Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1157230 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: It's MARVELous Baby!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2013, 12:14:08 PM »
For those that haven't seen it, here are trailers for upcoming releases:

Guardians of the Galaxy comic con trailer
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/n90323mzip8e0yz/gotg.mp4

5-min Captain America extended trailer
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/hc16my3r9imdibn/cap_tws_extended.mp4

And the Ant-Man test footage
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/9zg56n6i5v45k82/-Ant_Man_teaser_trailer_footage_shown_19th_March_2013.mp4 

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2013, 07:42:25 PM »
Or, you could just go see it with Thor.  Which, if you have any interest in the Marvel movies, you should anyway.  Because it is one of the best so far.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2013, 08:05:45 PM »
I just saw Thor yesterday, they didn't show any of those trailers.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2013, 08:47:29 PM »
The Extended 5 mintute trailer of Capt. America only previewed with the 3D version of Thor 2.

I missed it too, which is why I had to find it, and now I share it with all of you too.
I was all excited about it, only to realize after the preview started that it wasn't the extended version.
Once I got home, that is when I read about the 3D exclusive part of the trailer.
(i edited the previous post to point that out for those who have yet to go see the movie)

unfortunately for me, 3D does not view very well, so it is not worth the extra money to me and would never be my first choice. But the opening Elevator scene is Capt America is HYPE inducing.
Can't wait.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 08:50:55 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2013, 08:54:14 PM »
Next week's episoide of Agents of shield is introducing Level 8 as well as Victoria Hand.

Preview Clip from tomorrows episode of Agents of SHIELD - "The Hub"

http://tvline.com/2013/11/11/marvels-agents-of-shield-video-the-hub/

edit: and Agent Sitwell should also be making an appearance in one of the next 2 episodes.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 09:02:20 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2013, 10:04:28 PM »
BTW, there are two post-credit scenes after Thor 2. The final one is a waste of time (after all the credits), but the first one is a taste of things to come (after the animated credits).

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2013, 10:22:30 PM »
Well, there is a tie into AoS and it might be related to the 2nd post credits scene.

I forgot to stay for it, but I found out what it is.I would still like to see it though, *wink*cough*link*cough*wink*

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2013, 12:37:38 AM »
Can't find a link but...

It's just Jane Foster (Natalie Portman) sitting at the breakfast table (minutes or hours after the ending of the movie) and then Thor beams down outside her apartment and they make out. Then you see the Frost Monster from earlier in the movie chasing after some birds in London...that's all.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2013, 03:33:13 AM »
Can't find a link but...

It's just Jane Foster (Natalie Portman) sitting at the breakfast table (minutes or hours after the ending of the movie) and then Thor beams down outside her apartment and they make out. Then you see the Frost Monster from earlier in the movie chasing after some birds in London...that's all.

Given the amount of birds that Greenwich has (i live very close to that area where the main battles were filmed) that Frost Monster will have plenty to chase after for some time.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2013, 05:37:56 PM »
Drew Goddard in negotiations with Disney/Marvel to write Daredevil TV series to air on Netflix
He previously worked with Whedon on Buffy & Angel, as well as wrote for LOST & Alias on ABC.
http://www.thewrap.com/netflix-disney-marvel-daredevil-drew-goddard
Drew Goddard is in negotiations to write the upcoming “Daredevil†series for Netflix and Disney, an individual with knowledge of the project has told TheWrap.

A representative for Goddard had no comment, while representatives for Netflix and Marvel did not respond to repeated requests for comment.

Goddard previously served as a writer and producer on the hit ABC series “Lost†and “Alias,†as well as a writer on “Buffy the Vampire Slayer†and “Angel.†He wrote this year’s Brad Pitt zombie epic “World War Z,†and directed the horror movie “The Cabin in the Woods,†which he also co-wrote with Marvel maestro Joss Whedon.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 05:53:34 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2013, 09:32:17 PM »
Agents of shield was pretty great this week.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2013, 11:05:35 PM »
Melissa Rosenberg will probably be the showrunner for Jessica Jones.

http://m.deadline.com/2013/11/melissa-rosenberg-to-shepherd-marvels-jessica-jones-series-for-netflix/

EXCLUSIVE: Twilight screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg first was tapped to create a drama series based on Marvel‘s Jessica Jones character three years ago, when the project was set at ABC. In typical Marvel fashion, no one is confirming, but I have learned that Rosenberg is attached to the project’s new incarnation at Netflix as writer and executive producer. Jessica Jones is one of four series Marvel TV and ABC TV Studios sold to the streaming giant in a deal announced last week. Jessica Jones is slated second for release, following Daredevil, which is close to locking in Lost alum Drew Goddard as writer/exec producer. The other two Marvel series in the package are Iron Fist and Luke Cage, with the characters from each show then coming together for an Avengers-type superhero teaming in a chapter-closing miniseries. I hear Jessica Jones is undergoing redevelopment in its move to Netflix. The character, created by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Gaydos, is a superhero suffering with post-traumatic stress disorder, which leads to her hanging up her costume and opening her own detective agency, where she ends up helping people and assisting other superheroes. Rosenberg most recently executive produced ABC’s drama series Red Widow.

Looks like Daredevil will be lauching first. I kind of assumed they would get all of the series (epect maybe defenders) out of thw way to have these guys in Avengers 2 fighting Ultron robots. But I guess the series don't excatly be finished for that to happen.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2013, 12:28:35 AM »
"Airing on Netflix" sounds oxymoronic.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2013, 05:45:10 PM »
Post Credit Scenes from Thor 2 explained *Spoilers* obviously
http://screenrant.com/thor-2-dark-world-mid-post-credits-button-scenes-explained/all/1/

Also speaks to the significance of what was happening and how that could affect the future of the MCU going forward. i.e. How Dr. Strange may come to be.

Bonus: Easter Eggs & Comic References in the Movies

Iron Man 3: http://screenrant.com/iron-man-3-spoilers-comic-book-references-easter-eggs-trivia/

Thor 2: http://screenrant.com/thor-2-dark-world-easter-eggs-trivia-comic-references/
Quote from: Dr. Selvig's Chalkboard

For starters, the brief phrase written over Selvig's right shoulder: 616 Universe. For those unfamiliar with the comic book source material, Marvel Comics, like DC, has accepted that the majority of their superheroes exist in just one of several parallel universes. The name given to the one that Earthly audiences are used to seeing? Earth-616.
---
Simply look to the upper-right corner of Dr. Selvig's chalkboard for the simple equation 'Kyle + Yost = X'.
The names Craig Kyle and Christopher Yost are well-known to the most die-hard fans; as the creators of the teenage female clone of Wolverine - dubbed 'X-23' - the creative team used that success to prove instrumental in major X-Men storylines like "Messiah Complex" and later, a new take on the X-Force team (which may be coming to theaters soon).
---
It may be another case of Marvel simply trying to elate their fans with comic book references, but Dr. Selvig's chalkboard also holds two potentially massive bombshells for the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Let's begin with 'The Fault.'

There may be some movie fans who have yet to hear of 'The Inhumans,' but that is certainly about to change. With Guardians of the Galaxy taking the MCU cosmic, there is a very real chance of seeing 'The Fault' - a tear in the universe with which Nova, Quasar, and the Guardians have tangled - before long.

As for 'The Crossroads,' the concept features heavily in a Dr. Strange story in which the good doctor isolates the Hulk during a particularly fierce rampage. Whether these name drops are planting seeds for the future, or simply reassuring fans that the movies are still priorities for Marvel, only true fans will understand their significance.

Bonus 2: Hints and Speculation regarding Avengers 3 & Infinity Guantlet

« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 10:56:51 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2013, 11:28:49 AM »
This is something I wondered about but never actually brought up before regarding Thor 2.

**Spoilers ahead**
If Loki was playing the role of Odin at the end of the movie when Thor said he was going back to Earth to be with Jane, and he was acting as Odin when he sent Sif  & the bearded guy to the Collector with the Infinity Stone - Aether, then what happened to the real Odin?

Hero Complex: Odin’s fate is left rather ambiguous at the end of the new film. What’s ahead for the Allfather?

Anthony Hopkins: I’m not sure. He hasn’t physically died on screen, but I played him as a man who’s on his way out. I think they would have to explain in “Thor 3,†if there is one, what happens to Odin.  Or maybe it’ll just be a story line, maybe he went to Tahiti or something for a holiday. I don’t know.

So does he know what happened to Coulson too? Is someone gonna explain what Tahiti is already? will there be a shoutout on AoS now too?
probably not, but I hope that last thing gets explained much sooner than Thor 3

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2013, 01:38:24 PM »
Thor 2 surpasses WW Gross of Thor 1 in it's second weekend.

Domestic: $146.9k
Foreign: $332.8k
----------------------
WW Gross: $479.7k

Quote from: Thor (2011) - 16 weeks
Domestic: $181k
Foreign: $268.3k
----------------------
WW Gross: $449.3k

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2013, 09:59:36 PM »
Nice. No doubt it's getting a nice bump from coming after The Avengers.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2013, 10:47:05 PM »
Sneak Peak at Tuesday's Agents of SHIELD Thor 2 tie-in episode

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10201565376114683&id=421182894613231
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 10:49:47 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2013, 11:51:29 AM »
This isn't MCU related, but it's something you likely haven't seen yet that may make an appearance in a later X-Men film.

The Wolverine - Alternate Ending:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x170xh1_the-wolverine-2013-alternate-ending-reveals-iconic-1975-yellow-and-black-costume_shortfilms

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2013, 08:29:47 PM »
Whedon planning a Captain America: The Winter Soldier crossover for Agent's of SHIELD too
also Coulson probably not an LMD & Stan Lee likely to make an expected appearance.
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Agents-SHIELD-Thor-Crossover-Whedon-Tancharoen-1073558.aspx

The producers recognize that most fans have guessed that Coulson is actually a Life Model Decoy, but they're trying to exceed those expectations. "We know that there's going to be a lot of theories and there's no chance that whatever we reveal won't, at some point, be written on the internet," Whedon says. "We're just trying to come up with ways to make it surprising or make it not how they expected it to unravel. We know what it is, but we know that no one else does yet."

As S.H.I.E.L.D. expands the world of its organization, the producers appear to be actively planning their role in the release of the next Phase 2 film, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, which will hit theaters on April 4, 2014. "Nick Fury [Samuel L. Jackson] is in that one, and S.H.I.E.L.D. makes an appearance, so we will definitely try to tee-up some stuff and probably play a little bit of the fallout from that film," Whedon says. "We're hoping to do some cool stuff."

But a potential Captain America crossover might not be the only connection to the larger world of Marvel. It's common knowledge that comic book writer and former president and chairman of Marvel comics Stan Lee makes an appearance in just about every film — most of which you can watch here. "I would say there's a strong chance," Whedon said of Lee making a cameo on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

With Capt. America 2 playing up the whole SHIELD in need of reform angle, I think it's fitting that AoS TV show will play right into that. Most likely as the season finale, or leading up to it. Coulson and his team don't seem to onboard with current SHIELD protocol, so it wouldn't be surprising for the show to lead into and pick up right after the movie.

edit: Here is an interview about Tonites episode "The Well" as well as the future of the show including pacing & serialization vs procedural.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/19/jeffrey-bell-on-marvels-agents-of-shield-tying-into-thor-the-dark-world-and-audience-expectations-on-revealing-secrets
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 09:23:40 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2013, 11:35:41 PM »
About the Stan Lee thing... As soon as they announced the AoS series, I thought it'd be good fun if they did a filler episode to explain why there are so many clones of this singular, kooky old man all over the MCU. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2013, 12:03:15 AM »
About the Stan Lee thing... As soon as they announced the AoS series, I thought it'd be good fun if they did a filler episode to explain why there are so many clones of this singular, kooky old man all over the MCU. :D

He is a rogue Watcher, studying the Earth & human race  from up close, assuming the role of an everyday citizen.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2013, 02:26:27 PM »
Avengers 2: Age of Ultron scripts are out there somewhere.
https://twitter.com/Mruff221/status/405062121719078912

Ruffalo hopes to be more fully represented this time around.
This movie is gonna have to be 2.5hrs long with everything and everyone in it to not be skimmed over.

------------

MARVEL Confirms Non Twin Olsen & Kick Ass as Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver in upcoming Avengers 2

------------

Chris Pratt (Star Lord) & Zoe Saldana (Gamora) talk about Guardians of the Galaxy
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=90387

------------

Joss Whedon speaks on future episodes of Agents of SHIELD *minor spoilers*
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Agents-SHIELD-Melinda-May-Whedon-Tancharoen-1073916.aspx

and a synopsis for next weeks episode (mid-season finale?)
“The Bridge†– In a shocking cliffhanger episode, Coulson takes the war back to Centipede, and this time he brings in Mike Peterson (J. August Richards) for some super-soldier support. As they get closer to the truth, startling secrets are revealed and an unexpected twist threatens the team, on “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,†TUESDAY, DECEMBER 10 (8:00-9:01 p.m., ET)

« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 02:36:25 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2013, 02:14:12 PM »
Promo for next weeks AoS 1x10

And a bonus gif of Stan Lee being... creepy old man? rejected/denied? ....awkward?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2013, 05:35:27 PM »
I'd kiss Stan if he asked
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post