Author Topic: mario kart DS SNES remake  (Read 6429 times)

Offline chain chomp

• Voted BEST by Pietriots
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
mario kart DS SNES remake
« on: October 08, 2004, 11:25:03 PM »
by the look of the screenshots mario kart could be a SNES remake what do you think  
wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
RE: mario kart DS SNES remake
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 11:30:32 PM »
It is no remake. Some of the screenshots include the Yoshi track from Double Dash. And they all have different cars. This is no remakes they jsut happend to borrow a few tracks. So I think you havent looked hard enough at the screenshots.

Also SNES Super Mario kart didn't have Wario and had Koopa Troopa instead. And the other track the ghost track is completely new, as is the figure 8.

I'm thinking that this is a whole new game.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline chain chomp

• View Profile
RE:mario kart DS SNES remake
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 11:34:41 PM »
ok this thread is now a dissuction for mario kart

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 05:00:52 AM »
Making a SNES remake of the game is unintelligent seeing as how everyone that owns the GBA game already has the snes version of the game.

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2004, 06:17:11 PM »
How could this possibly be an SNES remake? The game is in 3D for crying out loud. If anything it would be an N64 remake....But I don't think so. Judging from the screens it's a new game with stuff from all the previous Mario Karts.

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure this will be the best Mario Kart ever, in case anyone wanted to know.

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2004, 08:32:08 PM »
Don't make fun of chain chomp :'D
OUT OF DATE.

Offline MysticGohan24

• OUTSTANDING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2004, 09:03:05 PM »
Disscution? or discussion You know what I'm getting at lol.

This looks intresting... Different vehicles to chose from in SMKDS? looks like it, or is that me?
What happens, happens ~Spike Cowboy bebop

Hey Shippo your village called, they're missing their idiot. ~Inuyasha

Offline chain chomp

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2004, 01:33:37 AM »
I MADE A MISTAKE SO ITS NOT A SNES REMAKE CAN WE NOW DISSCUS MARIO KART P.S THANKS DR Z

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2004, 11:26:22 AM »
Yeah I think you can because the latest batch of screens has screens with mario driving different karts... And this is from the same batch of screens so it's not like one of them is old or anything.

Good think they kept the real karts in too though.

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
RE: mario kart DS thread. Chain Chomp is awesome.
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2004, 07:17:04 AM »
okay ladies and gentlemen, this thread is now for discussion of Mario Kart DS. which, mind you, looks pretty hot. I'm hoping there is some form of radical touch screen weaponry involved.
OUT OF DATE.

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2004, 07:23:23 AM »
Can we talk about the other topic in the title too? You know, The Chomp being awesome?

Offline chain chomp

• View Profile
RE:mario kart DS thread. Chain Chomp is awesome.
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2004, 08:04:10 AM »
i  hope you can create tracks and kart

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2004, 08:36:05 AM »
While I don't see them implementing a kart creation system I think a track design feature would be great! And with the touchpad the whole thing would be a lot easier too. You could just draw it and get the DS to smooth outh and rough bits of the drawing.
Yeah that would be cool, something all racing games, Mario Kart or not should include.

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2004, 05:39:12 PM »
As far as creating a kart goes, obviously creating a whole new model for a kart is sort of dumb for this type of game, but I hope you can at least have some options for customizing your kart. Like selecting your own color scheme, maybe have the ability to draw a logo or emblem with the stylus (like F-Zero GX but easier), and tune the kart and be able to customize how much acceleration, top speed, etc. you want.

It could be cool to have more than just the normal kart mode too. Diddy Kong Racing had hovers and planes which weren't bad.

Offline chain chomp

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2004, 12:08:45 AM »
i agree i want planes and hovers

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2004, 03:11:43 AM »
This isn't "Mario uses whatever he can get his grubby hands on," it's Mario Kart...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2004, 04:19:42 AM »
chain chomp is awesome...  I love his avatar...

chain chomp for President!
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Lost101

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2004, 06:56:31 AM »
I think painting on karts would be nice, but I wont die if they dont include it.  I will die if they dont include a track editor though, even if it is a somewhat simple one.  Cmon, with a touchscreen its such an obvious addition.  Plus it would show how good the DS is for that kind of stuff, which I am confident it will be.  
Animal Crossing Wild World code:

3608  4016  4604

Name: Fausto
Town: Tatooine

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2004, 08:44:30 AM »
It would be cool if you could target specific players on the map with certain weapons (the Purple shell is the most obvious for this).  I'm also totally into both the track editor and car painting ideas, 'tho I fear Nintendo won't implement either of those.  
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2004, 09:25:06 AM »
I really don't need to paint my Kart.  I would rather have the really neat different designed Karts than the ability to paint and put logos on the Karts.  In the game it would be hardly noticeable during the race.

A touch screen track editor with you being able to pick a backdrop would be cool.  Even if it is as basic as draw a track loop and then the programming fills in the details.  

The idea of targeting certain characters with weapons is awesome, but I can see a balancing problem.  I would like to bring back alot of the weapons from the N64 game.  I loved the massive Bananna peel lines you could make.  I thought that was one of the best weapons in the game.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2004, 09:42:53 AM »
It looks like they're not using the two people per kart thing anymore.  I thought that was kinda cool myself though they'll likely attract a wider audience with something more traditional.

My one main gripe with Mario Kart: DD was that the track design wasn't that great.  There were some really cool tracks in the higher cups but a lot of the earlier tracks seemed a little too familiar, like it wasn't really providing anything new.  For this game I would like it if they really went all out with track designs and really strived to make every track memorable and unique.  Same with the battle mode courses.  They can include an unlockable cup of favourite old tracks but the new ones should be unique and different.

I'm also hoping to see wireless play for at least up to 8 players, preferably with one cartridge (if possible).  I also would like to see a variation of battle mode where you play on the race tracks but the goal is to eliminate the other opponents.  Part of the challenge is to see if you can eliminate everyone in as short a time as possible since it's on the race track.  Some sort of SSBM style challenge mode would be cool too where you have to win races with specific objectives.  Or maybe a stunt mode like they had in Stunt Race FX.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2004, 09:52:43 AM »
Ian Sane:  I didn't think Mario Kart: DD had that bad of track design.  The later tracks were amazingly varied and stuff we had never seen or really dreamed before.  

The earlier courses were more traditional Mario Kart, but all of them had something that made them stick out.

My favorite course was the Baby Mario/Luigi course.  It was simple but it was really crazy fun.

The biggest disappointment with Mario Kart DD was the lack of battle arenas, and Battle Modes.

I hope this is corrected in the DS Mario Kart.  I hope that I have a vast selection of Battle Arenas that offer different and varied strategies to win.