Community Forums > General Chat

NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto

<< < (579/596) > >>

BlackNMild2k1:
NBA is the sports entertainment that keeps on giving....

After the whole Nets debacle ending with Kyrie just taking his player option, KD turns around and basically says "**** Kyrie and/or **** The Nets" by immediately requesting a Trade.

preferred "Next Chapter" destination..... #1 regular season record in the West (The Suns) or the #1 regular season record in the East (The Heat).

that sounds so familiar.... reminds me of when he signed with the Best Regular Season Record in NBA History Warriors.

The memes, jokes and the negative narrative around all of this is just gonna be so damn entertaining.

Adrock:
Sources: Utah Jazz trading star center Rudy Gobert to Minnesota Timberwolves for four first-round picks

Bye Rudy.

This feels like more of Danny Ainge hoarding draft picks only to not make any major moves then say afterward, "Oh yeah, we could have had [Player X] or [Player Y] if we really wanted."

Was it merely a coincidence that the Celtics were back in the Finals the literally season after Ainge "retired"?

From the Jazz’seses side, it was high time for a major roster shakeup. The roster was simply not working as (previously) constructed. As expected, they kept Mitchell who still has upside while Gobert is who he is at 30. And Beasley is solid. I don't know anything about Vanderbilt, Bolmaro, or Kessler. They're all young so that's a plus if the Jazz are committing to a rebuild around Mitchell. Pat Bev, of course, trick y'all, man.

From the Timberwolves’ side, four first round picks (all unprotected except 2029) feels like an overpay. President of Basketball Operations Tim Connelly gave up a draft pick by even answering Ainge’s call. Why does anyone still trade with this guy?

--- Quote from: BlackNMild2k1 on June 30, 2022, 04:57:19 PM ---preferred "Next Chapter" destination..... #1 regular season record in the West (The Suns) or the #1 regular season record in the East (The Heat).

that sounds so familiar.... reminds me of when he signed with the Best Regular Season Record in NBA History Warriors.
--- End quote ---
Ehh, I get the sentiment, but the situations aren't even remotely the same. The Warriors signed Kevin Durant at the beginning of his prime as a free agent and only gave up the privilege of re-signing Harrison Barnes. Oh no.

The Suns or Heat would have to give up at least rotation players (though the Nets apparently want all-star level players which, LOL, good luck) and draft picks for post-Achilles-tear-but-still-pretty-excellent-Kevin-Durant.

Anyway, teams are just poaching Warriors' talent this free agency. Bye Payton, Porter, and true Finals MVP, Toscano-Anderson. It's OVER for you bitches!

It's as good a time as any to see what Moody, Kuminga, and Wiseman can become.

broodwars:
Still doing my research on what we go out of this deal. I only heard about this just as I was leaving work, so I haven't had much time to read up on it.

This has been inevitable for a long time. I've always liked Rudy as a person and I've appreciated his defensive work, outside of the stunt that had us using a different name for this thread for a while. But he has no offensive game that isn't dunking the ball, he had no defensive ability outside the paint, and his salary was just fucking killing us. Plus, he and Donovan notoriously don't get along because both of them thought they were the leader of this team, and I'd argue neither of them were correct (I'd argue that was Joe Ingles, who is now a Milwaukee Buck).

I never in my wildest imagination thought the Jazz would not only trade Rudy within the Conference, but also within the Division. From all accounts, we got quality players in Beverly and Vanderbilt that will help address our longstanding perimeter defense issue, and we got trade fodder in the form of all those picks and the additional players. Everything I've seen so far says this is a phenomenal trade.

And make no mistake: the Jazz are not done. We just spent yesterday clearing out cap space and getting an additional 1st round draft pick from the Nets in exchange for Royce O'Neal. We pretty much gutted our bench yesterday. We SOMEHOW ended up under the salary cap on the last day of the "season", so we avoided the luxury tax. I'll be shocked if we end this summer with more than maybe 2 of the 5 1st round picks we're currently now sitting on.

There's more to come, and it will likely involve Conley and/or Bogdanovic. I suspect we may have trades in the works with the Kings and the Raptors. The Jazz REALLY wanted Harrison Barnes last season, but just couldn't make it happen.

For the life of me, I don't understand why every NBA team thought we would trade Donovan. He isn't and never was on the table. Even the Lakers apparently tried to get him.

broodwars:
OK, there's a new rumored trade now this evening I thought was worth spinning out into a new post: for some bizarre reason, the Suns want Kevin Durant. Yeah, I know...inexplicable, right? But they need to clear salary cap to make it happen, so the plan is to free it up by trading Deandre Ayton to the Jazz in exchange for Patrick Beverly & one of those Minnesota 1st round picks we just got.

So chances are good that if we see one of these moves, we'll probably see the other.

BlackNMild2k1:

--- Quote from: Adrock on July 01, 2022, 04:51:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: BlackNMild2k1 on June 30, 2022, 04:57:19 PM ---preferred "Next Chapter" destination..... #1 regular season record in the West (The Suns) or the #1 regular season record in the East (The Heat).

--- End quote ---
Ehh, I get the sentiment, but the situations aren't even remotely the same. The Warriors signed Kevin Durant at the beginning of his prime as a free agent and only gave up the privilege of re-signing Harrison Barnes. Oh no.

The Suns or Heat would have to give up at least rotation players (though the Nets apparently want all-star level players which, LOL, good luck) and draft picks for post-Achilles-tear-but-still-pretty-excellent-Kevin-Durant.

Anyway, teams are just poaching Warriors' talent this free agency. Bye Payton, Porter, and true Finals MVP, Toscano-Anderson. It's OVER for you bitches!

It's as good a time as any to see what Moody, Kuminga, and Wiseman can become.

--- End quote ---

I was more speaking about how Durant came to a #1 seed when he came to the Warriors, and now that he wants out of Brooklyn, request the #1 seed in both the East and West conferences.
Always taking what seems like the hardest route.... Even though those teams would have to give up something likely significant, where the Warriors did not.

I'm mostly just looking forward to the slander.
Seen it mentioned that LeBron went to teams that weren't having success, and took them to "Ringz Erneh".... Every single team he was on got a ring from Lebron. Durant's Legacy always being in question....

And I'm gonna miss GPII.... but I'm happy he got paid.
3yrs $28M in Portland.

D. Lee got less than JTA and i find that kinda funny, but good luck to them both on their new journeys elsewhere.

Porter getting an offer elsewhere was a given... And we can't keep everyone, especially with new talent incoming, and talent on the bench already itching to get that playtime.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version