Author Topic: Websites with Good (and active) Wii console-specific Forums?  (Read 4240 times)

Offline dhowerter

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
Websites with Good (and active) Wii console-specific Forums?
« on: April 14, 2009, 02:54:46 PM »
Hi all :)

I was just wondering if anyone here knew of any websites with good (and *active*) Wii console-specific forums?
     (besides the Nintendo Console Forum here, which is technically not Wii speciifc, but hey.. ^_^)

(forums specifically for Wii discussion, preferrably on a Nintendo-related website, though that part is not absolutely necessary, with some reasonable, intelligent posters :-)

So anyone know of any? If so, please list the name of the website.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 02:57:02 PM by dhowerter »

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Websites with Good (and active) Wii console-specific Forums?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 03:01:59 PM »
http://wiiaredeep.com

That is a pretty good site.The site itself went up this year.There isn't that many members on the forums yet buy hopefully that will change soon. The posters are pretty nice over there.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 06:57:43 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 03:18:34 PM »
Nintendolife (formerly WiiWare World, VC Reviews, etc) kinda works though it's cluttered with stupid polls but then again I think that applies to almost every gaming website.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 05:49:18 PM »
What's wrong with this one? Why don't you stick around and see what it is like?

...Wait, I've seen you before. All I've ever seen you do is join up on forums and ask if there are any good forums out there.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 07:36:35 PM »
He's a bot!
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 08:26:17 PM »
NWR has everything you need.  There's no need to look at other forums lustfully.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 10:27:27 AM »
NWR has everything you need.  There's no need to look at other forums lustfully.

everything but a robust community. I'm not really knocking it though, a smaller group of regulars is much easier to manage than an abundance of "me too" posters/trollers/lollers
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Rhoq

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 10:29:58 AM »

everything but a robust community. I'm not really knocking it though, a smaller group of regulars is much easier to manage than an abundance of "me too" posters/trollers/lollers

To be fair though - aren't most forums that way. No matter how many members a site/forum might have, only a small percentage of them are actually active and have something to contribute to the community.
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline dhowerter

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 09:26:39 PM »

Firstly I'm not a bot (just looking at the various options available for Wii forums.^_^

Secondly, I think someone missed the part above in my original post which said "BESIDES the Nintendo Console Forum here.." ;)

Thirdly, the Nintendo Console Forum here is NOT Wii specific. Sometimes I just feel like reading about Wii only topics (not Wii, N64, NES, SNES ;) which is what you get in the "Nintendo Console" Forum here)

That is all :) (and if you have any more recommendations for good Wii-specific forums, please give them)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 11:12:08 PM »
NWR aint the place.

I hear they ban you for having signature graphics and supporting Nintendo.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 10:45:44 AM »
:( Infernal is in there bashing us. In his heart he still loves us.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 12:35:33 PM »

To be fair though - aren't most forums that way. No matter how many members a site/forum might have, only a small percentage of them are actually active and have something to contribute to the community.

I suppose you're right, and i'll be honest i haven't strayed to too many other forums but the few times i've tried to find somehwere else.. its such a horrid experience that i come running back to NWR and start reading topics i have no interest in just for the sake of washing the stench of other forums away.

Sure we have some members here that might post once or twice and thats it, and sure we have some that seem to create an account just to come in and troll ONE time, but its never overbearing the way it seems in other forums i've seen. And its not just those types of posters that ruin a forum for me either, because the opposite holds true too..

Ever seen users interact in a forum a litle too much? Back and forth comments that have nothing to do with the topic at hand, and their conversations sound like gibberish cuz you're an outsider.. when i see that sorta thing running rampant, while posters who are actually staying on topic get ignored/trolled, its just frustrating.

Now i'm not saying we don't have that sorta thing here either (moist buttered camels/Dalton anyone?) but at least we, you know, talk about games too.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 04:29:55 PM »
but at least we, you know, talk about games too.

Unless your name is Proningurlsdaisyluver
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 04:34:46 PM »
He doesn't count anymore

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2009, 06:10:14 PM »
Ever seen users interact in a forum a litle too much? Back and forth comments that have nothing to do with the topic at hand, and their conversations sound like gibberish cuz you're an outsider.. when i see that sorta thing running rampant, while posters who are actually staying on topic get ignored/trolled, its just frustrating.
You must really hate me... :'(