Author Topic: Wii U Firmware Version 4.0.2 Now Available  (Read 2645 times)

Offline Traveller

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Wii U Firmware Version 4.0.2 Now Available
« on: November 19, 2013, 07:37:29 AM »

Slowly the Wii U becomes more and more stable.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/36009

Nintendo has released a new Wii U firmware update for the Wii U, bringing the version number for the system up to 4.0.2.

The update is only a small one, adding further improvements to the overall system stability and some other minor changes that will enhance the user experience.

Nicholas Bray - Australian Correspondent

Offline buttle

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U Firmware Version 4.0.2 Now Available
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 11:38:07 AM »
oooh, floaty bits in the background at the main menu.

Offline Leo13

• Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 11:45:19 AM »
They aren't sexy, but when I think back to how often my Wii U froze a year ago and how often it does now combined with how the speed has improved I really appreciate these small updates!!!

Offline Thestrategery

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 09:07:11 AM »
TVii...while not a feature I had ever used, mostly because it was slow and broken seems to be much better now. Faster and can be controlled by the buttons on the controller instead of only the touch screen. Was that updated in this update? I had checked at the last big update and didn't notice the ability to use the buttons to navigate till now.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 11:38:37 AM »
Isn't TVii basically a web app, though? Like Miiverse, I don't think that's something that would get updated with a firmware update - it just happens whenever you log in after Nintendo (or whoever manages it) decides to update it.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 12:13:05 PM »
I wish Nintendo could update the speed of this system. at least for loading stuff.
It's still way too damn slow, especially for a company that once made a big deal about load times interfering with their precious user experience.

Offline Leo13

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 12:17:05 PM »
Yes that is the only Wii U related complaint I have. I've had the exact same feeling. I hate the loading times!!!

Offline KITT 10K

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 03:20:20 PM »
I could be wrong but I'm not sure if the Wii U has much to do with the load times on each game, (as I said, I could be wrong and probably am). For example, the load time on Assassin's Creed III is no where near as long as the load times for LEGO City Undercover. But then again, it could be a combination of both the console and the games.

Offline Leo13

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 07:16:11 PM »
Software programming complexity and efficiency is part of how long loading takes, but the console is also part of it. For example, if the Wii U had a faster disc drive and a 3.0 USB instead of 2.0 USB then the game data would travel from game disc (or hard drive) to the processor and RAM faster which would cut down on loading times.

Offline Thestrategery

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 08:16:41 PM »
Isn't TVii basically a web app, though? Like Miiverse, I don't think that's something that would get updated with a firmware update - it just happens whenever you log in after Nintendo (or whoever manages it) decides to update it.

That may be the case, but I don't think that has been the way they have updated the TVii app, at least not the way they had initially updated it. It hadn't been updated till the first or second large "speed boost" update the wiiu had gotten.

It seems to have gotten better since that update and I hadn't noticed when.