Author Topic: Third Party Franchises that Nintendo Could Aquire as Wii U Exclusives  (Read 18617 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Third Party Franchises that Nintendo Could Aquire as Wii U Exclusives
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2012, 08:36:09 PM »
Miyamoto did say he could make a great FPS if he wanted to. I wouldn't mind seeing him put his money where his mouth is.
Considering he was one of the executives behind Metroid Prime, I'd say he already has  ;)

Although I think we would all like to see him handle one from the ground up. New IP. especially not a Mario Paint Ball FPS.

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2012, 09:04:20 PM »
You're not trashing the idea of a Mario Paintball FPS are you?

If Nintendo announced anything like that I would **** my pants. Then I would put on a new pair of pants and **** them too.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2012, 09:06:02 PM »
And then I'd put on your shitty pants and say, "Hey, free pants!"
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2012, 11:32:39 PM »
Miyamoto did say he could make a great FPS if he wanted to. I wouldn't mind seeing him put his money where his mouth is.

What he actually said was he had an interest in doing a first person perspective game. But it would be more about exploring an open world and wouldn't involve guns or shooting people, so it would be an FPS but minus the S.

But Nintendo really should make an FPS franchise of their own because this is the one genre they are completely lacking and missing from their franchise repertoire, and also this one is very important because it is extremely popular in the west. Ignoring a genre is fine if its a niche genre, but FPS is like THE biggest genre out there today. Its a hell of a thing to ignore, but that's exactly what Nintendo is doing. They should try to get in on this gravy train.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 11:35:20 PM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2012, 01:27:24 AM »
I was referring to the time when he said he could have made Halo.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2012, 06:08:01 AM »
Considering he was one of the executives behind Metroid Prime, I'd say he already has  ;)

But technically, Metroid Prime isn't an FPS... It's a "first-person adventure" (Nintendo's words, not mine).
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2012, 06:34:15 AM »
It's a 3D, first person version of whatever genre you want to put all the previous Metroid games in. I'm talking more of a traditional shooter.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2012, 03:42:34 PM »

What he actually said was he had an interest in doing a first person perspective game. But it would be more about exploring an open world and wouldn't involve guns or shooting people, so it would be an FPS but minus the S.

But Nintendo really should make an FPS franchise of their own because this is the one genre they are completely lacking and missing from their franchise repertoire, and also this one is very important because it is extremely popular in the west. Ignoring a genre is fine if its a niche genre, but FPS is like THE biggest genre out there today. Its a hell of a thing to ignore, but that's exactly what Nintendo is doing. They should try to get in on this gravy train.

minecraft
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2012, 09:34:18 PM »
A mario themed paintball would be awesome...I would purchase it instantly...but it couldn't be a FPS...it would need to be 3rd person, because I would want the awesome Mario platforming mechanic intact.  Just imagine...being able to run around Mario 64 style, but also try to shoot and fight off your friends. 

It would be possible with pointer controls only, and would really be a fantastic game.

That being said...I want Bomberman to be purchased by Nintendo.  Make it a party game with traditional multiplayer...online multiplayer similar to Bomberman 64, but with bigger worlds...and a focus on building bomb traps....and such.

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2012, 01:52:44 AM »
Fumito Ueda recently left Sony, imagine having the creator if Ico and Shadow of the Colossus working at Nintendo. I know thats not a third party game but at the moment he's a third party person :P

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2012, 02:07:20 PM »
Fumito Ueda recently left Sony, imagine having the creator if Ico and Shadow of the Colossus working at Nintendo. I know thats not a third party game but at the moment he's a third party person :P:

What if he started his own studio and contracted a three game deal with Nintendo for the wii U and happened to collaborate with Miyamoto on designing a game?
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2012, 08:06:45 PM »
Fumito Ueda recently left Sony, imagine having the creator if Ico and Shadow of the Colossus working at Nintendo. I know thats not a third party game but at the moment he's a third party person :P: : :

What if he started his own studio and contracted a three game deal with Nintendo for the wii U and happened to collaborate with Miyamoto on designing a game?

You guys are dreaming. Then again, Nintendo is funding and publishing Bayonetta 2 and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge...

So... anything's possible?

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2012, 08:32:38 PM »
Fumito Ueda recently left Sony, imagine having the creator if Ico and Shadow of the Colossus working at Nintendo. I know thats not a third party game but at the moment he's a third party person :P: : : :

You guys are dreaming. Then again, Nintendo is funding and publishing Bayonetta 2 and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge...

So... anything's possible?

If Nintendo wants to win this generation then they have to be agrresive. The only way to do this is to collaborate with the most talneted development studios, publishers, and individual game makers as they can and work with them to make quality games. This is what will sell the Wii U.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2012, 08:38:40 PM »
If Nintendo wants to win this generation then they have to be agrresive. The only way to do this is to collaborate with the most talneted development studios, publishers, and individual game makers as they can and work with them to make quality games. This is what will sell the Wii U.

You mean like how Sony did the exact same thing this gen and still managed to be in 3rd-place in the "console wars"? [Not that it matters. The "console wars" are superficial and only incite fanboy rage.]

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2012, 08:57:51 PM »

You mean like how Sony did the exact same thing this gen and still managed to be in 3rd-place in the "console wars"? [Not that it matters. The "console wars" are superficial and only incite fanboy rage.]

What do you mean by this?

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2012, 09:14:23 PM »

What do you mean by this?

Sony did the same thing that you mentioned regarding Nintendo. They (Sony) accquired many exclusive games by signing deals with different developers (and sometimes buying the developer outright). Despite all their efforts, Sony still didn't win the "console wars".

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2012, 11:34:46 PM »
Actually, I would say that Sony barely survived this generation because of those deals.  The PS3 was too expensive...there was little to show the benefits of it over the Xbox 360...and the 360 was getting all the big games too.  Then Sony's exclusives and 1st party games helped differentiate they system.  Imagine what might have been if Sony hadn't done that with all the blunders it did this generation.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2012, 12:08:32 AM »
Actually, I would say that Sony barely survived this generation because of those deals.  The PS3 was too expensive...there was little to show the benefits of it over the Xbox 360...and the 360 was getting all the big games too.  Then Sony's exclusives and 1st party games helped differentiate they system.  Imagine what might have been if Sony hadn't done that with all the blunders it did this generation.

Most of Sony's blunders happend in the early years of the PS3. As time went on, Sony forged bigger and better exclusive deals with developers. A few of those developers were bought out by Sony, most notably Sucker Punch  (inFamous) and Media Molecule (LittleBigPlanet).

Contrast this with Microsoft, who had some of the best exclusives in the early years of the Xbox 360, but then they completely switched focus to Kinect. Most of their exclusive deals have fallen by the wayside in favor of more Halo, Gears of War, Forza, and Kinect games. Gears of War was probably Microsoft's biggest exclusive series this gen, but they haven't done much else since.

Hopefully Microsoft will balance things out with their next system, but it's never too late to get the ball rolling now.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2012, 12:32:45 AM »
I would not call their partnership with Media Molecule big as they had never made a game before LittleBigPlanet. Same with Sucker Punch, every game they have ever made (other than the N64 game Rocket: Robot on Wheels) was for Sony. So they had been a second party since 2002.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2012, 12:42:04 AM »
I would not call their partnership with Media Molecule big as they had never made a game before LittleBigPlanet. Same with Sucker Punch, every game they have ever made (other than the N64 game Rocket: Robot on Wheels) was for Sony. So they had been a second party since 2002.

My point is, Sony has done a good job forging relationships with other developers, both internally (1st-party) and externally (2nd-party). Nintendo seems to be doing the same thing now.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2012, 12:14:06 AM »
The industry is long overdue for a new Onimusha game. Nintendo should strike a deal with Capcom to make a new Onimusha game for the Wii U as an exclusives. I really liked that series and wish for it to return in some capacity.

Nintendo should act as a middle man between Capcom and Platnium games to make a second round of the good games, but Nintendo exclusives this time around. Platnium could be contracted to develope a sequel to Okami, a third Viewtiful Joe game, and something new such as a new Strider game.

The gaming industry diserves a second round of the Capcom five:

• Dino Crisis 4
  • Killer 7 sequel (in collaboration with Suda 51)
  • Viewtiful Joe 3
  • Onimusha
  • Okami 2

Offline Tamazoid

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2012, 05:42:41 AM »
Well i'm pretty sure Kamiya said on twitter he wanted to work with Capcom again. . . .
Follow me on Twitter
Or join in at the castle

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2012, 10:18:13 PM »
The industry is long overdue for a new Onimusha game. Nintendo should strike a deal with Capcom to make a new Onimusha game for the Wii U as an exclusives. I really liked that series and wish for it to return in some capacity.

Nintendo should act as a middle man between Capcom and Platnium games to make a second round of the good games, but Nintendo exclusives this time around. Platnium could be contracted to develope a sequel to Okami, a third Viewtiful Joe game, and something new such as a new Strider game.

• Dino Crisis 4
  • Viewtiful Joe 3
  • Onimusha
  • Okami 3

Fixed. Okamiden for the DS was basically "Okami 2".

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2012, 10:46:58 PM »

• Dino Crisis 4
  • Viewtiful Joe 3
  • Onimusha
  • Okami 3

Fixed. Okamiden for the DS was basically "Okami 2".

I am refering to an actual sequel to Okami that uses the touchscreen of the Wii U to draw the paint brush markings and uses the Wii U's hardware to its fullest to deliver a very nice and crisp cel-shaded graphics for the game. Okamiden was like a sequel to the original Okami, but it was kore of a side-quel than anything else.

As a preemptive strike, Tendoboy, let's not discuss the above topic of whether it is a sequel or not in this thread.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2012, 11:25:32 PM »
Okami 3 needs to take place on her homeland like they hinted at in the first game and interviews.