StoryOof what a first round (https://nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=63688.0)! Mr. Zero knew he signed up for a corker when he signed that very lucrative new F-Zero Sportscaster contract, but little did he know this one would be less predictable than a randomly generated X Cup track layout!
No less than three drivers were forced off track, but a particularly risky move from Race Leader Jody Summer bumped the Mighty Hurricane back on track through a miraculous move of physics-defying action!
Meanwhile, two drivers have ditched their cars for a single two-driver vehicle, and a fly-by-night new racing team pushed a brand new driver onto the track who will start the next race from the pitlane with a significant grid penalty! Amidst the chaos, Sonic the Hedgehog snatches pole position from everyone. Onlookers report he could be heard shouting "you're too slow!" while passing a few backmarkers.
Next up, we the racing action heats up as F-Zero moves to the Fire Field - Cylinder Knot!
Tonight's Events:- MASB was killed by Townie Vote (by way of Race Leader Tiebreaker). MASB was Mafia Goon #3.
- BeautifulShy was killed by Killer hit. BeautifulShy was the Risky Driver.
- Pokepal148 was killed by Mafia hit. Pokepal was the Townie Detective.
- Pokepal148 was revived by the Risky Driver. They enjoy a one-day protection, so they cannot be voted out or killed tonight.
- Khushrenada was appointed the new Race Leader by the previous Race Leader.
- Love is in the Aero Dive! Cupid's Arrows struck a new proverbial King Arrow & Mrs. Arrow. A new couple was formed! Their objective is now to survive until the end together. If one dies, the other will too.
- A new player joins the race from the back of the grid, see below!
New driver joins the race!ThePerm is a late arrival! Since they are late in a AA-battery powered Bumper Car, their role is announced to everyone: ThePerm is a Normal Townie with a one-time Boost item.
The Boost allows a one-time escape from a Mafia or Killer hit. ThePerm will need to use the Boost on their own accord; it does not activate automatically, nor will they be told if the Mafia or Killer have a hit planned on them. The Boost does not protect against being voted out.
Special rolesMafia roles:
Mafia #1: Mafia boss. Shows up as townie when investigated by Detective
Mafia #2: Mafia goon. 50% Chance to inherit a mafia special ability.
Mafia #3: Mafia goon. 50% Chance to inherit a mafia special ability.
Mafia #4: Begrudging Mafia member. Can change the Mafia's target on their own.
Normal Townie: No special power. Aim to survive the race by voting out the Mafia!
Detective: Can investigate 1 player per night and be told their role.
Doctor: Can protect 1 player per night (including themselves) and shield them from any harm.
Risky Driver: If killed, they can choose to either revive + shield 1 player, excluding themselves, or kill 1 player of their choice. Cupid: Can select any 2 players (including themselves) and tie their fates to each other. Their objective changes: they must now survive together to become the winner of the game. If 1 dies, the other does too. A couple must be established before Day 2 starts. Cupid becomes a Normal Townie afterwards.
3rd Party Roles:
Killer: Can kill 1 player per night. This player can only win if they're the last player standing.
The Couple: 2 Players were struck by Cupid's arrows. They must survive together until the end. If one dies, the other dies too.
Race Leader: Vote tiebreaker, as established by poll. The Race Leader retains pole position until either Victory or Death. In the latter case, they appoint their successor.
RulesIf you want a general refresher on how Mafia works, see the sign up thread (https://nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=63540.0).
1. Days will run for ~48 hours, or will end early if a 51+% majority is reached.
2. Nights will last 24 hours, or less if all Night Actions are received earlier.
3. In case of a tied vote, the Race Leader must decide an outcome. If no response is given, a Random Number Generator will flip a coin.
4. All Night Actions will be summarised in the next Day thread. Roles of killed players will be revealed.
5. If you have any questions, feel free to ask away. I will be accepting Feedback when the game has ended.
Current driver line-up1. Pokepal148, as Roger Buster in the Mighty Hurricane (sponsored by F-Zero Fedex).
2. Khushrenada, as Sonic the Hedgehog (racing for Sonic Team).
3. BeautifulShy, as Judy Summer, in the White Cat. Killed.
4. Lolmonade, as the closest thing to an F-Zero experience.
5. MASB, as Mr. EAD, piloting the Great Star. Killed.
6. Nickmitch, as Samurai Goroh, in the Fire Stingray.
7. NRW_Insanolord, as a Tube Slider, representing this year's F-Zero stunt cross-over with Future Formula.
8. Stevey, as Black Shadow, in the Black Bull.
9. Stratos, as James McCloud, in the Little Wyvern.
10. Mr. Bungle, as Silver Neelsen, in the Night Thunder.
11. Shyguy, as Phoenix, in the Rainbow Phoenix.
12. Mop It Up, as Princia Ramode, ruler of the X Cup.
13. Backwards Flying Dragons, as Baby from Super Monkey Ball.
14. Lucario, as Waluigi, in the Standard Kart.
15. ThePerm, a Normal Townie in a AA-battery powered Bumper Car.
Drivers at risk:Shyguy-5