Community Forums > General Chat

NWR Forums "How To" Guide For Posting

<< < (3/10) > >>

stevey:

--- Quote from: BlackNMild2k1 on February 07, 2010, 03:31:58 PM ---Stevey is the forum code master though.
I even quoted his post to try and see what he did. I have no idea.

Can you explain it to me and convert this for me too?

How to use Abbreviations/Acronyms in your post:
This is a good way to "hide" text behind a word or sentence and can be used to caption a picture
Use the tag [abbr=X] or [acronym=X]
Then replace "X" with the text you want to hide.
i.e. [abbr=You'll never find this text because its hidden]
now put the sentence, word or image* you want to post after your tag
i.e. [abbr=You'll never find this text because its hidden]X marks the spot!
follow that with the tag [/abbr] or [/acronym] depending on which one you started with
i.e. [abbr=You'll never find this text because its hidden]X marks the spot![/abbr]
X marks the spot!
or [abbr=You'll never find this text because its hidden][img]http://i49.tinypic.com/2z8vvbt.jpg[/img][/abbr]

--- End quote ---

[[b][/b]tag][/tag] works...

BlackNMild2k1:
I will always have to copy/paste your Abbr. fix back into that if I ever edit it again.
The forum software always like to screw with my post and move tags around. It's very annoying to have to go back and fix all sorts of stuff everytime I edit.

I think it's an issue with FF 3.6 but I'm not sure.

Mop it up:

--- Quote from: MegaByte on February 07, 2010, 04:24:18 AM ---This is redundant though since everything except spoiler is found by clicking the Help button.

--- End quote ---
Ha ha, I never even thought to look there! I see there is a list of smileys there which looks complete, that's what I wanted to know. Thanks!

Stratos:
There's a help button?

BeautifulShy:

--- Quote from: Stratos on February 08, 2010, 05:21:36 PM ---There's a help button?

--- End quote ---
Yes there is. It is up by the home button at the top of the forum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version