Author Topic: Official NFL Discussion: If You Only Count The Legal Points, KC Wins  (Read 367415 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Re: Official 2011 NFL Discussion: Lockout, schmockout!
« Reply #200 on: December 09, 2011, 04:20:08 PM »
Seconded. Except for US Thanksgiving, and even then there should be a mandatory bye week for the teams involved.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 09, 2011, 04:28:15 PM »
Seconded. Except for US Thanksgiving, and even then there should be a mandatory bye week for the teams involved.
Agree
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #202 on: December 09, 2011, 04:29:23 PM »
It does make it easier for people to watch more football games.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 09, 2011, 04:35:03 PM »
It does make it easier for people to watch more football games.
Not when they decide ESPN should carry them... *grumble grumble*
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 09, 2011, 04:43:35 PM »
Not ESPN, NFL Network. Which sucks for me, because Time Warner doesn't carry NFL Network. That means I had to resort to low quality internet streams to watch last night's Browns-Steelers game. Despite the fact that probably close to 80% of the football fans in this town are Browns or Steelers fans, we're in the market for the fucking Bills so we don't get the local feed that they do in Cleveland or Pittsburgh.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 09, 2011, 04:47:12 PM »
I only get over-the-air so I haven't been able to watch a lot of games this year when I normaly could not to long ago.
Its just not worth the money for me to get 1 set of programming for a quarter of the year that I'll not watch dedicately.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #206 on: December 09, 2011, 05:09:55 PM »
Luckily all the playoff games are on over-the-air networks (unlike MLB, where divisional round games air on cable too), and you can still watch anywhere from 3-5 games each week over the air. My team are the Bills and I live in their market, so I can always watch them (except for the rare times they don't sell out, but that has happened like 2 times in the last 5 years).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 09, 2011, 09:13:45 PM »
Insano, you should have watched it on Veelte in HD like I did. I also have Verizon and an LTE phone (Thunderbolt), so I get to watch all of the Thursday Night games live on NFL Mobile. It is a pain in the ass because I have to flash back over to a Sense-based ROM in order for Verizon to authenticate my phone each time, but it's a necessary evil.

I should probably highlight that point - if you have an LTE Verizon phone (even if you don't have access to LTE), then you can get NFL Mobile and watch all Thursday Night (and Sunday Night Football and Monday Night Football) games live, for free, for the entire season.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 09, 2011, 09:22:05 PM »
I'm not going to have a Verizon phone until next year because the 4S was in no way a big enough upgrade to justify paying an early termination fee. Wouldn't have been LTE anyway (which I suppose is a decent chunk of the reason it wasn't worth it).

J.P. Corbran

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #209 on: December 11, 2011, 07:26:26 PM »
You know, that Denver game had a good ending... but the ball turning into loaves of bread and fishes on the way through the uprights was a little much.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: December 11, 2011, 09:18:57 PM »
Jesus is Tim Tebow in disguise.

Glad to see the Ravens win even though Indy is my favorite team - this is a guaranteed #1 draft pick, and it once again secured the Ravens 1st place slot over the Steelers (who was in first during the game apparently). Once again Denver takes it down to the very end...and the NE/DC game turned out to be pretty good during the second half. Green Bay dominated once again (I might join the bandwagon if when they go undefeated). I couldn't care less who wins tonight.

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 12, 2011, 11:11:21 AM »
I respect the resurgent Broncos. I still dislike Tebow. >=(

Lots of surprising upsets yesterday. I hope my memory is wrong, because right now I think I got, like, six wins. Both of the Bay Area teams really stunk up the joint, by the by, although I'm fine with the Raiders going down much more than I am with the Niners.

Arizona and Miami are two teams that don't seem to realize that they're already out of the playoffs...(but more power to them for that!)

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 12, 2011, 12:12:56 PM »
Arizona's not out of the playoffs. Just sayin'. Same with Seattle. Both teams could wind up at 9-7, and if Atlanta, Chicago, and Detroit flounder more than they have (Atl and Detroit are looking like they might hang tough), they could sneak in.

Also, the Packers. :D
Realistically, the only team that terrifies me against the Packers are the Denver Tebows. They can't compete with Him.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 12, 2011, 01:23:40 PM »
I don't expect the typical 4th quarter 15 points that Denver somehow always gets to overcome the 75 point deficit that they'll be facing late in the game.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 12, 2011, 01:50:31 PM »
The Broncos have become must-see-TV these last few weeks.  They had me fooled yesterday.  I'm thinking "well I guess they can't win them all" and then BAM!

WWE wrestler Sin Cara used to be known as Mistico in Mexico where his gimmick was that he was God's favourite wrestler so miraculous things would work out in his favour and help him win.  My brother and I joke that Tim Tebow is God's favourite football player and thus receives similar divine intervention.  I've even started calling him "Mistebow".  I'm just joking around but THIS last game really did feel miraculous with Marion Barber seemingly cursed when the Bears had the game in the bag.

Can they beat New England next week?  Denver has a good defense so they can somewhat negate New England's strong offense.  And New England has a horrible defense.  It is totally doable.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 12, 2011, 02:11:09 PM »
I doubt it. I predict something like Denver 16, New England 753.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #216 on: December 12, 2011, 07:04:13 PM »
There's only one team in the NFL that has demonstrated the ability to stop God over the last few years. Right, Mr. Warner?
Tutorial box out.

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 13, 2011, 10:25:53 AM »
Arizona's not out of the playoffs. Just sayin'. Same with Seattle.

Huh. I knew about Seattle, but I thought the Cards and Dolphins could only top out at 8-8.

There's only one team in the NFL that has demonstrated the ability to stop God over the last few years. Right, Mr. Warner?

Even Wisconsinites (sic?) concede that Rodgers is a hair below Jesus...But just a hair!

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 13, 2011, 11:46:50 AM »
Arizona and Seattle are both 6-7. Two NFC wild cards are currently 8-5. It'd involve an epic collapse, but stranger things have happened this year.

Hell, technically the damn Eagles aren't dead yet. They're sitting at 5-8, and if they win out and the Cowboys and Giants crap the bed, they can steal the division. Once again, stranger things have happened.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 13, 2011, 03:38:43 PM »
That IS the Jets' accustomed manner of reaching the AFC Championship, yes. :-/  But it was just a memory error on my part. Although the Cards are becoming white hot...

And on a related note, poor Sparano. Guys no play good enough, coach no coach good enough. :(

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 22, 2011, 11:44:07 PM »
And the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes just got interesting.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #221 on: December 23, 2011, 06:29:25 AM »
Like how in China, they hope you live an interesting life?
Tutorial box out.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 23, 2011, 01:32:47 PM »
So the Colts can't even lose right.  They put their fanbase through this hell of a season and the one thing that would make it worthwhile is getting the number one pick and they could potentially blow that now.  I get going for a win because who wants to go 0-16?  But you've got that win.  Getting 2 or 3 wins means jack ****.  You're just screwing the fans out of their "reward" for putting up with a terrible season.  Either be good enough to compete or REALLY suck so that you get high draft picks.  Don't just kind of suck.

Though I do think it's funny that Houston has never won in Indianapolis.  It was a good way for Indy to show Houston that they still own the division and that only reason Houston is winning it this year is because of Manning's injury.  It's like "don't forget, we're still better!"

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 03, 2012, 10:49:03 AM »
Will our winner (Cody Begaye) please stand up? By stand up, I mean PM me and we can work out your prize.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 03, 2012, 12:29:28 PM »
Congrats Cody! You held on to your lead for several weeks, a most impressive feat. Well done!

Looking forward to the playoffs this weekend. I've got my teams to root for and against all lined up, so there'll be drama in every game for me.

And I'm guessing Ian's pleased at losing the last game?