Author Topic: Official NFL Discussion: If You Only Count The Legal Points, KC Wins  (Read 368544 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
The refs fucking up entire games wasn't that big of a surprise.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
It's being reported that Time Warner and the NFL have come to an agreement and the NFL Network (and the Red Zone channel) will be on Time Warner Cable before next week's game, eliminating one of my biggest complaints about the company.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
More football is always better imo!

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
I'm assuming Mr. Leahy is enjoying Belichick's tears this evening.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
Bright House just picked up NFL Network yesterday, woohoo!

Offline Do_What

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
If Arizona is going to be good I don't know what to do with the NFL. At least the Browns are terrible as usual.
(╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
Raise your hand if you saw the current standings coming!

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
I would have thought Miami would be 0-3. The Texans being 3-0 is the only record that makes sense, but it won't last.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Actually, I (and I am not the only one) am shocked Houston are somehow 3-0. I am happy that the Bills are 2-1, good start for them.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
You shouldn't be. They've got the best running back in the league, a great, if underappreciated, QB, and a really good defense. They'd have probably won the Super Bowl last year if not for injuries.

J.P. Corbran

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
Well that game was certainly...something.

Can't blame it all on the refs, though. Seattle's D is very good, but they shouldn't have eviscerated the Pack's offense like that. Green Bay basically pissed away a full half.

That said, Tate has to be on someone's fantasy team. Or Shields slept with someone's daughter. Maybe both.

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Yo guys. I'm out until the real refs come back. I can't support something that heinously robbed a victory from the Packers and questionably robbed a victory from the Patriots (though, I mean, screw the Patriots).

I'll still keep up with any fantasy leagues where money is on the line, but I won't bother with the NWR one since it doesn't have any financial bearing for me. I implore anyone who enjoys the sport to stop watching as well, as it might be the only way that the NFL will actually pay the refs.

I hope to be back to watching the NFL next weekend, but who knows.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
This is Neal's Bayonetta 2 moment.

STOLEN FROM US

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
The difference is that Bayonetta 2 couldn't exist without Nintendo. The NFL can exist with real referees. :P
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
Since my team is irrelevant and I honestly don't care whether or not they win games, I really don't feel the need to boycott over this. I feel bad for the fans of contending teams that can and have been screwed over by this, though.

J.P. Corbran

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
BRING ME THE PECTORALS OF ED HOCHULI

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
Fun fact: The last two Super Bowl teams wouldn't have made the playoffs if they lost one more game! Ain't this **** wacky?
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
If anything, this controversy brought out the best in twitter. Quality lulz to be had all around. This one from Rembert Browne was the best IMO:

The Packers are pulling the risky, but legendary "they can't suspend us all" trick every 12th grade class considers come Senior Skip Day.

What a horrible game.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
IM SO ANGRY AS A FOOTBALL FAN RIGHT NOW /Bayonetta 2

You know how this is going to look ten years from now in the record books? Hawks won. Packers lost.

Offline Do_What

• View Profile
I don't actually watch football games. I just do fantasy and pick games and stuff. I have watched more this year than in the past because these officials are hilarious.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05jBIcgHq1k This got me interested. The twitter feeds are gold on Sundays.
(╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Well as a Seahawks fan I'm obviously glad they won the game but they clearly shouldn't have.  I can see ruling a touchdown on the field because it was hard to see what happened and a double catch goes to the offence.  But they reviewed the play!  How do you watch that replay and not see it as a Green Bay interception?!  The only thing I can think of is that since it was a Seattle home game the ref was scared of the reaction of the home crowd finding out they lost when they were made to believe they had won only a minute before.

Roger Goodell has got to phone the ref's union today to set a deal.  The only thing that could be worse than this would be if a replacement ref was caught rigging a game for gambling.  What shocks me is that these refs are refs in some capacity in the real world.  It isn't like the NFL literally just grabbed random people off the street.  If you can referee a high school or some low level college game surely you can make some of these calls correct.  I swear I could do an equal job with the ZERO reffing experience I have now.

The defence was awesome though.  8 sacks in the first half?!  YEAH!

Offline Do_What

• View Profile
Well, these guys are refs at much lower levels of football. The rule sets are different and the play isn't nearly as fast. It's easier to officiate when the players aren't very good.
(╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
But they reviewed the play!  How do you watch that replay and not see it as a Green Bay interception?!  The only thing I can think of is that since it was a Seattle home game the ref was scared of the reaction of the home crowd finding out they lost when they were made to believe they had won only a minute before.

The ruling on the field ultimately became a simultaneous catch. That's non-reviewable. I imagine the guys in the booth (who are not replacements, by the by) were desperately trying to find evidence that Jennings and/or Tate landed out of bounds, therefore resulting in an incomplete pass, but since that was clearly not the case, the call had to stand.

Now I'm curious as to how many Packers are going to get fined/suspended by Mr. I Am The Law. The team seems to be trying a "they can't suspend us all!" approach. Should be interesting to see the results!

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
Since the play took place in the end zone, the simultaneous catch WAS reviewable. Seems the current bullshit story is there wasn't enough evidence to overturn it. The whole process of it was totally ridiculous. The refs are supposed to confer with the head ref until they reach a conclusion, but that never happened.

But, hopefully this will start to behind us because the real refs should return by, at the latest, Week 5.

Though if the Packers miss out on something by a game.....
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
Since the play took place in the end zone, the simultaneous catch WAS reviewable. Seems the current bullshit story is there wasn't enough evidence to overturn it. The whole process of it was totally ridiculous. The refs are supposed to confer with the head ref until they reach a conclusion, but that never happened.

But, hopefully this will start to behind us because the real refs should return by, at the latest, Week 5.

Though if the Packers miss out on something by a game.....

Why would it make a difference if it's in the end zone or not? So many of the review rules seem arbitrary for the sake of being arbitrary...