Author Topic: Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread  (Read 713333 times)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Re: Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread
« Reply #2500 on: December 27, 2008, 01:32:21 AM »
If Nintendo releases the original Smash Bros in January I will be happy.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: December 27, 2008, 01:42:12 AM »
Wait a sec, why is Smash Brothers 1,200 points? I thought N64 games were all 1,000...

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2502 on: December 27, 2008, 02:13:06 AM »
Wait a sec, why is Smash Brothers 1,200 points? I thought N64 games were all 1,000...
The prices are probably different in Japan.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: December 27, 2008, 09:06:59 PM »
In Japan Sega Genesis games (megadrive) are 600 wii points, N64 games are 1000 points with an exception of LOZ:OoT and Super Smash Bros Nintendo probably figured that it would sell like crazy anyways.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: December 28, 2008, 12:48:05 AM »
If Nintendo releases the original Smash Bros in January I will be happy.

WHY ?

Both Melee and Brawl have evolved in a way that makes that game worthless. I do like some of the levels in the n64, but this is a game that is difficult to go back to. It's like playing Madden 1999 sure its similar, but why play such an outdated game.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2505 on: December 28, 2008, 01:06:10 AM »
Nostalgia and to have a console that can play ever Super Smash Bros game. So now Wii can practically play ever Mario, Zelda, Super Smash Bros and Metroid  home console releases.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2506 on: December 28, 2008, 01:15:27 AM »
I concur Flames.Part of the reason I got the Wii was to have a great amount of past games.Also to try out non Nintendo systems.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: December 28, 2008, 01:21:26 AM »
I agree with M.A.V. :P SSB is practically useless to me.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: December 28, 2008, 02:10:50 AM »
I still kind of like the original Smash Brothers. It has a certain simplicity to it which makes it appealing, but it isn't overly simple to the point of redundant action like SSBBrawl. The stages are some of the best in the series; it's a shame they didn't continue with such designs and went with more contrived arenas. Plus it is also the most balanced of the three games, likely due to the smallish character roster.

Melee still beats it by far, but the simplicity and slower speed of the original Smash is still enjoyable to return to every now and again.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: December 28, 2008, 03:45:09 AM »
I don't think any of the SB games make any of the others obsolete. I mean, that's like saying that one Super Mario Bros. game makes the previous ones forgettable, or that we can skip straight to Zelda: TP and be well off never playing OoT, LttP, or even the very first Zelda!

I personally think each Smash game, while very similar in fundamentals, has its own unique flavor. Brawl is one thing, Melee is another. And the original is a different beast as well. I don't see anything wrong with enjoying all three if you care to, and especially if you enjoy the delicate differences!

However... playing SSB on the '64 without an N64 controller... it makes me /cry
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2510 on: December 29, 2008, 08:37:54 AM »
Todays games

Today we have 2 Wiiware games and one VC title.For Wiiware Maboshi's Arcade for 800 points and Cue Sports:Pool Revolution for 500 points.The VC game is Zoda's Revenge:Star Tropics 2 for 500 points.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: December 29, 2008, 10:45:30 AM »
Nice, will be picking up Maboshi and maybe Star Tropics 2.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 10:50:52 AM by Flames_of_chaos »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2512 on: December 29, 2008, 10:51:58 AM »
This update reminds me I have the original Star Tropics to play through.I have so many VC/WW games to finish.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: December 29, 2008, 01:00:10 PM »
I've been waiting for Maboshi for a while, I think I still have enough points for it. I have some fridge cleaning to do.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: December 29, 2008, 01:08:11 PM »
This update reminds me I have the original Star Tropics to play through.I have so many VC/WW games to finish.

Don't bother. Star Tropics is one of those games the internet is hyped about but in reality it sucks. It's a zelda clone with an island twist, the problem is they really are evil in the game.

Some levels it would go all dark and have many paths to water that would cause your death. Some secret passages will lead totally out of the dungeon and force you to begin again.
One secret path lead me to treasure and than I opened a door and walked into a pool where I died instantly.

WTF.  :o  >:(  ???  >:( !!!!!!!!!!!

Angry Video game nerd should review star Tropics, its a damn infuriating game. It's like they actually try to piss you off. Don't get me wrong I understand difficult games of the NES time, but this is game really is out to get you.

Waste of 500 wiipoints. No way I'll buy the sequel, if the original was this horrible I rather be kicked in the balls than play Star Tropics game.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: December 29, 2008, 01:49:25 PM »
I demand detailed Maboshi impressions.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: December 29, 2008, 03:03:33 PM »

Don't bother. Star Tropics is one of those games the internet is hyped about but in reality it sucks. It's a zelda clone with an island twist, the problem is they really are evil in the game.

Some levels it would go all dark and have many paths to water that would cause your death. Some secret passages will lead totally out of the dungeon and force you to begin again.
One secret path lead me to treasure and than I opened a door and walked into a pool where I died instantly.

Angry Video game nerd should review star Tropics, its a damn infuriating game. It's like they actually try to piss you off. Don't get me wrong I understand difficult games of the NES time, but this is game really is out to get you.

Waste of 500 wiipoints. No way I'll buy the sequel, if the original was this horrible I rather be kicked in the balls than play Star Tropics game.

Star Tropics 1 is a good but challenging game. It's a adventure game mixed with a puzzle game mixed with some trial and error.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 03:05:24 PM by Flames_of_chaos »

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: December 29, 2008, 05:39:13 PM »

Star Tropics 1 is a good but challenging game. It's a adventure game mixed with a puzzle game mixed with some trial and error.

Trial and Error shouldn't be something that gets on your nerves. I'm sorry but going into a room and light goes out and I can die if I step wrong way, or if animal hits me into pit, thats BS game design meant to torture the player. The level was hard enough, they just added to the difficulty for no damn reason. Just imagine if Water Temple in 00T had a 15 minute time limit, from you enter the door to kill the boss. Don't like that idea do you? Star tropics is full of BS gameplay, t&e is one thing. Being cruel is another, and this game is CRUEL. Imagine Contra without Konami code, imagine zelda without saving. This game is GARBAGE.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2518 on: December 29, 2008, 07:54:27 PM »
Vega if you want a example of cheap and unfair go play deadly towers or Magician Lord.Contra is challenging but fair.You just gotta play well.Your example of Zelda:OoT isn't really valid.The designers aren't gonna put a set in stone time limit.Yes I know about Majoras Mask but you could have more time depending on how well you play before the dungeon.Zelda on the Nes is an example that is valid.If you play it for the first time the world is pretty big and theres lots to do.So it would take a while to complete.Not to mention the second quest.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: December 29, 2008, 08:40:15 PM »
Well I bought all 3, Maboshi is weird and interesting you have to get used to the gameplay, The pool game is a solid pool game with a lot of different game modes plus WiFi (Hudson always does online tournaments for it's games) and it's 5 bucks, it reminds me a lot of Wii Play Billiards which is a good thing, didn't play star tropics II yet.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 11:47:29 PM by Flames_of_chaos »

Offline Rhoq

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2520 on: December 29, 2008, 09:53:32 PM »
The pool is game is a solid pool game

Thanks dude, that's exactly what I needed to read. I was on the fence about buying. Hudson just got my $5.
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: January 02, 2009, 02:59:53 AM »
I demand detailed Maboshi impressions.

Check out KDR's thread.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: January 05, 2009, 08:39:47 AM »
Disregarding Mr. Adolph Vega's suckage at Startropics and various other blasphemies, Startropics 2 has one of the best soundtracks for an NES game.  It's really surprising what they were able to pump out of that little sound chip.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2523 on: January 05, 2009, 09:30:29 AM »
Todays games
To start of the New Year we have 2 games.On Wiiware we have Sandy Beach for 500 points.On the VC we have Kirby's Dream Land 3 for 800 points.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: January 05, 2009, 10:07:06 AM »
meh
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....