Author Topic: Official DSi Discussion (was: New DS model Details :rumor)  (Read 49521 times)

Offline Rhoq

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Official DSi Discussion (was: New DS model Details :rumor)
« Reply #175 on: March 31, 2009, 08:52:34 AM »
Rhoq:  You made the right choice.  Between the DSi and DS lite there is no comparison.  Even if you have several Game Boy Advance games, I say the DSi is just a better place to be. 

I got rid of the few GBA games I had a while ago. I had bought them for the GameCube (GB Player), but I got rid of it when I got my Wii on launch day. I wasn't playing them enough on the DS to warrant holding onto them.
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 31, 2009, 09:22:37 PM »
Since my DS Lite has a chunk broken out of the lower right side that makes it hurt to play sometimes I may get a DSi at some point this year. I have a GBA SP that is nice for playing all of my old games. Plus I am in mad love with the black DS. My friend has a black DS Lite and I think it looks great.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 01, 2009, 12:19:03 PM »
I may have an excuse to get a DSi now.  This morning I was unusually sleepy, and when I attempted to gently toss my DS Lite onto my bed, it slipped from my hand, bounced off the floor, opened up and splatted onto my dresser face first like a cartoon coyote, somehow ejecting the game card hard enough for it to touch the ceiling.  I didn't see any obvious damage, but I didn't have time to be thorough. 

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #178 on: April 01, 2009, 12:22:51 PM »
I saw Japanese tourists taking pictures of themselves in Central Park with a DSi. Sunday can't come fast enough for me :]
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline rbtr

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 01, 2009, 01:12:27 PM »
I may have an excuse to get a DSi now.  This morning I was unusually sleepy, and when I attempted to gently toss my DS Lite onto my bed, it slipped from my hand, bounced off the floor, opened up and splatted onto my dresser face first like a cartoon coyote, somehow ejecting the game card hard enough for it to touch the ceiling.  I didn't see any obvious damage, but I didn't have time to be thorough.

That sounds epic.  Low ceilings?

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 01, 2009, 01:27:18 PM »

It's a Nintendo console. Chances are, the damage is purely cosmetic (if there's any damage at all). ;)

I am being only slightly silly here, I wouldn't be surprised if I was right...
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 01, 2009, 02:07:46 PM »
That sounds epic.  Low ceilings?

Probably 8 or 9 feet, and the card was ejected about 6 inches off the ground.

It's a Nintendo console. Chances are, the damage is purely cosmetic (if there's any damage at all). ;)

I am being only slightly silly here, I wouldn't be surprised if I was right...

The same thing occurred to me, but I do want a DSi.  :)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 01, 2009, 02:29:45 PM »
The same thing occurred to me, but I do want a DSi.  :)

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again ... keep throwing the system in the general direction of your bed until you eventually have no choice but to upgrade.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline rbtr

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 02, 2009, 02:17:20 AM »
My best buy got it's shipment of DSi's!  :D

Initial impressions of the box?  It seems smaller, and has a nice surface texture, and it is overall, much heavier.  The blue is everything you could have hoped for in a blue.  It also sports a sticker advertising the free DS points!

I wonder what Nintendo is going to launch the DSi ware service with?  Pyoro I hope...

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 02, 2009, 03:09:59 AM »
My best buy got it's shipment of DSi's!  :D

Initial impressions of the box?  It seems smaller, and has a nice surface texture, and it is overall, much heavier.  The blue is everything you could have hoped for in a blue.  It also sports a sticker advertising the free DS points!

I wonder what Nintendo is going to launch the DSi ware service with?  Pyoro I hope...

I take it you guys are going to sell it on Sunday? About how many did you get in?
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #185 on: April 02, 2009, 10:04:58 AM »
Best Buy won't break Street Date.  I am curious how many you have though, and how big your city is. 

Offline rbtr

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 02, 2009, 02:03:35 PM »
We are NOT breaking street date!

My city is very large, it is the heart of the mid-south.  We received 36 of each color so 72 in total, the other store in town is only getting 12-15 of each, and the rest of the district is getting about the same 12-20 of each. I think the ad minimum is 12, but It could be lower, I haven't seen the ad yet.  A co-worker looked up the next projected delivery date and it was sometime in June, so it might be slim pickings for awhile.

I'm extremely excited for whatever reason.  I'm not expecting to sell out on day 1 (although you better believe that I'll be there early that day!) but there's been a recent influx of commercials, so I imagine we'll be out by the end of the week.  I am also guessing that the black will sell out quicker that the blue.  How fast did the DS lite sell on day one?  It'll probably be about the same I imagine...

We also got a big box full of rhythm heaven!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 02, 2009, 03:44:18 PM »
I really expect it to sell out on Day 1. It looks like there are shortage problems, not to mention the prices are already starting to rise on eBay.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline rbtr

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 02, 2009, 04:38:17 PM »
I'm still not convinced, but I wouldn't bet either way.  I've only had 2 or so customers outright ask about it, and the internet buzz seems pretty lukewarm to me, with what seems to be a lot of people holding on to their DS lites.  And many people feel that they don't need all the extra features, so its not like the people who walk in unknowing are going to side with the DSi.

Like I said though, I'm still showing up to my bestbuy early, because I am really pumped up for this thing!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 02, 2009, 04:40:53 PM »
GP, eBay always hikes prices of new systems. Scalpers are always trying to force an extra buck out of consumers.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline rbtr

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 02, 2009, 04:47:41 PM »
They might be playing in on the "Wii Shortage" fear.  If my best buy is any indication that shortage is done...

Does anybody know the initial numbers from the DS lite?  Probably the best way to guess at this.

Edit: The DSiware launch games have been announced, Warioware: Snapped, Bird and Beans (PYORO!), and Art style Aquia.  No pricing, but IGN (Where I got the news) suspects the same as Japan, which would put Warioware and Aquia at 500, and pyoro at 200.  The opera browser is also planned for release, and should be free.

This isn't happening on Sunday though, I'd guess Monday.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 05:52:26 PM by rbtr »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 02, 2009, 06:28:41 PM »
Does anybody know the initial numbers from the DS lite?  Probably the best way to guess at this.
All I can find is this from Wikipedia:

"On June 13, 2006, Nintendo announced that 136,500 units were sold in two days since the DS Lite went on sale in North America, and seemed to be on pace to the 500,000 sold by the original Nintendo DS in its first ten days.[61] Shortly after its launch, the DS Lite was sold out at major US retailers; however, it did not have the same ongoing shortages in the US as it did in Japan through 2006 and 2007."

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #192 on: April 02, 2009, 06:48:17 PM »
The Nintendo World Store in NY is having a midnight release for the DSi and Rhythm Heaven. I'll be there for sure to get the system- I'm pretty interested in Rhythm Heaven too so I might get it. If I snag anything groovy I'll be sure to share. I sort of can't believe that there is another Nintendo handheld coming out, the DS is such a great system that it's crazy to think it can lean in a new direction and offer something better. I'm a portable gamer at heart and I'm pretty excited and happy about this :)
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics