Author Topic: What are you hyped about today?  (Read 44443 times)

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
Re: What are you hyped about today?
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2014, 01:52:10 PM »
Graduation today.

Oh wait, you said hyped. I thought you said terrified....

Congrats!

I like this thread, it reminds me of Pop Culture Happy Hour's 'What's making us happy' segment.
Gouge away.

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2014, 02:45:33 PM »
I'd ask what stevey plans to do to celebrate, but I'd assume what he'd say would break several forum rules.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2014, 03:06:34 PM »
Had great success with a Spaghetti & Meatballs recipe yesterday, so we are going for a round 2 tonight and making enough for leftovers through the week. 

I've been Jonesing playing a Spiderman game for a while, and since I no longer have Spiderman 2 or my PS2, I was able to find a copy of the new one at the nearby red box.  (Don't ruin it for me, I know the reviews for it aren't great).

My wife is due with our 2nd son in about 2 1/2 weeks, but it seems like she may go into labor sooner than that.  I'm more than excited for this to happen, even though it means going back to sleepless nights for a while.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2014, 05:46:07 PM »
Giving my awesome 20th anniversary present.
Oui, Mon Gars!

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2014, 10:23:07 PM »
After a two week delay I finally start my hands on training for my new job tomorrow. I also will be going to my first gig this weekend. I have done some DJ stuff on the side in the past but nothing professional so this is exciting for me. I am super nervous thought because I only ever been to two weddings before, both my sisters and I don't want to be the guy who ruined someone's wedding. I will be starting in DJ and they said I will train to be videographer latter in the season once things get going. I just hope this works out.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2014, 11:43:13 PM »
I had my first event last night. Since it was my first show and I was the trainee I mostly was there to shadow the main DJ but he was very good at including me in the activities. We did the ceremony and the reception it was way out in the country in the woods on their family farm. I gotta admit it was a lot of fun. I wasn't sure what to expect but being a part of that was a real motivator to start getting things back on track and moving on.
Mostly all I did was set up and tear down but he did use me for going around taking down requests and I also ran the dollar dances which was a lot of fun especially for the couple. It might sound corny but as somewhat of an artist, seeing them react to our show and making their night special really made the night worth it and makes me think I will love this job. Heck I hesitate to call it a job as it was so much fun even once the gig was over we went back to the shop and had a barbeque till 4 in the morning, food, drinking, hanging out with the other DJ's. I can get into this. Not to mention the money was pretty good, not counting tips which were double what we got for the show, it was pretty good pay for basically hanging out with a bunch of laid back country folks who would have fun no matter what song we played. There were a couple of moments where I thought I was going to mess something up but the guy training me was so good at what he does he made our mistakes look like part of the show and people had good fun with it. It was also nice to have the bride walk up and thank us for doing such a good show. The reception was a lot of fun, the ceremony part was very awkward so I really hope I don't have too many more of those.

Last night made me realize all this going to school was totally worth it. Not that I couldn't have gotten a job like this without going to school but considering everyone else there also are going to school for pretty much the same thing or something in the same ballpark, it kind of makes me think it helped my chances.

My day job sucks and I want to quite every other day so finding something that I found I could really enjoy doing and not even consider it work is a big win for me right now.

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2014, 10:15:28 PM »
Alright so I unofficially hijacked this thread but I guess I keep getting good news so here goes. I have a job interview with the local television station tomorrow. The guy who is training me at my videography job happens to work there so he put in a word for me and have me his bosses phone number. Because this is a huge step for me personally and professionally I am super excited but it also means I may be taking a break from the internet for a while. So if I suddenly disappear from here do not worry I will be okay.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2014, 02:47:15 PM »
Have 3 starts in first 3 cups of MK8 100CC...
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2014, 11:25:42 PM »

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2014, 01:30:12 AM »
azeke, you read my mind. I thought of you as soon as I heard the news.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2014, 09:37:31 AM »
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 09:44:36 AM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2014, 09:45:00 AM »
Recently found out that my company has contract funding through the end of the year.  It may not seem like much, but as I was furloughed for nearly a month in February due to budget/contract problems, this is pretty huge and somewhat of a relief. 
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2014, 09:46:13 AM »
Grats Man!  I'm glad I've never gotten Furloughed.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2014, 10:30:40 AM »
Match made in heaven:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyQEsTLcILs

I agree. It's a game based on a mediocre animated series whose best quality is how much it reminds you of better previous work (Avatar: The Last Airbender)...made by a mediocre developer whose best quality is how much their work reminds you of better previous projects.  It is a match made in heaven!  :P: :

All joking aside, the second season of Korra sucked, but if Platinum can make something good out of that show, more power to them. Korra's world is interesting. The show's writers have just failed to do anything compelling with it. Maybe Platinum can do better, though it being a download-only game coming out in a few months with no gameplay footage yet isn't encouraging.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2014, 02:43:43 PM »
 ::) ::) ::)

Have you seen the leaked episodes of season 3 yet? Those four episodes (3-6) were far better than the entirety of season 2.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2014, 03:54:19 PM »
::) ::) ::)

Have you seen the leaked episodes of season 3 yet? Those four episodes (3-6) were far better than the entirety of season 2.

No, not yet, but I hope you're right about that. I was really hyped for Korea before season 1 hit, and ever since I feel like we've been in a Sonic-esque "Korra Cycle." Man, season 2 was bad, outside the 2 retro episodes.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2014, 11:00:30 PM »
Just finished my summer semester!
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2014, 12:39:43 PM »
I'm going to watch the 1st 17 minutes of Guardians of the Galaxy today.

Early previews have been HYPED, and the impressions from the 10 min 3D motion viewing at Disneyland parks this past weekend have been nothing but great!!

This is the Marvel wild card, and if this movie works, things are about to get super crazy. Reviewers likened this one to having that feeling of watching Star Wars for the first time oh so many years ago, which is a HUGE compliment. So I hope it delivers as all the preview impressions have said it did.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 01:26:59 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2014, 02:38:58 PM »
I'm going to watch the 1st 17 minutes of Guardians of the Galaxy today.

Early previews have been HYPED, and the impressions from the 10 min 3D motion viewing at Disneyland parks this past weekend have been nothing but great!!

This is the Marvel wild card, and if this movie works, things are about to get super crazy. Reviewers likened this one to having that feeling of watching Star Wars for the first time oh so many years ago, which is a HUGE compliment. So I hope it delivers add ask the preview impressions have said it did.
Same

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2014, 11:08:57 PM »
Looking forward to watching more cycling with Tour De France on tv right now.

I stopped watching tv after i moved my TV to my desk and made it my main monitor. I just couldn't be bothered to reconnect the cable back. Tour De France might as good reason as any.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2014, 12:34:52 AM »
Looking forward to getting trashed while I watch Brasil vs Germany with German beer and Brazilian rum at the pool tomorrow.
black fairy tales are better at sports

« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2014, 05:48:27 PM »
Been away a while things been busy. I not only got accepted into the new school I wanted but they also got me into a program that is almost exactly what I was hoping for an is much better than what I was doing at my previous school anyways. Also I am loving my new job I only work one day a week and that pays all my bills so I am spending a lot of time on my other projects, got the blog up and running, made some music, and right now I am in process of doing a new video podcast thing for my site.

I am just excited to be getting back into school and I hope that it all works out better this time. I think I will do better online being anti-social and all.

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2014, 03:27:27 PM »
Looks like I spoke too soon, turns out I DID get the job at the TV station, I start next week. They were at the state fair this week so they didn't return my calls because of that. Good to know I will be finally taking a bigger step into the career field I have been struggling to get into. If it works out that I can keep my weekend job that would be great too but if not I am okay with that.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2014, 03:49:22 PM »
What you be do'n?