Community Forums > General Chat

NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto

<< < (577/596) > >>

nickmitch:

--- Quote from: BlackNMild2k1 on June 17, 2022, 11:07:14 AM ---Glad Steph not only FINALLY got his FMVP, but won it decidedly.
Him not winning it was questionable in 2015-2016 (Iggy) and again in 2018-2019 (Durant)

--- End quote ---

I don't know about the decidedly part. There wasn't a player you could say was consistently better than him on the Warriors, but I think the series as a whole was one on the backs of the support players. The second half +/- favors Wiggins for those last three games, and I would say Wiggins only won it for the team in one of those instances.

Edit: Those yellow and black Jazz jerseys are hideous. The white one at least has the right design cues.

BlackNMild2k1:
It was decidedly.

Wiggins only out-performed Curry during game 4 win, but Curry was still providing that gravity that gets everyone else looks, regardless of him actually scoring points or not.
Curry also had a crazy stats tho, and even good defensive performance.
Something like 134 points in 143 minutes played. Shooting splits of something like 48/38/89

No team had a better player on the floor than Curry, and Wiggins was 2 steps down in considerations for that FMVP trophy. But if they gave a DPOF Award, Wiggins would've gotten that for sure.

and Yes, those Black and Yellow Jazz jerseys look like somethin you make in the "Create A Jersey" mode with extremely limited free assets.

But also wanted to add that I was kinda sad I missed that Warriors Parade on Monday. I was out of town, so couldn't make it. Dubs seem like they were getting real loose out there.

broodwars:
Well, it's Draft Day and we're still stuck with Gobert, so unless they announce a trade on live TV, I guess we're stuck with him for a while.

In light of the awful new jerseys, thought I'd post these fan jersey designs I saw on Twitter. These particular designs did something I really like, and I wish the team would officially do it too: incorporate the mountain into the music note design, merging the 2 icons the Jazz have used over the years. I don't know if you'd ever see it from a distance, but it finally makes the note click for me in a way it never has.

BlackNMild2k1:
Those are soooo much better than the official one.

Whoever got paid to design those practice jerseys should be ashamed, fired, and replaced by whomever did these fan designs. LOL

broodwars:

--- Quote from: BlackNMild2k1 on June 24, 2022, 05:54:10 PM ---Those are soooo much better than the official one.

Whoever got paid to design those practice jerseys should be ashamed, fired, and replaced by whomever did these fan designs. LOL

--- End quote ---

Speaking of the practice jerseys, the same fan also made the black jersey much better with the simple addition of the mountain.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version