored Skyward Sword HD will be released as part of the upcoming 35th anniversary as well. Nintendo will pull a Mario 3D All Stars with Zelda and release a limited time collection that includes Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD. Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity will get a huge DLC expansion that actually has the original story of what happened during the Calamity instead of the DBZ style alternate timeline the base game has. And finally Breath of the Wild 2 will be Nintendo's big holiday game this year.
3. Metroid will also have a big year. A New 2D Metroid from Mercury Steam will come out this year and it will be Metroid 5. And yes the villains will be who the 100% completion reward for beating Samus Returns shows. A trailer for Prime 4 will be shown with a 2022 release date at the end. Metroid Prime Trilogy HD which has been done for a while will finally come out this year as well since they'll finally have footage of Prime 4 to show so they'll want to get Metroid Prime hype train going.
4. A new 2D Kirby that's a traditional adventure game will come out this year. Unlike Star Allies, this one will be more single player focused with some major gimmick like Planet Robobot.
5. With Retro busy with Prime 4, Nintendo has gotten Playtonic Games to create the next 2D Donkey Kong. Since the studio is made up of former Rare employees who even worked on the original Donkey Kong Country games, Nintendo is more then happy to work with them again. The game will be announced this year but won't come out until 2022.
6. A new Wario Ware for the Switch will be released.
7. A new Fire Emblem Echo's will be released that will be a remake of the 4th game, Genealogy of the Holy War. The 5th game Thracia 776 will also be remade for the game as something unlockable after beating it or DLC announced later.
8. Arms 2 and Splatoon 3 will both be announced and released this year as well.
9. A port of Xenoblade X will happen with an added epilogue to deal with the huge cliffhanger left at the end of the original Wii U game.
10. One of the upcoming Smash Bros DLC character will be Crash Bandicoot. For the final Smash Bros DLC character, Sakurai will say **** it and reveal Goku.
Mr. Bungle's predictions for Nintendo in 2021
- New Switch Model improved Switch hardware releases holiday 2021
- New Game from Ubisoft Uses a Nintendo IP like Mario + Rabbids and Starlink
- Zelda re-releases For 35th anniversary several older games are released on switch, not as a collection
- New Kirby Game Not a platformer
- New Wario or WarioWare Game
- Battletoads (2020) ported to switch
- Games without release dates Bayonetta 3 will release in Summer 2021, Breath of the Wild 2 delayed to 2022, Metroid Prime 4 teaser trailer with 2022 release window
- Wii U eShop Announcement of closure in 2022
- Smash DLC Challengers include a Pokemon and two 3rd party characters, one from Koei Tecmo
- Super Mario Movie Delayed to 2022
| Message Index|