Community Forums > General Chat

Soccer Discussion: 1.67% Chance of Being the Best Thread on the NWR Forums

<< < (153/153)

ejamer:
Should be a good game for the Women's World Cup!
(Have to admit that I haven't followed the others, so am completely ignorant about the quality of those matches... but assume they'll also be great?)

NWR_insanolord:
USA-Mexico is always big no matter the stakes, even if it's a friendly. One of few true rivalries in international soccer, the two teams always get up for this matchup, and this one especially should be heated with continental supremacy on the line and both teams a bit shorthanded and having coaches in their first tournament with the team.

Copa America could get out of hand, though, Brazil blew out Peru earlier in the tournament and there's a good chance that'll happen again, but it's fun to root for the underdog story.

Caliban:
I'm glad it's back too: https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/1173977816431517696

NWR_insanolord:
Anyone who's been itching for live sports since the pandemic started should set their alarms for tomorrow morning, as the German Bundesliga is back! A bunch of games are kicking off at 9:30 a.m. Eastern, with the biggest game being the rivalry match between Dortmund and Schalke which is on FS1.

The Bundesliga is a really fun league, and I especially love it because about half the teams have American players on them. That Dortmund-Schalke match includes Weston McKennie, one of the young stars of the U.S. national team, for Schalke, as well as Gio Reyna, a top youth prospect and son of U.S. legend Claudio Reyna, for Dortmund. The league is also home to Americans like Tyler Adams, Zack Steffen, John Brooks, and Alfredo Morales, as well as the great hope of Canadian soccer in Alphonso Davies.

NWR_insanolord:
Haven't posted in this thread for a while, but I just thought I'd congratulate Canada on qualifying for the World Cup for the first time since 1986 and only the second time ever. They've got a fun, young, very talented team, and have looked very good in qualifying. And after the big win by the U.S. tonight they'll be in as well as long as they don't lose by 6 on Wednesday in Costa Rica, getting that monkey off their back from 4 years ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version