Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Dreams  (Read 31655 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros. Dreams
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2013, 02:33:56 PM »
I think Dixie and Mac have extremely high chances of making it in. 
dixie just wind up being a clone of diddy
no more clones...(and magic is right, nintendo seems to be trying to get rid of most of the DK crew outside of Diddy and Cranky with returns..)
but for the love of god
give ganon his sword
get rid of this whole toon link/young link thing
and for the love of god do something about the star fox trio
i'll take luigi because he has been almost completely luigified outside of the  fireball

as for little mac, there is a fair problem believe it or not because alot of characters have their movesets based around their games as much as possible(one of mario's throws is based on the bowser battle in 64(if used on bowser he even does a reinactment)) and little mac has had little more then left punch, right punch left uppercut, right uppercut... like i said all they can do is give falcon another clone(NO!!)
Ganondorf is the only real exception to this outside of his final smash
i haven't played enough f-zero to know about captain falcon tbh

Yeah you have absolutely no imagination nor an understanding of why clones and semi clones are the way they are. It's simply because of body type. Dixie's hair alone makes her stand out completely from any other character and thats what Sakurai loves. She basically has a giant blond arm on her head, it will not function exactly like Diddy's tail I guarantee you.

While I don't like how similar the specials are of the star Fox crew are, their smash attacks and basic animations are completely different. It's nothing like it was in Melee where they were literally reskins with different stats. I'm not saying there is no room for improvement because there is, but they are plenty varied and I imagine it will be taken a little further in the next game.

so Dixie Kong will be like if Diddy-Kong @!#$%& Ivysaur and had a kid
Great...
and like Magic said Nintendo is basically trying to kill each member of the DK crew that isn't DK, Diddy, and Cranky

EDIT: I think i killed this whole thing with that horrible mental image

Offline SMWiz

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2013, 02:16:05 PM »
There is one character that I would love to see in the next Smash: Mega Man. I've wanted Mega Man in smash since the first game was released on the N64. Some people may not remember the GameShark, or that you could write your own codes for the GameShark. I spent a lot of time trying to make Samus blue so that I could pretend she was Mega Man.

With the addition of Snake & Sonic to Brawl, I thought we had a chance of getting Mega Man. Sonic was the mascot of Nintendo's long time rival, Sega, and Snake (with the exception of Twin Snakes and a GBC came) had been a Sony exclusive for several years. If Nintendo could bag those 2 characters, it seemed possible, nay, likely that they could add Capcom's blue bomber.

Given that last year was Mega Man's 25th anniversary, and that Capcom celebrated it by not releasing a new game, cancelling the two games they had in development for him, and did not release a collection of any sort, it seems like Capcom should let Nintendo use Mega Man. Capcom didn't even use him in Marvel vs Capcom 3! Capcom doesn't seem to care about their mascot, so let Nintendo put him to good use. Smash games live forever. Immortalize Mega Man.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2013, 06:55:04 PM »
Slime - Dragon Quest is basically a Nintendo franchise at this point with all the games exclusive to Nintendo systems and Nintendo publishing them in the West.
The Slime may be the most iconic character, but I don't think it's the most popular. The cast from DQVIII is pretty popular, but, that game wasn't released on a Nintendo system (yet...) so it won't be one of them. I could see them picking one of the classes from DQIX, which is the most popular DQ game. I also wouldn't be surprised if they chose a character/class from DQX, to raise awareness for that game.

Since the StarTropics games were never released in Japan, I doubt Mike Jones will ever appear in a Smash Brothers game, at least as long as Sakurai is around. I believe he's in charge of the roster and tends to pick his own personal faves, so he wouldn't pick a character from a game never released in his region.
Sakurai is likely aware of its existence. Genyo Takeda created the series and he's been at Nintendo forever now.
I didn't say he wasn't aware, I said he has no attachment to the series.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2013, 10:02:13 PM »
I still don't see why that matters. Being released in Japan doesn't automatically mean Sakurai has an attachment to a particular series. I remember reading way back that he plays the games to get a feel of the characters that are included (ROB being the only exception since he's not really playable in the old NES games). StarTropics may not have been released in Japan, but it's still a part of Nintendo's history and it was created by a senior member at the company. That said, if Sakurai needed to play StarTropics, he could certainly do so very easily.

And does Sakurai just pick his favorites? I thought he mostly goes by who fans repeatedly ask for. That why we ended up with Peach and Zelda before say, Metaknight. Included characters seem to fall into three categories: popular, most recent, and obscure. Most of them fall under popular and those are obvious choices. I don't mean to say Mike Jones is a shoe-in and he's not a personal favorite of mine as I don't recall ever playing StarTropics (I may have, but ages ago). However, I do recall about a year ago Sakurai saying something like he wanted to bring back more older/forgotten characters.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2013, 10:18:18 PM »
However, I do recall about a year ago Sakurai saying something like he wanted to bring back more older/forgotten characters.
like tingle...
also
A new challenger appears
James Jones: Box Hunter

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2013, 09:58:31 PM »
I still don't see why that matters. Being released in Japan doesn't automatically mean Sakurai has an attachment to a particular series.
As I said, StarTropics hasn't yet been acknowledged by any Smash Brothers game, which I think means it never will be in any way. I don't know the actual process of how characters are picked, it was just my impression from Brawl's odd choices of newcomers.

The only thing which I'd say gives Mike Jones a chance is that he would be a good clone of Ness to replace Lucas, which would make him an easier character to add to the game.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2013, 10:07:14 PM »
I still don't see why that matters. Being released in Japan doesn't automatically mean Sakurai has an attachment to a particular series.
As I said, StarTropics hasn't yet been acknowledged by any Smash Brothers game, which I think means it never will be in any way. I don't know the actual process of how characters are picked, it was just my impression from Brawl's odd choices of newcomers.

The only thing which I'd say gives Mike Jones a chance is that he would be a good clone of Ness to replace Lucas, which would make him an easier character to add to the game.
no more clones...

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2013, 02:06:48 AM »
no more clones...

but...it's a fighting game (albeit not a traditional one). Isn't that kind of...you know...their thing?
Gouge away.

Offline beta4attack

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2013, 12:18:06 PM »
THANK YOU! I have been going left and right telling people how should Professor Layton be a character in the next game and how awesome he would be with his fencing skills and stuff. I really hope it comes true.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2013, 11:17:42 PM »
I don't have much to say on either of these characters except I do like them but believe their chances are slim to none. I don't even think Birdo is in the running along side Goomba and Koopa Troopa, her role in the Mario games just isn't big enough.

Mike would be cool and I do think he deserves a spot but not before:

Takamaru
Mewtwo
Little Mac
Ridley
Dixie Kong
King K Rool
Shulk
Bowser Jr
Samurai Goroh
Palutena

Yeah, I have a bit of a bias I suppose but even the secondary characters of established series deserve a spot more than him.

Also what must Sakurai think of Star Tropics? We get trophies for Japan only things, I wonder why not the other way around?

Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2013, 12:30:49 PM »
not dixie kong we went through that

Offline StrawHousePig

• a tag
  • Score: -8
    • View Profile
    • Title available upon http request.
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2013, 10:58:31 AM »
I had a dream where I killed every Smash Bros fan. It was very sexual
Fucking gross. Seek emotional help.
Old gamers never die, we just run out of quarters.

Offline RustinReece

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2013, 03:39:58 PM »
Am I the only one who wants Ghirahim to be in this game?

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2013, 04:50:04 PM »
Am I the only one who wants Ghirahim to be in this game?
GOD NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2013, 07:10:09 PM »
The next entry is up, featuring Paper Mario.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/34028
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2013, 07:23:45 PM »
I personally would rather see completely new characters added not named Mario but Paper Mario would add some interesting variety for sure. I would certainly rather see him than say Waluigi as far as new Mario reps are concerned.

I don't think his chances are too great but who knows? Our first peek at the game is so close!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2013, 08:28:53 PM »
I don't think his chances are too great but who knows? Our first peek at the game is so close!

I'd say his chances are pretty good.

Paper Mario - He's been in 4 games now that have all been million sellers and is basically it's own unique franchise at this point.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's considered his own series and put next to the RPG characters instead of the other Mario characters to show just how unique he really is.  The only thing that would hurt him is if Sakurai doesn't consider Paper Mario different from the normal Mario series and if Bowser Jr is given the 5th Mario spot, he might not want to give Mario a 6th character on the select screen, leaving no room for Paper Mario.  I hope Sakurai would consider Paper Mario his own series since he really is and would count as a new franchise added to the series like Yoshi, Donkey Kong and Wario are.  But I've seen some people who consider Paper Mario part of the normal Mario series and so Sakurai might as well.  I hope he doesn't but since I don't personally know the man I wouldn't bet anything right now.

So yeah not a complete lock, but he's got a lot of things going in his favor.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2013, 08:40:48 PM »
Paper Mario is part of the Mario series, just like Mario & Luigi is, Mario Kart is, etc. It's part of the Mario franchise. I love the first two Paper Mario games, but I dont want a 3rd version of Mario (after Dr.  Mario). Maybe he could be an alternate costume for Mario?
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2013, 09:29:31 PM »
Paper Mario is part of the Mario series, just like Mario & Luigi is, Mario Kart is, etc. It's part of the Mario franchise. I love the first two Paper Mario games, but I dont want a 3rd version of Mario (after Dr.  Mario). Maybe he could be an alternate costume for Mario?

Who says Paper Mario has to be a clone of Mario?  Mario's moveset in Smash Bros is based entirely from his platformer games.  Paper Mario on the other hand has a ton of moves exclusive to that series, that would make him completely different.  His main weapon is a hammer which already makes him different from Mario who punches and kicks.  Paper Mario can also turn into different objects like in his games that could add lots of potential.  Instead of doing an upper cut like Mario for his Up-B, Paper Mario could turn into a paper airplanes and then be able to glide while in that form like the flying characters from Brawl could.  Seriously, there's a ton of potential for the character.

Plus Dr. Mario was removed for Brawl and I doubt he'll be brought back for the next Smash Bros so I don't see why people think there's too many Mario's since there's currently only one.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2013, 09:31:27 PM »
I was talking about in the series, we don't really need a 3rd Mario. Especially if Paper Mario would take the place of a new character.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2013, 05:51:49 AM »
What if Paper Mario were to be represented by a multi-character? By which I mean, a fighter which actually switches between several of the more memorable characters in the Paper Mario series (a la Pokémon Trainer).

What if you were to start as Mario (that is Paper Mario), but you could then flip over, like a piece of paper, and on the other side is another character. These other characters would effectively act as 'forms'. For instance, you could have

Admiral Bobbery

Rawk Hawk

and... Mr L!

Amongst others. That might actually be pretty cool.

There are also loads of obvious paper related moves which could be employed. Turning into a paper airplane in order to glide back to the stage, sticking your opponents to the background like stickers (thereby opening them up for attack), your dodge could be that you turn 45 degrees so that you become paper thin and harder to hit.

I never really considered that Paper Mario might be represented in the Smash series, but now I'm kind of psyched about the idea.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 05:54:37 AM by Pixelated Pixies »
Gouge away.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2013, 09:00:02 AM »
I can't be the only one who's hoping for some 3DS eShop-exclusive characters for that version... you've got Mallo, the Sakura Samurai, Dillon, Tempo, a Denpa Man, heck Suda might be willing to give up the president from Liberation Maiden.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2013, 10:26:04 AM »
I can't be the only one who's hoping for some 3DS eShop-exclusive characters for that version... you've got Mallo, the Sakura Samurai, Dillon, Tempo, a Denpa Man, heck Suda might be willing to give up the president from Liberation Maiden.

Maybe it's just me, but many of those series haven't yet proven themselves sufficiently to warrant inclusion in Smash Bros. The only exceptions for me might be Mallo and Eddy (from Spin cycle), but I think they might be better suited to assist trophies rather than joining the roster.
Gouge away.

Offline red14

• Score: -8
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2013, 06:57:19 PM »
STAR STORM!! Paper Mario's Final Smash has to be Star Storm!!! It's impossible to not imagine it. It's also the most badass thing I can remember when it comes to PM.
If you shall force your righteous perspective upon others, which in turn requires an effort to understand, would you do the same? Or presumptuously reject theirs to begin with...?

..Which requires no effort on your part.

What else could you say in a complicated world..

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2013, 10:18:04 PM »

Maybe it's just me, but many of those series haven't yet proven themselves sufficiently to warrant inclusion in Smash Bros. The only exceptions for me might be Mallo and Eddy (from Spin cycle), but I think they might be better suited to assist trophies rather than joining the roster.

If you're going by proof of existence, you're tossing Ness, Marth and Roy out of Melee and Lucas out of Brawl.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.