Author Topic: Theatrhythm May Continue Without Final Fantasy  (Read 2007 times)

Theatrhythm May Continue Without Final Fantasy
« on: July 16, 2014, 01:07:27 PM »

The series’ producer says other Square Enix titles could get the Theatrhythm treatment.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/38090/theatrhythm-may-continue-without-final-fantasy

The upcoming Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call may end the series’ reliance on Final Fantasy and allow for future rhythm titles based on other Square Enix franchises.

Theatrythym producer Ichiro Hazama revealed this and more in an interview with GameSpot. "This is just my own broad thinking, but we're probably going to draw the line on Final Fantasy,” he said. “This will be the last Theatrhythm featuring Final Fantasy. I'm thinking about other titles with music that we produce, we can do something with that."

Hazama noted that “nothing concrete [is] on the table yet.” However, there are many Square Enix properties boasting well-loved soundtracks that could merit a Theatrhythm-type experience, from Chrono Trigger to Dragon Quest to Kingdom Hearts and beyond.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Theatrhythm May Continue Without Final Fantasy
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 08:44:39 PM »
Super Mario RPG! Hashtag: Why no Geno?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 10:01:58 PM »
It's not Square-Enix, but I'd kill for a version of this with Zelda music.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 10:25:53 PM »
The list starts and ends with Chrono Trigger (with bonus Time's Scar as the representative of the alleged sequel).
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 10:54:41 PM »
Well there's dragon quest which... (at least based on 9)has a decent soundtrack.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 10:59:59 PM »
I'm trying to think of another series that Square Enix could make a rhythm game of and I care about. Kingdom Hearts might work with the original pieces from the original worlds, but I don't care for much else.
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 11:43:25 PM »
Dragon Quest would be nice, but I can't imagine being that interested in most of the old scores unless they were the orchestrated versions of the music.  I still have some of the old orchestrated OSTs; they're very nice>

For all of it's faults, Chrono Cross did have some amazing music even beyond Time's Scar.  I'd be interested in a game that covered a lot of Square's other stuff like Vagrant Story, Xenogears  or Valkyrie Profile.  None of these were on a Nintendo system, of course. 

I kind of wish the new Theatrhythm covered more Final Fantasy Tactics tracks; I'm happy for the few that are appearing on it, though.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Leo13

• Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 11:11:36 AM »
I loved Theatrhythm, but really it's going to burn out just like rock band did.