Author Topic: Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World  (Read 67885 times)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Re: Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
« Reply #275 on: December 12, 2008, 05:35:21 PM »
Anyone have any flippin' clue what the extra North American dungeon is?  Starting to run out of things to do.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 27, 2008, 08:31:36 PM »
Well I finally gotten around to ToS: Dawn of the New World and it was just as disappointing as most people say. 

Alot of the side quests repeat with higher grade monsters but the dialog with NPC stay the same?

Also adding monsters really isn't anything new--hell it's pokemon and that's like an 10 year old game.  I didn't mind this much (really didn't care about adding monsters but why the HELL did they fook up COOKING.  In past/future tales games cooking was a great way to regain HP and TP after battles but with TOSDNW cooking only applies to monster upgrading/evolving.  So you can gain TP/HP without using items which is costly and ineffective.

The game itself suffers from a godawful whiner for a main character and lovesick sidekick who I really didn't care much for neither of them. 

Tales of Vesperia for the 360 was the better of the two IMHO.  ToSDNW was just two steps back IMHO. 

Offline jakeOSX

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 31, 2008, 01:03:03 AM »
ok, just beat it tonight. need to figure out how to do that spoiler thingy so i can talk about it.

there is a movie after the credits are done just like every other *&(*#& movie these days. so stick around to the end. (and no, Nick Fury is not in it)

overall the game was good. and as always the opening scene is so much more interesting now...

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #278 on: December 31, 2008, 03:19:10 AM »
Jake you do this for the spoilers.

(spoiler)put words here(/spoiler)
replace the (  )with[ and ]

I haven't beaten this yet.AC:CF is taking my time.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline jakeOSX

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 31, 2008, 11:32:16 AM »
cool, thanks. so these spoilers are about the plot, and near the end, so you know, buyer beware (highligher beware?)

so i liked the game a lot. it is the first game i've played straight through since (IIRC) the first ToS (yeah I am looking at you FF4 sitting there at the last dungeon...)

i kept getting lost in places that i remembered from the first one. but it was still cool to see them again. The story was overall really good, though i kept expecting Ratatosk to be Kratos but that doesn't happen. I was also looking forward to Killing Lloyd for some strange reason, but that doesn't happen either

ok, and one thing that was  bugging me if Emil is Ratatosk, spawned from Marta's head, WHO IN THE HELL ARE HIS AUNT AND UNCLE?? and why do they know him? are they Astor's family??? sigh.

about length i beat it in 31 hours. which is short, i think. i didn't do any side quests, never once cooked anything, used the same four creatures throughout the game. I did synthesize the black sword way early, which was nice, but didn't play with that much either. near the end i noticed i had a few 'add 3 to hp' type herbs and such, which i didn't use. basically i need to go back and take my time. i finished with Emil at lvl 52 and Marta at 49

as for the boss battles alice and decus was the hardest fight in the game. seriously. even the final fights are no where near as bad. i think i used nearly 70% of my items getting those two down. after that, it is smooth sailing

before the Wii is done, I want to play them both back to back, i think that would be fun. i wish there was a way you could go back and watch the cut scenes, some of them i accidentally fast forwarded through.

i now need to read about the time line and see where these two fit with the other tales games.

oh and i am an item whore. thank you final fantasy for improper RPG tactics.

all in all, great game, well worth my time, my money, i laughed, i cried, it was better than cats. It is better than the 6-7 ratings I have seen. I'd put it a lot closer to the first one.

oh and the end is a total homage to Dark City, seriously. I kept expecting Emil to ask Marta if she knew the way to Shell Beach

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #280 on: January 22, 2009, 04:15:07 PM »
>> Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World * 480p / 60fps
Artes and animation

Whatever that Tales of Ten MOTHERSHIPS game is, its character animations had better measure up to the stuff in Tales of Rehash: Dawn of Low Budget (based on the recent teaser trailer, Tales of Ten Pigs doesn't).  THANKS FOR SAVING MONEY AND BLOWING IT ELSEWHERE, BANCO.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #281 on: January 26, 2009, 11:18:39 PM »
Well I just beat the game. I enjoyed it. I'm gonna try beating it with monsters next time.I beat it with Emil,Marta,Presea, and Zelos. I think I got the best ending.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline SirSniffy

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 27, 2009, 01:24:47 AM »
I'm really having a hard time getting into the game personally. I think what is throwing me is the clunky battle system...coming off of Tales of the Abyss, it just feels sloppy. The monsters seem to get in my way. Half the time I am wishing I can just slaughter some of my own monsters just to make them move so I can attack the enemy...lolz!

But it seems like it may get easier as I get more skills. I'm mad that they changed Lloyd's VA, and Genis sounds more like a girl than EVER!
On the surface simplicity...but the darkest pit in me...is Pagan Poetry...Pagan Poetry...

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #283 on: January 27, 2009, 01:34:43 AM »
I don't really like Genis voice acter in this game.How far are you SirSniffy?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 27, 2009, 01:37:45 AM »
Genis sounds more like a girl than EVER!

Maybe because Genis is voiced by a girl!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1147026/
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: January 27, 2009, 04:59:25 AM »
Aren't all kids voiced by girls? Hell, Megaman is voiced by a girl, at least in Japan.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #286 on: January 27, 2009, 12:59:00 PM »
Genis was performed by a female in all Symphonia & Dawn versions (EN/JP).

Offline SirSniffy

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 27, 2009, 03:55:47 PM »
I don't really like Genis voice acter in this game.How far are you SirSniffy?

I just got "the Prisoner" no spoiler. I know Genis has always been voiced by a girl, but he sounded at least like a boy before. He sounds so female in this one. He is purty, so I guess...

On the surface simplicity...but the darkest pit in me...is Pagan Poetry...Pagan Poetry...

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #288 on: February 19, 2009, 12:13:43 PM »
Internets are saying Namco is promising to release Dawn of Fist in Europe (other PAL territories? lol dunno) in the second half of 2009.

EDIT: thanks Maxi
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 12:56:02 PM by NinGurl69 *huggles »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #289 on: February 19, 2009, 12:47:18 PM »
I take it that is for Europe and Australia
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #290 on: April 22, 2009, 09:37:04 AM »
So yeah what Pro says is true.
TOS:DotNW coming to Europe

Well Europe is getting the game and there are some additions to the PAL release that isn't in the NA release.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #291 on: April 22, 2009, 12:54:36 PM »
Namdo Bancai USA recently renovated their homepage, and it's just as useful/useless as it was last year.  Individual Tales games info pages still don't direct people to their own Tales-series website, showing their internal marketing management is as unaware and disorganized as ever.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #292 on: December 14, 2009, 02:35:38 PM »
The game's been released everywhere by now, and PAL territories are surely spending no time with this game, ignoring it with excitement.  It only took A FUCKING YEAR for Namco to localize^2 it.  Mario's been having a blast with it down in Australia, and as of last week his progress had surpassed Bill's, cuz Bill sucks and Bill is busy with some "residency" thing to become a man doctor dressed like a Japanese nurse.  Bill does read the forum sometimes, but he's not Bill.

>> Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
TGS 2008 trailer
Misono performing "Three Legged Race" at Tales of Festival 2009
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 09:13:41 PM by NinGurl69 *huggles »

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 14, 2009, 03:23:00 PM »
I was going to get it for Christmas but then my parents agreed on an iPod Touch. TBH I'm not sure it's even a game for me anymore, I don't have the patience needed for (console) jRPGs anymore (I do play them on handhelds because I have plenty of time on those).

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #294 on: December 14, 2009, 03:44:48 PM »
On that note I'm sad furious that the Tales of DS games never left Japan.

Offline jakeOSX

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 14, 2009, 07:54:32 PM »
there you go, had to bring up tales DS.... *cries*