Author Topic: square enix's next gamecube game  (Read 7743 times)

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
square enix's next gamecube game
« on: September 27, 2003, 05:12:20 PM »
We all know by now that square enix have another gamecube game in the works.  What do you think it'll be ?  I know there have been rumors in the past of a crono trigger sequal and with recent news, it doesnt look like we'll be gettin that sequal of ff7 since its a movie now.  Some wishful thinking of mine would be another installment in the secret of mana games.  One resembling secret of mana 1&2 on the super famicon as apposed to that booty legend of mana on the psx.  They can implement gba-gc connectivity with the release of the secret of mana game on the gameboy advance and they can also enhance the 4 player elements that are in final fantasy CC.  Besides, we all know that the 4 player co op will fit in better within the secret of mana games than in the final fantasy since co op play has been in almost every mana game before.  Anyways, what other educated guesses of wishful thoughts do you fellow gamers have on what square enix will have in store for us.

Offline Gup

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:square enix's next gamecube game
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2003, 05:28:03 PM »
Square Enix has another GameCube game planned????  I guess it could be possible.  Anyways, Crystal Chronicles resembles the Mana series more than Final Fantasy so I doubt GCN will get a Mana game.  If I were to choose any Square Enix series other than Final Fantasy to be brought to GCN, I'd go with a Chrono game.  Chrono Trigger was amazing for its' time(gameplay wise, it still is) and Chrono Cross was a worthy sequel.

But I'd have to say that Kingdom Hearts(which I don't like) would fit into GameCube's line-up the most.
"You can't act like your opinion on something is the way it IS."-m_c

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2003, 05:53:17 PM »
Let's just say it'll be something good.
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
RE: square enix's next gamecube game
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2003, 06:26:47 PM »
I still have hopes for the Parasite Eve Remake that was rumored a while back.

But I would put my hopes on something from Enix rather than Square.  Generally, Enix is a much better developer than Square, although they aren't as appreciated in the west.  I would REALLY like to see something from Enix on GameCube.

But no, I really don't want to speculate, as that has a tendency to start rumors and crap.  I will just say that I think that there's definately another game coming from Square-Enix.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2003, 06:30:13 PM »
*marks calendar for E3*

Offline Gup

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2003, 06:38:02 PM »
I've never played an Enix game, so I can't judge who's better.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2003, 06:41:38 PM »
Are you sure?

Enix game list

Illusion of Gaia is a great game, imo, and Star Ocean is good too...

(Off-topic:  I found a copy of the first Dragon Warrior for 3 bucks at Gamestop today...snatched it up in a second )

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2003, 06:42:06 PM »
there was some type of announcement or somethin of the group responsable for ffCC developing another game, system wasnt specified but since its funded by nintendo, you can clearly see its comin to gamecube or anything nintendo related.  Ima try and look for the link to post up.

Offline Gup

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2003, 07:14:15 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill
Are you sure?

Enix game list

My bad!!!  I've played Valkyrie Profile and a Bust-a-Move.  I didn't get deep enough into VP, but I love all the BaM games.  Star Ocean 2 is something I always wanted to play since becoming an RPG gamer.

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2003, 07:24:39 PM »

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2003, 07:54:27 PM »
yeah i generally do like enix's works better than some of square's efforts
my favorite enix games are developed by tri-ace which is one of the best rpg developers in the business
they are the ones who are made famous by star ocean, but i love valkyrie profile as well- in fact valkyrie profile is one of the better rpgs to play- it has a great battle system and a pretty good story
tri-ace is great for battle systems- they are always good and give you more control than just choices from menus

but a lot of enix's old efforts are great as well- and not just the dragon quest series
illusion of gaia is a great example of it- but i think enix's best action rpg was undoubtably terranigma
for anyone who has had the privalage to play that gem- you got your money's worth- it is the best action rpg enix has made- it has a great story, good gameplay, and above all it is fun
i would hope enix would make another game in the vein of illusion of gaia or terranigma- maybe they will some day
i call the big one bitey.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2003, 07:59:50 PM »
I've been looking for Terranigma for a while now, but it's nowhere to be found.  I hoped they would put it out for the GBA, but to my disappointment, they haven't...

Offline Yuji Miyamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2003, 08:07:19 PM »
super mario rpg gba,, paper mario 2,,ff7(not dvd movie)

chrono trigger?
I'm not a doctor but I play one on t.v.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2003, 08:09:03 PM »
Hehe...I've heard some VERY juicy rumors from decent sources, as well as done some inductive reasoning, but I'm not gonna make a fool out of myself until more proof comes forward ^_^

Though I am surprised that we haven't heard from Super Mario RPG GBA yet...hmmmmm...  

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2003, 08:22:55 PM »
remember that illusion of guia and terranigma are part of a trillogy with the first game being soul blazer, and that game was a gem.  They were all good in their own way lol.  Terranigma you should be able to find on kazaa or if you do a lil searchin on google or something.  There are alot of sites with snes roms.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2003, 08:24:09 PM »
... Bubble Bobble RPG?

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2003, 01:22:39 AM »

I've been looking for Terranigma for a while now, but it's nowhere to be found.  I hoped they would put it out for the GBA, but to my disappointment, they haven't...

Why Enix released it in PAL territories and not the US will forever be mystery. I need to hire the Scooby gang or something to solve it.

Terranigma was a BRILLIANT game. In fact, I officially declare it's my favorite RPG of all time. Why the hell did I sell my copy? STUPID LACK OF MONEY! (I just answered my own question!) *Cries like a pansy*

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2003, 03:20:01 AM »
Brain Lord was also a good one from Enix I still play it today. Square is good but lately their Meh I dont like FF's anymore since FF10 bores me and im not fond of the sphere grid system, the only Square game I like is FF:T and FF:TA and the SNES FF's FF7 was okay IMO. Enix is still great IMO and im still anticipating Star Ocean:Till End of Time for PS2  
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2003, 04:35:41 AM »
Wow, I'm surprised people here actually know what's Terranigma. I wish they would remake the game for GC instead though. A GBA port would also be nice. I'm pretty sure Terranigma was the only English RPG that never made it to America while the game was released in everywhere else.  

Offline Marufy007

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2003, 06:32:47 AM »
I wouldnt mind if the next Square game was a 3D remake of FF4, 6 or Chrono Trigger. or Hell just give us a Chrono Break or Star Ocean 3.5  
Save the best for last!
CLASS OF 99!!!
Maruf

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2003, 03:57:27 PM »
Well, right now I'm dreaming and hoping and praying that it will be another Ogre Battle game... But NOT like Tactics Ogre. I'm talking the original Ogre Battle, complete with Tarot cards and auto-sequenced battles. God, I love that game. Here's to hoping.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline GaimeGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2003, 05:20:27 PM »
Well, have you ever played Ogre Battle 64?  That's one of the best games ever made, in my opinion.  You can't get much better than OB64 ( The ONLY two games  I  like more than  Ogre Battle 64 are:   The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (#2 fave of all time) and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (fave game of all time))

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2003, 05:29:35 PM »
Unfortunatley, as I understand it, the man at Square who's in charge of the Tactics Ogre series vehemently dislikes Nintendo, so I don't think we'll be seeing the series on the Gamecube anytime soon.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Yuji Miyamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2003, 07:24:00 PM »
if the team leader of the ogre series "hates" nintendo as you say, then why was ogre 64 released?  what about the upcoming orge gba game?  I guess you know the team leader personally?

actually there are many at square who wish they could develop for nintendo exclusively.  square's key executives
literally begged Yamauchi-san to allow them to return to developing for nintendo.

many at square blame sony for its negative influence over the ff series.  ff8 being the one game that sony execs put their fingers in the most, saying "it must be more cinematic."  this was the first time an investor held sway over the direction of a game still in development.  soon after square would post its biggest financial losses in the companies history.  something also blamed on the influence of sony.

there is an interesting story behind the scenes at Square, i can see that no one here knows it.  unfortuante.
it makes great reading.
I'm not a doctor but I play one on t.v.

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2003, 08:20:53 PM »

Originally posted by: Infernal Monkey

Terranigma was a BRILLIANT game. In fact, I officially declare it's my favorite RPG of all time. Why the hell did I sell my copy? STUPID LACK OF MONEY! (I just answered my own question!) *Cries like a pansy*

You actually had a copy of Terranigma?!  Geez...I had to play the emulated version to even know what the hell it was.  Really great game that one, until the end...I hated the ending, you see.  Killed most of the experience for me.  But it's still pretty sweet.  

Anyway, have there been any actual reports of a new GC game by S-E?  All I've heard is the new Dragon Warrior Slime Quest game in Japan, and the new Kingdom Hearts, and both of those are GBA titles.  Looks like they're trying to pull a fast one and make one GC title, then ten bijillion GBA games...

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power...its burning grip tells me to defeat you!!!"

-Domon, G Gundam