Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1157263 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #4300 on: January 06, 2020, 06:45:23 PM »
Christian Bale in talks to join the MCU with Love & Thunder.
https://collider.com/christian-bale-thor-love-and-thunder-cast/

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: January 06, 2020, 06:52:33 PM »
I just canā€™t see a serious actor like Christian Bale starring in a comic book movie.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: January 06, 2020, 07:09:21 PM »
We're getting our second Batman and you're going to enjoy it.

And like many other celebrities with kids.... Their kids probably asked them to be in a Marvel movie as a brag to their "social circle".
I'm sure Taika has a good minimally recurring role for him. Like a Hela type role. Powerful, good sized speaking part (main antagonist?), potential for future cameo, but no heavy commitments.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: January 07, 2020, 07:00:47 AM »
I reckon it'd be nice to see him let his hair down and have a good time in a role.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: January 10, 2020, 10:44:01 AM »
Looks like Derrickson is out as Director of DS2: MoM and is being given the consolation prize of Exec Producer.

They cited mutual decision due to "creative differences" but Derrickson was already on record complaining on release dates numerous times now, more or less stating that set release dates stifle creativity or something like that.
Feige stated production date was still set and no expected delays. I'm assuming he has a replacement in mind already as pre-production should already be in progress.... I think shooting starts in March or May 2020

(Dec 2019)
https://www.ibtimes.sg/doctor-strange-2-director-not-happy-about-studio-set-release-dates-details-36056

(Jan 2020)
https://variety.com/2020/film/news/doctor-strange-in-the-multiverse-of-madness-director-scott-derrickson-drops-out-marvel-1203462569/

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #4305 on: January 10, 2020, 04:13:18 PM »
I'm wondering if there was a bit of a tiff about the horror aspect of it.  Maybe Derrickson wanted to go further into the horror direction but mummy Marvel and daddy Disney pushed back.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4306 on: January 10, 2020, 07:32:18 PM »
Kinda sucks when the director drop out just before shooting, but I hope the film doesn't suffer too much.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: January 16, 2020, 12:30:36 AM »
Disney and Marvel Studios have released the official synopsis for the Eternals.

Marvel Studiosā€™ ā€œThe Eternalsā€ features an exciting new team of Super Heroes in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, ancient aliens who have been living on Earth in secret for thousands of years. Following the events of ā€œAvengers: Endgameā€, an unexpected tragedy forces them out of the shadows to reunite against mankindā€™s most ancient enemy, The Deviants.

The outstanding ensemble cast includes Richard Madden as the all-powerful Ikaris, Gemma Chan as humankind-loving Sersi, Kumail Nanjiani as cosmic-powered Kingo, Lauren Ridloff as the super-fast Makkari, Brian Tyree Henry as the intelligent inventor Phastos, Salma Hayek as the wise and spiritual leader Ajak, Lia McHugh as the eternally young, old-soul Sprite, Don Lee as the powerful Gilgamesh, Barry Keoghan as aloof loner Druig, and Angelina Jolie as the fierce warrior Then. Kit Harington was cast as Dane Whitman. Directed by ChloĆ© Zhao, who helmed the critically acclaimed Sundance filmā€The Rider,ā€ and produced by Kevin Feige, ā€œThe Eternalsā€ opens in U.S. theaters on November 6, 2020.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4308 on: January 19, 2020, 07:12:59 PM »
I have just started Season 3 of the Runaways, and although parts of the series is quite cheesy, it is never to the level of Arrowverse cheesy.  Ironically I find the parent's story and drama more interesting that the kids.  I am really curious what will happen with this season as it appears to have 2 main story arcs going to happen and it is unfortunately the series finale...but honestly this series lived and died on the family Pride drama you can't milk that forever.  3 seasons for a complete story arc is pretty good honestly.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: January 19, 2020, 11:41:49 PM »
I found season three by far the best of the three.  Having said that, being better than season one and two is far from a great accomplishment.  The big cameos near the end of the season were very disappointing. 

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4310 on: January 20, 2020, 05:48:48 AM »
Shorty, I am really excited then, because I thought season 2 was a huge improvement over season 1.  My theory of television is season 1 is always a throw away season.  So if Season 3 is good. I will be happy.  As it is I will say the best live action super hero season I have seen was season 2 of The Arrow. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: January 21, 2020, 06:15:16 PM »
Patton Oswalt produced MODOK moves forward as the first MCU(?) animated comedy sitcom on D+!!!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadline.com/2020/01/marvel-hulu-m-o-d-o-k-animated-series-veep-the-goldbergs-alums-patton-oswalt-cast-1202836764/amp/

Veepā€™s Sam Richardson, The Goldbergsā€™ Wendi McLendon-Covey, House of Liesā€™ Ben Schwartz and Luciferā€™s Aimee Garcia are among the cast added to the animated supervillain family sitcom. With executive producer Patton Oswalt starring as the constantly foiled Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing, the adult-centric comedy is set to debut this year on the Disney-controlled streamer.

Go to the link, read the synopsis.
Tell me what you think. I think it sounds great. Lol

I feel like it's been forever since we've had anything even remotely related to the MCU and I'm starving.

Bring it on!!!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 06:20:46 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: January 22, 2020, 11:00:50 PM »
Captain Marvel 2 incoming!!
New writer (from WandaVision) and looking for female director (old director pair not returning for sequel) and eyeing at 2022 release date.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/captain-marvel-2-movie-works-wandavision-writer-1272259

Edit: forgot to mention that the old director may be doing a D+series instead.
And CM2 will be present day.

Also: Marvel TV is now to be known as Marvel TV Studios.
https://comicbook.com/marvel/2020/01/21/marvel-television-new-name-marvel-tv-studios/

I hope the logo is the Marvel Studios split in half with TV wedged in the middle.
Someone visualize that for me šŸ˜
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 12:15:24 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4313 on: January 22, 2020, 11:48:13 PM »
I am hoping Captain Marvel 2 is better than the first. Personally my arc for a trilogy would be she now goes against the central intelligence crippling it which throws the galactic powers outta wack. Third movie is Skrull Secret Wars and is kinda like a Captain America Civil War movie with a huge cast.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: January 23, 2020, 01:17:51 AM »
I edited the previous post to add more content, but my guess is that the new writer from WandaVision has impressed Feige a lot, and the fact that they are now looking for a solo female director, tells me they are looking to get into more character developing moments that would be better expressed with a woman behind the wheel.

It's not that CM was bad or anything, but it could've been better.
But knowing that WandaVision is setting up the future of the MCU, and I believe the director(?) and now the writer are being pulled onto more projects in the MCU must mean great things about how WandaVision is turning out. Not gonna let me pre-maturely HYPE myself though. I'll wait for footage, or a trailer.... I'm so MCU starved right now.

Can we get a few new One Shots on Disney+ or somethiing!!!! C'mon Feige feed us!!!

ļ»æ

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: February 03, 2020, 01:28:43 AM »
D+ Falcon & WInter Soldier, WandaVision, and Loki trailer from the Superbowl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62EB4JniuTc

and you can see Wanda in the "classic costume" for a brief second.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: February 03, 2020, 09:43:04 AM »
Looks gangster. The WandaVision stuff makes sense now since it's probably not based in reality...for the most part. I bet she figures out how to bring back with, with Shuri.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4317 on: February 03, 2020, 10:16:05 AM »
She looked like she was having a breakdown. I wonder if they're borrowing from Avengers: Disassembled when her powers went outta control. Because that led intoā€¦

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: February 03, 2020, 10:28:19 AM »
Popular theory is House of M and the Vision miniseries mixed together.

And for the logo on Loki's shirt....
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Variance_Authority
Edit: better link
https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Time_Variance_Authority_(Multiverse)

I notice the name of a one Wade Wilson.
And with how DP2 ended... Hmmmmm šŸ§šŸ¤”
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 10:35:59 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4319 on: February 03, 2020, 11:42:12 AM »
That'd be really fun! And that gives Owen Wilson and excellent character to play with the upper management being clones of the same guy.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4320 on: February 03, 2020, 10:49:40 PM »
I'm ready for the MCU D+ content. Moreso than I'm looking forward to Black Widow...

Who doesn't want to just dive into 8 hours of THIS!!!!?

all my childhood family sitcoms "pollocked" with so much MCU comic flavor. I can't wait.

what you didn't notice, is there aren't just two cribs at the bottom of the screen, there is also two pacifiers floating in the air. https://66.media.tumblr.com/c38b5b32651d99c7a8114cd3125e707d/a58c086aab3d306b-e9/s540x810/bccbdf7ee0299b7b7a5c661a771494185c57dcee.gifv **** is gonna be off the hook.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 11:12:17 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: February 05, 2020, 11:39:32 PM »
Yoooooo!!!!

Sam Raimi in talks to direct Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness!!!
https://variety.com/2020/film/news/doctor-strange-2-sam-raimi-1203475309/

Sam Raimi, who helped launch the modern superhero movie with 2002ā€™s ā€œSpider-Man,ā€ is in talks to direct ā€œDoctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madnessā€ for Marvel Studios, Variety has learned.

Raimi replaces original director Scott Derrickson, who Variety reported on Jan. 9 had officially departed the project due to creative differences. Derrickson will remain as an executive producer. Raimi, meanwhile, will need to get up to speed before the filmā€™s scheduled production start date in May.

Marvel had no comment.

article says both "in talks" and that Raimi "replaces" Derrickson.
the Variety tweet that leads to this article makes it seem like a done deal. Good get either way.

They don't want straight horror, and instead want a more scary Action Horredy.

I wonder who Bruce Campbell will play.....
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 12:29:11 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: February 06, 2020, 01:01:31 AM »
Yoooooo!!!!

Sam Raimi in talks to direct Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness!!!
https://variety.com/2020/film/news/doctor-strange-2-sam-raimi-1203475309/

Sam Raimi, who helped launch the modern superhero movie with 2002ā€™s ā€œSpider-Man,ā€ is in talks to direct ā€œDoctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madnessā€ for Marvel Studios, Variety has learned.

Raimi replaces original director Scott Derrickson, who Variety reported on Jan. 9 had officially departed the project due to creative differences. Derrickson will remain as an executive producer. Raimi, meanwhile, will need to get up to speed before the filmā€™s scheduled production start date in May.

Marvel had no comment.

article says both "in talks" and that Raimi "replaces" Derrickson.
the Variety tweet that leads to this article makes it seem like a done deal. Good get either way.

They don't want straight horror, and instead want a more scary Action Horredy.

I wonder who Bruce Campbell will play.....

Holy **** that would be a huge upgrade if true.
Iā€™m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: February 06, 2020, 12:27:40 PM »
Imagine if Raimi gets to have a shot at Spiderman: Homeward Bound because of this. Wasn't it studio interference by Sony that was part of the reason his 3rd Spidey film was so bloated and disjointed?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: February 06, 2020, 12:57:08 PM »
It's was mostly studio interference.
Then I think it was a bit of "**** it" attitude since I think he was contractually obligated to finish the movie.

Hopefully these "talks" have been going for wrote some time, and Raimi already had his preferred script revisions reviewed and approved, and now all we taking about is compensation and seed planting cameos šŸ˜