Community Forums > NWR Mafia Games

Mafia 88: Hey Pikmin, Four...m A Mafia! Day 1.

<< < (2/5) > >>

Khushrenada:

--- Quote from: TOPHATANT123 on January 31, 2022, 01:51:04 PM ---I've finished reading the rule tome and there's some fascinating stuff in there. The Pikmin gimmicks are super in-depth.

Also need to keep an eye out for the bombs and the rookie cop. This game's packed!

--- End quote ---

Part of the fun this game might just be reaching and talking to other players about the rules! So much to discuss! ;)

And it is going to get more jam-packed. It turns out we have 19 players in this game. (Almost made 20.) I had missed a name in the sign-up thread. This has made me think some more about how things are arranged and I think starting the mafia at 3 members is too small for this amount of players even though the Mafia may be able to recruit more. Therefore I am going to assign another player to their group taking away one person from the current Townie pool. This means the Mafia begins the game with Olimar and one red, one yellow and one blue pikmin.

In addition, I am also going to add in the role of The Killer. Yes, there was already a chance of the Vigilante becoming the Killer depending on their hit choice but I'm going to give one player this role off the bat. There is the possibility the Vigilante could also become a Killer leading to two of them in this game but that depends on the player and how things go. If the Vigilante does become a Killer then that player will still be working on their own. The Killers would not be paired up and they would be looking to eliminate the other to win. It occurs to me that there isn't a lot of on the Townies side to take on the Mafia at night. Running some scenarios, I saw possibilities in which the Vigilante could be eliminated early in which case all the Townies have left to counter the growing Mafia threat is the vote which could be negated by recruitments.

This game may become more Baby Park than Pikmin but I think this is the last tweak I'll have to do here. It's wild out there in Pikmin Land!

Stratos:
Mmmmmm num num. What will I munch today?

I vote Mop it up as she looks like she has some tasty pellets to eat.

BeautifulShy:
Afternoon everyone. 

Looking to play this game so that if you want to reach out to me early on day 1 then you can do that butif I don't hear back from folks by day 2 I will reach out and possibly vote for you in the coming days if you are not one of the day one folks who messages me.  Too much uncertainty to not have folks contacting each other early on.

Khushrenada:
Just a reminder that Day 1 ends in about 23 hours. I’m hoping all the players are aware that the game has begun. Such low posting in the Day 1 thread so far...

Current vote tally:

Mop it up - 1
nickmitch - 1

2 out of a possible 19 votes cast! A real nail biter.  :o

ThePerm:
Watch ThePerm get down and dance with some Pikmin!

https://youtu.be/t---K1SCC7E

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version