Author Topic: Final Season Of The Walking Dead To Launch On Switch Later This Year  (Read 1125 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

The twisted tale of Clementine will be here soon.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/47371/final-season-of-the-walking-dead-to-launch-on-switch-later-this-year

At least one season of one of the most critically acclaimed adventure series of the decade will play out on Switch before the end of 2018.

Telltale Games has confirmed that The Walking Dead: The Final Season will come to Switch "later this year". Previous Telltale Switch releases have released in complete packages, such as Minecraft: Story Mode and the Telltale Batman series, as opposed to their normal episodic model.

The first "season" of Walking Dead released in 2012 and won multiple Game of the Year awards. The first two seasons were rumored for a Wii U release in 2015 but those plans never materialized.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Final Season Of The Walking Dead To Launch On Switch Later This Year
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 12:42:35 PM »
Glad it's the final season, they needed to end this TV show four years ago. Wait, this is the videogame?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 12:55:56 PM »
It'd be nice to get the full series.  I haven't played any of them.  Do they follow closer to the comics or the show?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 12:02:03 PM »
Neither.  It has cameos from a couple of characters and references to events from the comics, but it's mostly it's own thing with it's own set of characters and story.

I haven't played the third season, but the first was considered pretty great and probably did more to contribute to Telltale's success than any of their previous projects.  The second season wasn't quite as good, but was still worth checking out.  I didn't check out the third series in it's entirety.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 01:33:28 PM »
Oh, ok.  That sounds pretty cool.  I always thought the concept was good enough to warrant more storytelling in that world.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.