Author Topic: Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread  (Read 716592 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread
« Reply #2575 on: January 20, 2009, 02:44:46 AM »
Interesting, most people would say Micro Machines.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: January 20, 2009, 02:36:19 PM »
That could be fairly high praise depending on which Micro Machines game you're comparing it to.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: January 20, 2009, 06:49:03 PM »
There was a sweet hotwheels game for n64
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: January 20, 2009, 08:37:25 PM »
Wiiware-world gave the high voltage racer a 7.0

High Voltage Hot Rod Show is lots of fun to play. With its emphasis on stunts rather than items or vehicle tweaking the game carves out a niche seen more often in snowboarding games than in vehicle racing. Although the game is catchy and unique, players should not expect it to live up to the standards set by the big names in videogame racing. It’s short course list, lack of online play, and easy computer opponents mean that the game will have a short life span unless you bring some friends over to play it with you. Even so, with it’s amusing and easy to pick up and play mechanics, its multiple controller options, and easy on the eyes graphics this is a solid WiiWare release which is worth investigating.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: January 21, 2009, 03:40:35 AM »
Supposedly they cut two tracks due to size restrictions, I think they should now finish them and sell them as DLC for 100-200 points each.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2580 on: January 21, 2009, 09:06:24 AM »
Ouch, High Voltage's buddies at IGN gave the game a 6/10:

The sense of speed is only half-there, as is the general control. We dig the concept of a cheap, simple arcade racer on WiiWare for a budget price, but this is a little too simple, and a little too quick out the door. Gameplay needs to be priority #1 on WiiWare, and Hot Rod Show just isn’t there yet.

Thus far, their repertoire isn't giving me any confidence that their upcoming FPS will be any better than "meh"....
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline Rhoq

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: January 21, 2009, 11:17:43 AM »
High Voltage Hot Rod Show isn't bad. Visually, it's as pretty as LostWinds, but in a different way (obviously). The downfall is it's lack of speed. I still had fun playing it last night, though I do feel it's over priced at 1000 Wii Points. 800 points would be more appropriate.

I figured if WiiWare sales help to fund more ambitous High Voltage projects (like The Conduit) I'll show them some support. (Chances are likely I won't be buying 'The Conduit' because I get nauseous playing FPS games.)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 11:19:21 AM by Rhoq »
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: January 21, 2009, 11:47:34 AM »
(Chances are likely I won't be buying 'The Conduit' because I get nauseous playing FPS games.)

I hear ya, I've had the same issue at times.  Its even worse on the Wii for FPS's when the sensor bar doesn't accurately register the movements an the screen spins endlessly....   8)

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: January 21, 2009, 02:37:24 PM »
I hear ya, I've had the same issue at times.  Its even worse on the Wii for FPS's when the sensor bar doesn't accurately register the movements an the screen spins endlessly....   8)

Flashbacks of Red Steel
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: January 21, 2009, 04:40:52 PM »
Meh. My first FPS was Descent.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: January 21, 2009, 05:13:03 PM »
Descent was ahead of its time... with a better controller, it—

WHAO GUYS, DESCENT W/ THE REMOTE + NUNCHUCK COMBO! Nunchuck Twist for roll, look around w/ pointer, forward/backward/strafe w/ analog... wow.

(shouts into other room) Someone get on this, will ya?!
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Urkel

• Reggie Fart-Aime
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: January 21, 2009, 05:21:32 PM »
I hear ya, I've had the same issue at times.  Its even worse on the Wii for FPS's when the sensor bar doesn't accurately register the movements an the screen spins endlessly....   8)

Flashbacks of Red Steel

High Voltage said that one of the things they're doing with MotionPlus is that if you point outside of the sensor bar's range, it'll still know where you're pointing and wont spin around like crazy. That's one less thing to worry about.
"ROFS? Rolling on the floor... starving?"- Phoenix Wright

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: January 21, 2009, 06:38:11 PM »

Flashbacks of Red Steel

High Voltage said that one of the things they're doing with MotionPlus is that if you point outside of the sensor bar's range, it'll still know where you're pointing and wont spin around like crazy. That's one less thing to worry about.

They've somehow turned the sensor bar into a God?  Oh jeeez, this only adds fuel to the fire of The Conduit = Wii Messiah   8)

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: January 22, 2009, 12:30:14 AM »

Flashbacks of Red Steel

Proof?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 12:33:04 AM by Flames_of_chaos »

Offline Urkel

• Reggie Fart-Aime
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: January 22, 2009, 05:23:51 AM »
I believe they mentioned it in a video interview a few months back, but I really don't remember where. Gah.

Edit: Nevermind. I think I'm misremembered a different feature where the cursor will auto-center if it loses track of the pointer.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 02:27:27 PM by Urkel »
"ROFS? Rolling on the floor... starving?"- Phoenix Wright

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2590 on: January 26, 2009, 02:17:52 PM »
Todays games
2 games today.1 for Wiiware 1 for the VC.Wiiware has Niki Rock N Ball.It costs 500 points.VC has Wonder Boy in Monster Land for the SMS. It costs 500 points.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: January 26, 2009, 02:34:00 PM »
WWW gave Niki an 8/10, I think it sucks.

Offline SirSniffy

• View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: January 27, 2009, 07:09:57 PM »
I thought I would never get to play Wonder Boy in Monster Land again...I yayed yesterday.
On the surface simplicity...but the darkest pit in me...is Pagan Poetry...Pagan Poetry...

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: February 01, 2009, 06:18:16 PM »

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2594 on: February 01, 2009, 10:30:35 PM »
Cool I've been looking for it.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2595 on: February 02, 2009, 10:54:32 AM »
      WII-KLY UPDATE: TWO WIIWARE GAMES AND ONE VIRTUAL CONSOLE GAME ADDED TO WII SHOP CHANNEL

Feb. 2, 2009

If you've got a taste for the eclectic, check out this lively lineup of additions to the Wii™ Shop Channel. One new WiiWare™ title combines brisk winter sports with pulverizing power-ups, while another blends intuitive puzzle dynamics with various multiplayer options. Meanwhile, a classic Virtual Console™ game invites you to assume the role of a certain adventurous hedgehog. With diverse releases like these, players of all stripes are sure to find something they'll love.

Nintendo adds new and classic games to the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

WiiWare

Snowboard Riot™ (Hudson Entertainment, 1-4 players, Rated E for Everyone-Mild Fantasy Violence, 1,000 Wii Points): This snowboard racing and battle game can be enjoyed by multiple players and is compatible with the Wii Balance Board™ accessory. In an intense scramble for first place, guide your character down the slopes while snatching up items to attack and defend against rivals along the way. Up to four players can battle and participate in various ranking modes via Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection.

LONPOS (Nintendo, 1-4 players, Rated E for Everyone, 800 Wii Points): Looking for a puzzle game that anyone can play, but still offers plenty to master? Look no further than LONPOS, with its straightforward premise and large variety of puzzles to solve. Each puzzle revolves around a rectangular playing field of 55 spaces. Using a set of 12 pieces, the goal is to place every piece into the playing field, filling it completely. The higher the level, the more pieces you'll need to fit correctly into the playing field. Challenge yourself with two single-player modes or bring a friend to compete against or cooperate with. When you think your skills are worthy, use Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection to check out how you compare with other LONPOS players or download additional puzzles and backgrounds. (Router and broadband access required for online play. For more info, go to www.nintendo.com.)

Virtual Console

Sonic Chaos™ (SEGA MASTER SYSTEM, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone, 500 Wii Points): Play as Sonic or Tails in Sonic Chaos, which was originally made for the SEGA MASTER SYSTEM. Dr. Eggman (a.k.a. Dr. Robotnik) has stolen the Red Chaos Emerald to create nuclear weapons. This has thrown the remaining Chaos Emeralds off balance, causing them to transport to a parallel universe. As a result, Sonic's home, South Island, is sinking into the ocean. Speed through various levels in your crusade for the six Chaos Emeralds. Perform Strike Dashes and Super-Peel Outs as Sonic, or Spin Dash and Fly as Tails, and restore order in Sonic Chaos.

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: February 02, 2009, 11:09:29 AM »
The snowboarding game isn't looking so hot....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVcgt1H3RL4

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: February 02, 2009, 01:08:00 PM »
I don't see any "not looking so hot" in that trailer, care to elaborate?

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: February 02, 2009, 03:43:13 PM »
I don't see any "not looking so hot" in that trailer, care to elaborate?

Generic character models, cheesy 80's guitar track, magical gems on the slopes, and a graphics engine from the N64, just to name  a few......    ;)

Offline Cambot

• View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: February 02, 2009, 08:33:00 PM »
But 80s guitar rock rules. Besides, this is clearly early 90s.