Author Topic: Anybody else looking forward to TMNT game?  (Read 10061 times)

Offline Oni Link

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Anybody else looking forward to TMNT game?
« on: February 02, 2003, 09:40:01 AM »
I actually can't wait until it comes out. I havent heard much about it though. Does anyone know if its a beat um up game or a 1 on 1 fighting game.
You cant spell crap without rap

Offline Sith

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2003, 10:20:44 AM »
Word on the streets says you can get the Zelda bonus disc today.

Retailers have had them for days.  Web retailers like Ebworld.com and Gamestop.com have already shipped.

We've received an internal e-mail from a "well known retail chain" employee that gave them the green light to distribute the discs now.

Stores in on the deal are currently breaking the release date for the Zelda bonus disc.  Call your local retailer to see if you can get your pre-order bonus early!

Offline Mingesium

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2003, 10:29:33 AM »
The video game is based on the new cartoons. You can find info on the new cartoon at The Official TMNT Web Site.

I hope the game is a beat um up type of game.  

Offline Aretak

• Tekishuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2003, 10:36:37 AM »
Hell. Yes. I remember all the good times I've had playing TMNT games on the NES and the SNES, so I hope this one lives up to those games.
DVDs | Games

"Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't allow our peopl

Offline baberg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2003, 10:47:21 AM »
Man, does this bring back memories.  Kudos to anybody who knows Splinter and Shredder's real names...  And yes, I still remember them.  I need a life.  Badly.

But back to the game, I hope it's not a Street Fighter clone.  The GC controller just isn't suited to that style of gaming.  If I were designing the game, I would make it cel-shaded, obviously.  It would be third person, with gameplay similar to Devil May Cry - high on visual flair, emphasis on action, but without all the gothic imagery.  It should try and capture the cartoon's action sequences.  Probably have to limit it to single player, and cut out a lot of the explicit violence to keep it a Teen rating.

The missions would be laid out in a storyline sequence.  Kill the Foot Clan in this neighborhood, rescue April from Mousers, etc.  All of it culminating with a boss battle against Shredder at the end.

Konami is sitting on a gold mine of nostalgia in TMNT.  If they can capture both the younger market who is watching the new cartoons and the older demographic who remembers with fondness Leonardo, Donatello, Michaelangelo, and Raphael...  They could make millions.
Name: Barry
Town: Hyrule

Offline xino

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2003, 10:51:38 AM »
It's supposed to be a 2D cel-shaded side scroller, am I right? With 3D graphics, not meaning the gameplay but just the graphics.

Offline Gharakh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2003, 12:04:22 PM »

All of it culminating with a boss battle against Shredder at the end.

don't forget beebop and rock-steady

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2003, 12:08:43 PM »
Don't forget the Rat King, or Krang, or Slash, or Metal Head, or Baxter Stockman, or the Rock Soldiers, or etc...etc....

God, I can't wait!  Heroes in a farking half-shell, baby!!! Cowabunga!!!1111
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2003, 12:16:13 PM »
From what I understand the new cartoon is based more on the comics - and I'm pretty sure that means no Bebop, Rocksteady, or a ton of other things fans of the cartoon might be familiar with.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline popkorn1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2003, 12:32:31 PM »
I've been looking forward to this game for so long.  And yes, the new cartoon is based more on the comics... April isn't even a reporter anymore, she's Baxter Stockman's assistant!   I'm sure this is going to be great, I'm a huge turtle fan, and will buy this game no matter what, but have faith that we aren't going to be let down!  Thank God this title didn't skip over my beloved GameCube.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2003, 12:50:42 PM »
From all indications...Baxter will have a giant penis now. Thats a big change.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline ShanD

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2003, 01:21:59 PM »
All I hope is that Konami doesn't screw the game over and just make a POS sequal just to cash in on the Turtle hype. I still play my NES Turtle game, and it's great. But because it just may be crap, I'm holding out for reviews before I buy the game.
hay guyzz wuts goin on in dis sig

Offline Aretak

• Tekishuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2003, 01:23:45 PM »
Well, Konami made the best TMNT game ever IMO (Turtles 4: Turtles In Time on the SNES), so I'm hopeful they can recreate the magic of that title.

I just played through it a little while ago on a SNES emulator. Good times...
DVDs | Games

"Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't allow our peopl

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2003, 02:10:27 PM »
I too relieved Ninja Turtles on the emulator....one thing to say...it frickin rocks on-line. Its been tested...now they should put it in!
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline "Sky"

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2003, 11:35:44 AM »
The old Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles games were great fun to be had with me and my friends

Our personal favorite is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhatten Project.

I believe this is to be a beat'em up. At least that's what I garner from what I read. After all... it does say that the turtles are fighting their way across sewers and streets according to Konami's own press release on Gamer's Day.

Let's hope Konami doesn't disappoint...

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2003, 01:48:07 PM »
"Kudos to anybody who knows Splinter and Shredder's real names"

Splinter: Hamato Yoshi
Shredder: Oroku Saki

I probably got the spelling wrong.  These are the real names for the original cartoon.  I believe in the comic Splinter was always a rat and Hamato Yoshi was his owner (or is that only the movie).

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2003, 01:55:04 PM »
Hey, if it's even half the game that Turtles In Time/HyperStone was, I'll be happy.

I'm really not expecting much from this. I just have a strong feeling Konami will screw it up in some way...
What I really want is a port of Turtles In Time (TIT, heh) on GBA. That's one port I wouldn't mid paying full price for again..

Offline Marufy007

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2003, 04:20:16 PM »
something that would be interesting is if they took the concept of GTA and used that. imagine walking around a big city and being able to treverse the sewers as well. i dont know if the new cartoon will have the turtle van or the blimp, but those would be other fun things to control. im sure if they tweaked the game right too, they could make it a 4 player game as well. whether split screen or not. instead of rampages you could have foot soldier missions, try to save a rob bank from a foot soldier raid etc etc

oh well, i think it could work. i just think it'd be fun to run around new york as a turtle. although im not sure if this new series has it to where the humans still fear the turtles or not. in that case, i guess it would be hard for them to run around new york...at least during the day. unless they have those costumes again with the masks. hehe! nothing will ever beat classic turtles! i wish this one would have Krang and the Technodrome, but im just ranting now so i'll stop!

see ya guys!
Save the best for last!
CLASS OF 99!!!
Maruf

Offline popkorn1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2003, 08:50:07 PM »
For those of you interested, the brand new cartoon is making its debut this Saturday, Febuary 8th in the wee hours of the morning (9-10ish)!!  It'll probably give a good hint of what's to come in the new game, too.  I can't wait, finally waking up early will be exciting!!

(I am a huge nerd.)

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2003, 01:21:38 AM »
Ah, I was looking for when this was debuting, thanks a bunch!  As for the game, definatly will buy, just like the NES games upstairs, it will be a prized posession.   I heard it was a 3d adventure game, which I won't mind, as I have played a LOT of the beat-em-ups.

Offline Poona

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2003, 06:16:51 PM »
Yes, I am looking forward to it!

I only hope and pray that it's a four player co-op game. You know, just like the arcade game? The Ninja Turtles work together as a foursome, and hopefully them implement 4 player co-op so that players and take control of the turtles to work together as a foursome.

Loved Turtles in Time and Hyperstone Heist as well, but they were only 2 player due to the limtations of the consoles. Today we can have 4 players, so I'm hoping that comes true.