Author Topic: Tank! x 3  (Read 2559 times)

Offline Miyamoto

• Only person correctly capable of predicting the Switch's demise
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
Tank! x 3
« on: February 16, 2013, 11:40:27 AM »
This game is a lot of fun and it's an excellent business model that they are using on the eshop. Shame there's no online multiplayer. Would love to smoke some of the regs and staffers from here. Anyway, check it out if you haven't already.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Tank! x 3
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 12:39:28 PM »
I waiting for Free To Play Tank Tank Tank to come to the US.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 03:36:13 PM »
I hope this comes to the US, the game does look a little fun to me (I would be more than willing to pay $10-15 for it on the eShop).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 03:25:23 PM »
I got the campaign content and the My Kong mode (since the Eurogamer review called that the only part of the game worth playing). Haven't played MK yet but I'll just keep it at hand should a spontaneous party arise.

On the matter of the campaign, one issue that reviewers pointed out is the medal grind: Beating a level with a tank for the first time gives you a medal, to get another medal for the level you need to use another tank. There are 36 levels and the last level needs 100 medals to unlock (also the last two tanks need 300 and 500 medals respectively but that makes them sound more like they just exist to give people who 100% the game some reward). The first few hurdles are more problematic, it's something like 20 medals for level 7 so you really won't get much variety when scrounging up those medals. The tanks can be leveled up for some minor benefits which at least gives you another benefit to replaying levels.

The main issue is of course the core gameplay, your tank can't aim sideways so you either drive towards/away from the enemies or you can't shoot or see them. Since maps are fairly small you can't do a constant backpedal like in Serious Sam or Earth Defense Force. Vertical aiming is automatic like in Doom (or EDF when set to simple AKA Japanese default controls) which doesn't help much when you're trying to pick the high explosive red enemies from a crowd.

Oh and you get an AI coop buddy if you play solo which can be moderately useful (especially if it rolls a stunner weapon) to really annoying (because it picks up weapon drops too and may just ninja that superweapon drop and then proceed to completely miss the enemy).

Overall it can be a bit fun for a while but it's really damn shallow, at times it feels much more like luck than skill because you can't do all that much anyway. 10€ for the TTT campaign offers less value per Euro than 40€ for EDF 2017 Portable on the Vita.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 10:03:27 AM »
So I hear this is coming out in NA eshop today. Is it freemium?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 12:40:20 PM »
I'm in the eShop for other reasons, and it does appear to be the freemium one.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 01:33:49 PM »
I'm seriously considering splurging for story and fight-giant-monster modes. I think my brother and I could get some mindless grinding fun co-op out of the game.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 12:41:26 AM »
I tried the free version. It seems like a fun but shallow single player experience.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 12:45:28 AM »
Apparently you can get 60 Club Nintendo coins for downloading even just the free part of it. It may just be an oversight by Nintendo and could be changed, but I would suggest that anyone with a Wii U download the game even if you have no interest in the game (just so you can get 60 coins).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline MisterE13

• Student of the NWR Forums
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 01:44:38 PM »
Apparently you can get 60 Club Nintendo coins for downloading even just the free part of it. It may just be an oversight by Nintendo and could be changed, but I would suggest that anyone with a Wii U download the game even if you have no interest in the game (just so you can get 60 coins).

I never got this survey. Was this eventually revealed te been a mistake?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 01:49:12 PM »
I think it indeed was a mistake, because I saw people say they got it, but then a few hours later other people didn't get it. So Nintendo must have caught the mistake and fixed it.