Author Topic: Wii U console freezing up  (Read 22118 times)

Offline Rhoq

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U console freezing up
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2012, 11:09:07 AM »
Experienced my first Wii U system freeze last night. I was watching Hulu Plus. About a half hour in, commercial break and then the dreaded "black screen/vuvuzela of death". Power button was useless, I had to disconnect the Wii U from the power supply.
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline Rhoq

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2012, 11:13:12 AM »
people on miiverse are reporting how to avoid miiverse and nintendo land freezes. set language to english only. not sure where that is in nintendo land but people are jumping on it. Might as well before the patch.

It's in the NintendoLand game setting menu. I actually stumbled onto it last night. I wasn't even aware that this option was a potential fix, but I had set it to English-only anyways.
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline DrStiles

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2012, 01:30:06 PM »
I called Nintendo about the problem and they are replacing my Nintendo Land disk. This is weird, right? The problem is almost certainly not the Nintendo Land disk?

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2012, 02:36:09 PM »
I called Nintendo about the problem and they are replacing my Nintendo Land disk. This is weird, right? The problem is almost certainly not the Nintendo Land disk?

Eh....I would take what NOA customer service has said with a grain of salt.   I've had to call NOA about 4 different times since the Wii U launch (because my Wii U bricked), and I sort of get the feeling that they've staffed up with some new, less-knowledgable, and newly trained employees recently.   

On launch day the guy I talked to was fine, but all of their computers crashed and I had to call back the next day.   

Call #2 was fine, except the kid apparently clicked the wrong button on his screen and physically mailed me a mailing label, instead of sending it electronically via email. 

Call #3 was when I found out what the kid from Call #2 did wrong, but this other kid told me that he couldn't undo the first kid's mistake.   

Call #4, with a woman who seemed far more knowledgable, told me the kid from Call #3 was wrong and she could totally undo the mistake that the kid from Call #2 made.  Which she did, and all was good.

[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline Eyothrie

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2012, 12:05:24 PM »
It's Miiverse integration (horrible net code) in Nintendo Land that is causing the issue.   Setting the game and system to English only will reduce your chances of getting the hard lock (less Miis), but disabling the internet from the console altogether will completely fix the issue.  Of course, you lose all online functionality if you choose the latter.   Hoping for a patch soon.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 12:09:37 PM by Eyothrie »
RTR!

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2012, 12:37:14 PM »
I've had only 2 freeze ups so far, but they've both been at the start screen of Fifa 13 when the game checks for an internet connection.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline DarthKoopa

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2012, 01:00:05 PM »
I had another freeze yeterday. I had to back out of a BLOPS 2 zombie game to take a call. So far all of my crashes have come from backing out of onlne games or switching around aps really fast.

I had to disconnedt the power
Toynbee Idea. In movie 2001. Resurrect Dead. On planet Jupiter.

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2012, 02:59:44 AM »
I didn't have any freezings at all so far, but I did investigate why this is happening. It's definitely not a hardware issue, the Wii U provides good performance with low heat. As I was searching, I found someone saying it might be a Miiverse integration problem - as the system is always connected to Miiverse (& Nintendo Network). How does this happen? It could be because of the internet speed, but I've seen more people say it's an interference between the Wii U and the router of the user.

Another thing, one of my buddies also had a lot of freezings, but he assigned static ip addresses for the Wii U and ever since then he hasn't been experiences any freezings anymore.
"Video games are meant to be just one thing. Fun. Fun for everyone." - Satoru Iwata