Author Topic: Community Event: NWR Forum February 2022  (Read 10911 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Community Event: NWR Forum February 2022
« on: February 08, 2022, 11:27:10 AM »
There's been some chatter again recently about the trickle of new posts on the forums. While many posters still like the community and members here, they've found it hard to stay engaged because why try to start a conversation if it will take days for someone to respond? It's a fair point. I know I've been feeling the same malaise. Yet, I know there's still some desire for discussion on these forums because you will see more posting when we've had a Community Event like Backlaugust or some big news like the Microsoft purchase of Activision. It got me thinking that maybe another Community Event could help spark things for a few weeks here.

The idea is simple. For the month of February, the goal for participants is to make 3 posts on the forum per day. (Mafia Game and Safe Words Game related posts don't count. :'( ) Posts can be as big or small as you want. Even if the post is just a response that "I enjoyed playing (insert game title)" to someone else's comment. That counts. That's a valid post. It doesn't have to be a Khushrenada Special (aka ten paragraph wall of text). Because even a simple post like that may be the spark for someone else to decide to post something and carry on a discussion or trigger some point they'd like to share.

Because this idea is only happening a week into February, it will probably be even easier to accomplish since there's only three weeks left now. For a user that means 63 posts for the month at this point. Let's say 10 people participate. That would be 630 posts made on the forums. Chances are that new posting will trigger some other comments from users not involved in the event. Who knows how much activity we could spark for a few weeks? Heck, to ease into this, there is even going to be Nintendo Direct tomorrow. That should help give people something to post about for awhile.

Was there a topic you've had on your mind for awhile but just never got around to creating? Here's your chance. Was there a topic you've always meant to respond to but never got around to it? Here's the chance to do so. Got a lame joke for the Funhouse you thought was too stupid? Post it now.  ;D

Maybe there's a game you finally got around to playing and then checked the review for it on NWR and would like to respond but it's been months or years since it was put up. Go ahead and make a post for it. I know there's been an "unwritten rule" about bumping Talkback threads. For the next three weeks, the restriction will be lifted for a couple reasons. First, I'm curious if it will really be an issue or not.  ;D Second, I've seen staff comment on the Discord one time about being happy a Talkback thread was getting some comments. Let's face it. If you were writing reviews, I'm sure you'd like to eventually see some feedback or comments on your work. So, there's a chance commenting on a review or some other feature could make that author glad to see someone cared about their effort. And I think that is worth allowing some bumping in Talkback.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 12:35:05 PM by The President »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: NWR Forum February 2022
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 11:27:32 AM »
To make this a bit less daunting to read, I’ll divvy it up with this second post.

I thought by doing this as a Community Event with other users taking the plunge to commit to make 3 posts a day that we can cheer each other on and support the other users doing this. (Which would mean making a post. Yes!) With the Winter Olympics, I’ll even take from that and add it into this event. If there are three weeks and a user would have to make 21 posts per week then that means a participant in this event can be a Bronze Medal Forum User at 21 posts for the month, a Silver Medal Forum User at 42 posts for the month and a Gold Medal Forum User at 63 posts for the month. Just post in here as you reach a level.

What if a user posts more than 3 posts in a day? Great! You’re getting ahead of the game and those can all count to your grand total. What if a user doesn’t post anything for a couple days? No problem. There’s no disqualifications and maybe they can make up those days later on and still reach the 63 post goal. Can a user post more than 3 a day or a total of 63 posts? Of course. Don’t hold back from posting if you’ve got more you want to discuss. This isn’t a limit but just a simple minimum. Heck, if you think you can suddenly post 400 messages over the next three weeks then go for first place in this event. Just don’t be spamming. What if I just post 10 messages this month? You’re still a winner. Because no matter how much is posted, all users win by seeing an uptick in posting for the month of February.

Will this event just be a small blip or possible last gasp of a forum that’s drying up? Perhaps. But I’d say it is still better than no blip at all. And who knows? Maybe it will turn out to be easy enough that people find three posts a day isn’t that hard to do and can easily make it part of their internet loop for some time after the event.

Who’s in?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 11:27:48 AM »
Who's in:

Khushrenada
BeautifulShy
Bungle5
Pokepal148
King of Twitch
Luigi Dude
Mop it up
Adrock

Bronze Medal Forum Users:

Adrock
BeautifulShy
pokepal148

Silver Medal Forum Users:

Bungle5
Mop it up

Gold Medal Forum Users:

Khushrenada
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 12:33:03 AM by The President »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2022, 11:33:01 AM »
Also, if you want an easy way to keep track of how you are doing, just look at your forum profile and then the stats tab to see your current post count total. You could post it here or send yourself a pm with the number. That way, if you are wondering how many posts you've made in February you can just check your stat page again and compare the new total to your old total.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2022, 11:45:14 AM »
I'm in.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2022, 11:45:24 AM »
In!!!
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2022, 11:45:47 AM »
Wahoo lets rock!!

Oh did I win?

But seriously I had to get that triple post out of the way. 

Can it be about anything?    If so I may need to bump a few of my old topics that did get some activity back in the day.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 11:47:49 AM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2022, 12:08:36 PM »
I mean, this will make post #5 for me already so ain't nothing been "won" or decided yet. Absolutely anything. As I tried to make clear in the first two posts, anything posted whether a new topic, a small reply or a joke can count. The only thing that shouldn't be counted are Mafia or Safe Word game related posts as those are a timed and specific event and their purpose isn't really about fostering discussion outside of that game being played.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 12:34:20 PM by The President »

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Re: Community Event: NWR Forum February 2022
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2022, 03:11:08 PM »
I am always looking for an excuse to post more. Count me in.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2022, 04:03:45 PM »
In.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2022, 09:19:19 PM »
me me me
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2022, 02:48:34 AM »
Good stuff. And look at that. Just for signing up, you already got a post in! So easy.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2022, 02:11:54 PM »
I enjoyed playing NWR Forum February 2022.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2022, 03:47:00 PM »
I'll try my best.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2022, 05:44:11 PM »
I mean, this will make post #5 for me already so ain't nothing been "won" or decided yet. Absolutely anything. As I tried to make clear in the first two posts, anything posted whether a new topic, a small reply or a joke can count. The only thing that shouldn't be counted are Mafia or Safe Word game related posts as those are a timed and specific event and their purpose isn't really about fostering discussion outside of that game being played.

My "oh did I win?"  was a Princess Peach quote but I just wanted to have some fun with your post.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2022, 07:11:15 PM »
Lol I had a look at my old topics and most of them were me hosting Mafia games or creating a game thread.  Only few I made were about me and what I was up to.  Two different topics about doom and gloom and another about the good happening in the world.   The other was somewhat self serving with the LGBTQIA topic that nobody but me talked in for the most part.

Maybe I can make a more general chill topic about what everyone is doing these days and just a nice place to converse without much direction with the topic.  Just check in each day and  give each other life advice.  Would anyone be okay with a topic like that? 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2022, 09:31:09 PM »
Just do it. I create topics all the time on stuff. Sometimes they garner interest for a brief period and die, sometimes they go nowhere at all and a very select few end up sticking around for quite some time. I don't know how a thread will end up but I create them anyways to see what happens. That's how you get into the Top Ten of most threads created on this forum.  8)

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2022, 09:47:12 PM »
Just do it. I create topics all the time on stuff. Sometimes they garner interest for a brief period and die, sometimes they go nowhere at all and a very select few end up sticking around for quite some time. I don't know how a thread will end up but I create them anyways to see what happens. That's how you get into the Top Ten of most threads created on this forum.  8)

Nike wants its tag line back. lol.

Seriously though I will make the thread tomorrow when I have some free time.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2022, 12:54:11 AM »
Wow. I've already hit the 21 post mark and this is just the second day. I guess I'm posting too much.  :-[  It's just that easy to dominate the forums.

I added in the Bronze, Silver and Gold spots to the post with the sign-up list and I guess that makes me the first to achieve the Bronze level for posting this month. Guess I'll take a break and do some other stuff now.  8)  ;)

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2022, 03:43:10 PM »
I intended to easily get my three posts in yesterday but ran into the same loading errors that others experienced.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2022, 04:13:57 PM »
Well, I already didn’t do this. Is it too late to sign up? Should I descend back into the shadows again? I chose a new avatar and everything.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2022, 04:33:29 PM »
Yes, that was my way of getting in.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2022, 05:16:03 PM »
Well, I already didn’t do this. Is it too late to sign up? Should I descend back into the shadows again? I chose a new avatar and everything.

If you want in then you are in. The whole thing was a sudden spur of the moment post with no notice so not a problem if you only saw it now. Still plenty of time to reach a Silver Medal Forum user if you do three a day now. Probably still time to reach Gold if a person went 4 posts a day. Moreover that's just an average. You can post more or less on days depending on how you want to reach the 63 post goal.

And, as I've said, even if someone isn't signed up but they are able to post a bit more than normal then they're doing their part to contribute to Forum February since that may help provide inspiration for those trying to reach that Gold Medal Post Count number.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2022, 06:03:46 PM »
and thread is up in General chat.
https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=68100.0

This would be a very easy way to boost your posts daily by just talking about what one is up to.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2022, 01:50:28 PM »
Whoo-eee! It sure is great checking in here the past few days and just constantly seeing new posts all over the forums. Good job, y'all! Already over 100 new posts this week and it hasn't even been a full week since this event started. Hope you're also enjoying the experience so far as well.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2022, 09:03:08 PM »
Alright. This marks the first week so people should hopefully be hitting the 21 post mark now. How are our Forum Olympians doing?

BeautifulShy - 20 posts. Right on track. 1 more and she's hit that Bronze Medal status.

Bungle5 - 21 posts. Right on schedule. He's making it look easy. We have ourselves a Bronze Medal poster. Onwards to Silver!

Pokepal148 - 14 posts. Uh-oh. Falling a bit behind on the needed pace. Still, if he can get back at it then a Silver Medal Achievement for the month is still possible.

King of Twitch - 3 posts. Hoo-boy! While I applaud the willing spirit displayed for wanting to help increase the activity on the forums, I'm now getting worried if Wild Wing here is even going to be able to reach the Bronze Medal Achievement at this pace.

Mop it up - 16 posts. She's been dominating Talkback comments but she may need to broaden out to other areas of the forums to help her get back on track and keep up that 3 a day pace. Still, she's got a shot to make it to Gold if she can add in an extra post here and there to make up some ground.

Luigi Dude - 13 posts. However, 11 of those were made on Feb. 9, the day of the Direct. What a hot start but I fear that may have lead to a Tortoise and Hare syndrome in which he felt he could kick back for awhile having created such a strong lead for the week. Don't try and get to Gold in just a few days. Pace yourself and you could still get to Silver no problem.

Adrock - A bit late to the party when signing up but going by the dates of post from when this started, Adrock has 11 posts in this period. Silver is also still doable but set your sights on getting to that Bronze first.

Khushrenada - 41 posts. (And I'm not counting my Mafia posts.) To paraphrase Troy McClure: "She's smoking He's posting for two!" One more post and I'm at Silver Medal status but I can wait for tomorrow to hit that mark. To further the Simpson's references, I feel I little bit like Apu when it comes to this Event: "Now here's the tricky part! Oh, won't you rhyme post with me?"

But like I said, this isn't a competition between us for who can post the most. This is like we've all signed up for a marathon and now just trying to do out best to finish that race. I've just been increasing my posting to hopefully make it easier for some of you by giving you something to respond to or inspire an idea for something you may want post about on here.

All together we've generated 139 new posts in a week and we weren't the only ones posting on here. Others have been making messages as well. If anyone else still wants to join in this and see if they can go 3 posts a day then don't be shy. Give it a go and see if you can achieve that goal for the last two weeks of February.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2022, 01:27:50 PM »
But are you counting your posts for the Topic of the Day, you little rascal?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2022, 04:43:55 PM »
Absolutely. Why wouldn't I? Those are legit posts designed to try and stir up more discussion. Don't hate me just because I'm King of the Announcements Forum.  ;)

You could do your own Topic of the Day if you need some motivation for making a post every day. Or your own Song of the Day or Cat Picture of the Day or Abandoned Shopping Cart of the Day. I don't care. The sky's the limit. Free your posting mind to the limitless possibilities. Unless those possibilities break Forum Rules.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2022, 07:01:06 PM »
Flag on the play! Khushrenada just broke his own rule of no spamming!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2022, 07:32:30 PM »
LOL! You haven't seen me try to count those posts now, have you?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2022, 12:12:06 AM »
Jebus, how was that only 11 posts? I’m trying, but I don’t have a lot to talk about.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2022, 12:59:08 PM »
I was looking at the forum stats out of curiosity and I noticed that we've now surpassed the highest number of posts in a single month back in 2021! Coincidentally the highest monthly total last year was also in February at 644, or maybe it isn't so coincidental as there was also a February Direct then. Even so, not too shabby! The highest total for 2020 however may be insurmountable, which is 1644, more than double where we're at right now. Maybe next month!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2022, 12:51:59 PM »
Nice info! I've been feeling bad because going away on the long weekend really ruined the posting groove I'd been getting into. Now I've fallen way behind on the Topic of the Day and Song of the Day. I wanted to do another check-in last Monday here to see where everyone was at as we enter the last week of this and then there was a wrap-up post for the Mafia game I need to do. (Insert Edvard Munch's The Scream). I've got some time again tonight so I'll have to see what I can do about catching up a bit.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2022, 12:30:53 AM »
Alright! We are now already into the last week of February. 5 days left in the month. Where are we at?

BeautifulShy - 34 posts at the moment. With 11 in the Mafia forums that I said would be in-eligible. What kind of a borked rule system is this anyways. Silver Medal status is still attainable by the end of this week if 42 posts can be reached.

Bungle5 - 44 posts at the moment with 7 in the Mafia forums that also don't quite count. We've got ourselves another Silver Medalist here!!! Woo! Can Bungle for for the Gold and reach 63 by the end of February? He's still got a chance but he's going to have to go at a 4 post per day pace.

Pokepal148 - 33 posts with 1 in the Mafia forums that doesn't count and 18 "spam" posts that Mop it up is appealing to the Forum Supreme Court of Posting Legitimacy. If it doesn't count for me then I guess it doesn't get to count for you. Although it totally counts in your Total Post Count stat for the forums so it looks like you'll still be walking away a winner in that regard! The perfect posting crime! Bronze Medal status has been achieved! 8 more posts and you can also be a Silver Medalist for the month.

King of Twitch - 4 posts. Whelp! Slight improvement from the last check-in but things are looking bleak for a medal. Perhaps less Twitch streaming and more forum posting would do the trick. ;) It's beginning to look like King of Twitch will be the Jamaican Bobsled team of the Community Event.

Luigi Dude - 20 posts with 5 in the Mafia Forums that don't count. (Sorry! Blame Mop it up. She got really serious about how posts are being counted for this month!  >:( ;) ). Just 1 post away from hitting that Bronze Medal Status. Silver Medal status could still be achieved before the end of the month but it would require a 4 posts per day average plus 2 extra posts to achieve that level.

Mop it up - ???? Currently unknown. All posts are currently under review for legitimacy and whether they can be counted or not. (Insert gif of a villain laughing diabolically. :evil;) The investigation may have to review the entire posting record of this entrant to see whether they should be able to keep any of their previous posts and records or be stripped of their stats completely.

Adrock - 21 posts. Someone else who doesn't post in the Mafia forums making it easy to review their current record. 21 means we have another Bronze Medal Poster for the month! Congrats on hitting that mark. Like Luigi Dude, Silver Medal status is still possible but it would take 4 posts per day over the next five days plus 1 more to hit that level. Will he go for it?

Khushrenada - Too many posts to count.... but I'll do it anyways. 80 posts so far with 26 Mafia Forum posts that don't count and 17 "spam" posts that Mop it up is holding hostage for this event. (For those disappointed that Mafia posts don't count for this event, no one had as much to lose from that as me with the posts I've had from hosting it yet I didn't need them.) Gold Medal status achieved! Woo! At 4 posts per day, I could hit the triple digit mark at 100! Will I go for it...? Maybe but I'm not going to worry too much about it.

Mop it up - 49 posts with 1 Mafia post that doesn't count. She's the closest of everyone else in this event to join me as a Gold Medalist and still on track with the 3 posts per day average needed to reach it. She's 14 posts away and 3 posts for each of the 5 days left would give her 15 total. The finish line is almost in sight. Don't give up yet!!

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2022, 01:26:32 PM »
So many posts!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2022, 01:13:25 AM »
Heh, suck it, Luigi Dude.

20 more posts to Silver, eh? Help me get these by posting in the Playdate thread. It’s getting cold in there by myself.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2022, 02:25:36 PM »
Leave it to Khushrenada to create a contest in which only he can realistically win!

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2022, 07:57:19 PM »
Is anyone surprised?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2022, 11:37:21 PM »
Leave it to Khushrenada to create a contest in which only he can realistically win!

Oh, come on now! I didn't think it was that tough. 3 posts a day is a pretty small average. Plus, there are a couple people in the running to still achieve that. Namely you and Bungle5.

Guess we'll see how it all shakes out tomorrow. Whatever the result is, just remember that you all did better than Insanolord who didn't even sign up for this despite being "Community Manager". I suppose it is a lot easier to manage a community that doesn't post much so he was probably working to sabotage the whole thing.  ;D  :'(

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2022, 11:56:03 PM »
I'm very happy that the community has been more active, but I can't in good conscience directly contribute to something that makes Khush look good. Also I forgot to sign up, but mainly the first thing.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2022, 01:52:58 AM »
Well, if you hurry up and sign up now before Feburary ends in a couple hours Hawaii time then that will give you 21 posts during the time of this event and you can get a bronze medal!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2022, 02:43:32 AM »
We were going by Hawaii–Aleutian Standard Time?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2022, 03:37:32 AM »
Well, if you hurry up and sign up now before Feburary ends in a couple hours Hawaii time then that will give you 21 posts during the time of this event and you can get a bronze medal!

Well then I guess I'm signing up with just over an hour to spare.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2022, 08:27:52 PM »
We were going by Hawaii–Aleutian Standard Time?

Doesn't everyone?

Well, maybe not my boss. I have to keep explaining to him that I'm actually quite early when arrive at work as he angrily tries to insist that Hawaiian time can only apply if you live in Hawaii.

Anyways, it just seemed to me that to be totally fair to people in all timezones that February really should be counted as over until every timezone had passed on to Midnight March 1st.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2022, 08:37:37 PM »
If I had known that, I would have tried to sneak in a few more posts at the end!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2022, 11:01:51 PM »
Closing Ceremonies

February is over. We don't have to post on these forums again for another year. Hooray!! ;)

Does our forum have a theme song? Perhaps that's a thread topic right there. Well, for now, let's just slot in the Intro Theme for Star Fox Assault which has a bit of a marching like quality to it and a slight nod to NWR's current Director's favorite series.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2022, 11:02:29 PM »
Next, let's start off by remembering those we lost along the way....

King of Twitch (aka Zap)

Poor Twitch. He had so many people rooting for him with his infectious energy but, alas, what must have been a terrible carpal tunnel accident ended his dreams of posting glory. He may have only made 4 posts in the end but I say those 4 posts were more insightful than anything Insanolord posted this month. Rest in Peace, you glorious gamer. I can't wait to see you immortalized in the upcoming Disney+ movie, Cool Runnings 2.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2022, 11:03:09 PM »
Bronze Medal Posters

(Awarded to those Brave Posters who were able to hit the 21 post mark during this event)

NWR_insanolord - 21 Posts. It seems someone forgot to lock the backdoor and so Insanolord was able to sneak in at the last moment and claim a Bronze Medal as he made just enough posts during this event to make it to the podium. Crimm's quote in his signature pretty much sums up his performance during this event.

Luigi Dude - 33 posts (with 5 Mafia posts not counted in this event). He said he'd try his best and that's all that was really required for this event. Not surprisingly, his best easily put him ahead of Insanolord in a comparison of post counts even with having some not allowed in the final tally. You have earned your bronze medal with distinction, good sir! Thank you for being a forum supporter.

BeautifulShy - 37 posts (with 11 Mafia posts not counted in this event.) If she didn't let her love of Mafia take up so much of her posting efforts in the last week or so then maybe she'd have hit the Silver Medal mark. If she wants include them in her view of the month and see herself as a Silver Medalist then that is her Forum Right! It's just that the FPC (Forum Posting Committee) chaired by Mop it up will only officially recognize her 37 non-Mafia posts for a very high Bronze Medal finish. Thank you for being a forum supporter!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2022, 11:04:46 PM »
Silver Medal Posters

(Awarded to those Glorious Posters who were able to hit the 42 post mark during this event)

pokepal148 - 42 posts (with 1 Mafia post and 11 "spam" posts not counted in this event.) He just hits that Silver Medal position on the last day but that still counts. Congratulations on the achievement and easily doubling the posting efforts of Insanolord. Like the Pokemon you love so much, Silver might be the right spot for you since I think this is the medal that's most Shiny. Thank you for being a forum supporter.

Adrock - 47 posts. Adrock may have shown up for this event on Jamaican time but that did not hold him back from lighting up the boards to make himself a Silver Medal winner for this event. One of the rare posters who doesn't care so much for Forum games like Mafia or Safe Words but is just here for the discussions (especially if they could happen more frequently and get more in-depth). Thank you for being a forum supporter.

Bungle5 - 53 posts (with 7 Mafia posts not counted in this event.) NWR does see too many new posters that aren't spambots or that stick around too long. Bungle5 has been one of the rare exceptions and another Gem Poster on these forums. He started posting regularly in 2019 and has still stuck around through these past couple years. Hooray for another internet user who likes to still post it old school on a forum like this instead of something like Discord or Reddit (that hive of scum and villainy). Yes, he was 10 posts away from Gold but don't let that get you down. You're still currently posting at a higher rate than many long time users and you've earned this Silver Medal with distinction. Thank you for being a forum supporter.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2022, 11:06:10 PM »
Gold Medal Posters

(Awarded to those Incredibly Insane Posters who were able to hit the 63 post mark during this event)

Mop it up - 72 posts (with one Mafia post not counted in this event.) She only needed 15 posts over the last 5 days to reach the Gold Medal mark. She had 23!  :o Impressive! Despite claiming this was a contest only I could win, she showed no signs of struggling with the 3 posts a day average and ends the event with what almost feels like a Gold Medal in a walk. A hearty congratulations to your posting prowess especially since it's been known that you take your powers of posting and use them on other forums that aren't NWR!  :P  :'(  You've earned your Gold Medal with distinction. Thank you for being a forum supporter.

Khushrenada - 101 posts (with 26 Mafia posts and 17 "spam" posts not counted in this event.) I wasn't actually going to try to cross the 100 mark but then I saw yesterday I was so close so that I felt I'd hate not doing it after all so I went for that TIE Fighter number. Anyways, I know, yadda yadda yadda. Here we go with Khush crowing about his posting numbers. Big thrill. Was this event really that hard? I thought I had made it a very accomplishable goal but I'm surprised only one other user was able to hit this mark. I guess it's just a sign of how busy most users have become in life since the time we first start posting here. Well, maybe next year if users want to do this event again at that time. I'm not going to thank myself for a being a forum supporter but I will thank God that I'm not Insanolord! :evil; Now let's just play my country's Anthem and posting inspiration to speed this Closing Ceremony along.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2022, 11:22:29 PM »
Summation

With 8, er, 9 posters participating in the event, the hope was to hit 567 total posts with the group. In the end, the total was 410 posts. A bit shy of the goal. On the other hand, the month ended on the forum software as counting 963 posts total for the month of February. (So close to the 1000 mark. If only Insanolord had done his part to post more...) That marks the most amount of posts in a month since April 2020 which had 1047 posts that month. Currently the posting total for the year is 1376 which is already over 25% of last year's total posts and it's just the start of March. With some big games coming up in the pipeline for Switch this year, hopefully posting can stay on this level and we can enjoy talking about the releases and news for Nintendo that unfolds over the rest of the year. If we keep on posting here then we all win.

Don't forget to pick up your commemorative avatars as you leave this thread and head back to your home computers:

Y'all deserve it!  ;)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2022, 11:25:15 PM »
Good game, fellas. I’ll be seeing you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2022, 12:51:08 PM »
Thanks for putting this together Khushrenada. It may not have been as glorious as you'd hoped, but it still seemed to work as a bit of a kick in the pants around here!

I'm sorry that I've never been good at creating new topics, it just never seems to work out. The one I tried during this event couldn't even muster a patented multi-paragraph post from Khushrenada!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2022, 05:26:05 PM »
Thanks for putting this together Khushrenada. It may not have been as glorious as you'd hoped, but it still seemed to work as a bit of a kick in the pants around here!

I'm sorry that I've never been good at creating new topics, it just never seems to work out. The one I tried during this event couldn't even muster a patented multi-paragraph post from Khushrenada!

It may not have been a wall-o-text but I did make 4 posts in that thread. (And I still had another post in me that I could make there.)

It seems with the event over, everyone has packed up and gone home.  :-[ Although, even I've been guilty of not posting much in March either. I've wanted to but I've recently had my time sucked into some house hunting and whether I want to buy or rent along with work getting very hectic all of a sudden. Perhaps the idea of posting a little bit everyday is antiquated. Even during the event, I was only able to do so for about 9 - 10 days and then it became a bunch of catch-up posts every few days. It might be that is the way it's going to be here. Spoardic bursts of posting activity when one has the time. I was hoping the event might keep a tiny regular trickle of posting activity occurring but it may just be start and stop from now on.