Author Topic: I have terrible social skills  (Read 28972 times)

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
Re: I have terrible social skills
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2012, 10:37:02 PM »
Diamonds, Brandogg. Diamonds.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2012, 01:47:20 AM »
Back Hair Free.  But I just go straight to Blackheads on my face while we're TMIing.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2012, 01:13:30 PM »
Wait, so this awkward dating high school **** doesn't end when I graduate? MY WHOLE LIFE HAS BEEN A LIE
Yes, but it spreads to other parts.

I've been married for 7 years and I have no idea what the **** my wife wants unless I can get her to tell me in plain English without being subtle or dropping hints. IT NEVER GETS EASIER.
Agree.

I've only got half of those years under my marriage and 3rd this.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2012, 04:58:43 PM »
Brandogg -- Hahahahaaaaaaaaahahaha

Perm - Hanging out doesn't always mean you have to be suavemente until she's using her tongue as a synapse. Hanging out can be just that; hanging out. Besides, didn't you already cross her off your mind? Obviously, that wasn't true.

But maybe it was the coffee. Either way, don't let it bother you. Next time, instead of perpetually thinking that "This is so damn awkward." Revel in it. Laugh to yourself and be like "How can make this even more awkward?" or just fucking say it's awkward. Either way, stand back and laugh at the situation.

Also don't feel weird about eating in front of anybody unless they fit this only criteria: The person is your guest and you don't have enough for them. That's the only time. She obviously has some money and is not hungry, hence how she bought a milkshake but why she didn't buy food. So just leave it at that. Eat like you would if you were with friends. Eat like you would if you were by yourself. If you eat like a savage, then eat like a savage. Nothing worse than being uncomfortable when you're literally sustaining your existence.

I'm from North East Africa. We eat everything with our hands. We eat everything off the same plate. Some might call that savage, but do I give a ****? I'm happy.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2012, 12:29:11 AM »
well yeah hanging out is fine, if your actually hang out. If someone suddenly acts all weird while you're hanging out and goes from being very optimistic about hanging and then suddenly comes up with a bad excuse to leave, that is worth wondering about. Also, I didn't so much cross her off as I see her as a conflict of interest. Its something mildly worth pursuit. Im moving in less than two months, i work with the girl, and she has a boyfriend. If she wanted to fool around, by all means. Even on a friendship level i'm just still wondering why it went so awkward. The other thing was maybe she's anorexic or bulimic. She's super skinny and she said "i dont eat much" and she rushed to the bathroom after she was done with her milkshake. The conversation consisted on how she plays d&d, i play minecraft, her boyfriend works at a super market, how I used to work with an ex but i normally don't make friends with co-workers, but the rest of it was just awkwardness and me eating.

and Stogi do you eat Injera? and or if you do eat in and also make it...do you have a recipe?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2012, 01:29:55 AM »
I actually have some in my freezer right now. But no, sorry I don't have a recipe.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2012, 10:10:08 AM »
Well, that is a pretty awkward conversation.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2012, 02:38:01 PM »
Second.

I'm also going to ask is it ever a good idea to eat with people you don't really know but want to?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2012, 03:24:01 PM »
No. They could be canibals.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2012, 03:48:27 PM »
Second.

I'm also going to ask is it ever a good idea to eat with people you don't really know but want to?

Uhh...isn't that called a date?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2012, 05:17:14 PM »
Second.

Not necessarily.  That's a very traditional date.
The Basic thought behind that is that everyone has to eat.  How many girls would go for Scuba Diving on a first date?

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2012, 06:38:48 PM »
If I was a girl, I'd love to go scuba diving as a first date. As long as he paid, of course.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2012, 06:45:37 PM »
Second.

Not necessarily.  That's a very traditional date.
The Basic thought behind that is that everyone has to eat.  How many girls would go for Scuba Diving on a first date?

Every girl that new how to swim and even some that didn't.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2018, 02:11:25 AM »
No. They could be canibals.

Fine young cannibals.

This thread didn't have the anecdote I wanted to repost on Reddit...

Is this the missed opportunities thread now?

this thread is what it is

ever been disappointed a girl switched teams?
Back in the day when gamecube was new PSO was going to come out, i was excited, an online mmorpg game coming out for the gamecube. I had this plan, i was going to join a clan, become the treasuror of the clan and then rip them off. When I realized the game wasn't going to be my style I decided to still **** with those people. I created an alternate personality and started chatting with them as both theperm and lance vlad, lance vlad was the alternate version of me. A hyper Xbox fanboy that was definitely grating the nerves of all the people. Me, myself and the clan had long drawn out flame battles that were absolutely hilarious on my side. After they were all duped into theinking lance was a real person. About a months worth of work, i revealed that I was both people. Some were shocked, others thought it was as hilarious as i did. A couple people that were involved are still friends with me to this day. Mainly the real xbox fanboy in the group, and the chick in the group. The Chick was like 13 at the time. Anyway this chick is 19 or 20 now, and she grew up to be hot, but recently has a gf.... Makes me just want to watch Chasing Amy or Puccini for Beginners.

I don't remember this chick from PSO at all. I'm still friends with someone from the group though. It's funny what you can and can't recall 9 years later. I bet if they were still on myspace I'd remember. (that was rabbit hole, now I remember, goddamn myspace is shitty) I don't even remember Puccini for Beginners. I had to watch a trailer to remember what the **** I was talking about.  I watch like 8-9 new movies a week. Even funnier are the actions I described became an effective tactic in media. I was a political troll and catfish in 2001. Speaking of missed opportunities.

I'm not as socially awkward anymore.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2018, 06:19:33 AM »
Did you ever meet the Taco Bell girl again?
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2018, 06:22:48 AM »
nope,never saw her again