Author Topic: Official Club Nintendo Thread  (Read 500610 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: Official Club Nintendo Thread
« Reply #1800 on: March 01, 2015, 07:49:10 PM »
Got my CD. Haven't put it in yet.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: March 01, 2015, 09:24:52 PM »
I just got Flipnote Studio 3D too.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline RedBlue

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: March 01, 2015, 09:48:23 PM »
Has Nintendo announced when they are announcing the Platinum gifts?

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1803 on: March 01, 2015, 10:13:31 PM »
April 1.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: March 02, 2015, 12:15:20 AM »
Oh, if I were Nintendo.

On April First, announce the platinum reward as the new Zelda Wii U title.
And make it so that the servers give the various error messages that pop up when it's overloaded (i.e.: when more than two people are logged in).
Then announce... April Fools!  DSiWare Game and Watch downloads for all!
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: March 02, 2015, 05:32:46 PM »
Just got the shipping email for my Smash Bros Soundtrack.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline MisterE13

• Student of the NWR Forums
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: March 11, 2015, 11:37:30 AM »
You can try contacting Nintendo through email or a phone call and see if they'll give you a PIN for the game (might need some proof of purchase), who knows, maybe they'll give you one.

Has anybody tried doing this? I recently bought a copy of Game&Wario that I was assured was new but didn't have a Club Nintendo code.

Offline iandemel

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: March 11, 2015, 03:08:34 PM »
Hopefully the 3DS and games will push me to Platinum status this year.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: March 11, 2015, 08:45:49 PM »
I just exchanged coins for Paper Mario, Mario Kart 64, and Super Smash Bros. I almost redeemed the codes on my Wii instead of through Wii U's Wii Channel. Now, I just have to wait forever for Nintendo to launch N64 Virtual Console games on Wii U so I can pay $1.50 to not have to deal with the Wii Channel ever again.

I still have about 1000 coins left once the last two Post Play surveys show up in a few days. I may get the pouch and game case.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: March 26, 2015, 01:22:16 PM »
Welp, I noticed that I was 70 coins away from the final Platinum, and though I imagine they'll just try to foist off Game and Wario and the like again, I figured I'd take the plunge and go elite. I tried the free 3DS stuff on the guide posted here, but unfortunately none of them are giving points or surveys anymore. I bought a few cheap eShop and VC games to nickel and dime my way up, but only Gunman Clive gave a 5 point survey (and no points for the game itself). Edge isn't even showing up as registered software for some reason.

Clock ticking, I took a break a few hours ago to drop into the Gamestop at Atlantic Center in Brooklyn to pick up a few new 3DS games I was planning on getting eventually anyway to push me over the edge. I opened up Kirby Triple Deluxe and Fire Emblem Awakening at home to find no codes. Research then enlightened me to the fact that newer pressings of eligible titles no longer give coins, and it's a crapshoot as to whether anything on a shelf is pre-discontinuation or not. Doh! **** me for not looking into this ahead of time, I suppose, though a "used" copy of Rhythm Heaven Fever I bought a few months ago still had a working code.

Anyhow, I just bought $10 worth of fire sale Club Nintendo cards on eBay to put top myself off. Here's hoping the seller follows through and actually emails me the codes within the next few days.

Offline rlse9

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: March 26, 2015, 11:26:04 PM »
According to people posting over on the CAG forums, if you buy a new game that should have a club nintendo code but it doesn't have one, you can call the customer service number and they'll add the points to your account.

I somehow made it to gold this year, I'm still not sure how since the only retail games I bought were Resident Evil: Revalations and Nintendoland.  Other than that, basically all of my purchases were eshop games that were on sale.  Hopefully the gold rewards include some of the N64 games that they have up as rewards, that was next on my list if I had more coins.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: March 26, 2015, 11:48:52 PM »
whens the deadline for adding points?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: March 27, 2015, 12:11:48 AM »
March 31 is the last day to add coins. June 30 is the last day to redeem coins for rewards.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: March 29, 2015, 05:26:28 PM »
Sad day.  Earlier today, I downloaded a few eShop title to bump up my final rewards total so I could snag one last prize.  Just went into my account and did the registration surveys - and I realized, I just took my last Club Nintendo survey ever.

:~(

Oh, Club Nintendo - numerous surveys, posters, various tricks to (legitimately) maximize rewards and 13,760 coins later I feel like I hardly knew ye.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: March 29, 2015, 06:58:43 PM »
Most of these photos were already posted in this thread, but I added in three others (at the top).

http://imgur.com/gallery/YFVIQ

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: March 29, 2015, 10:57:56 PM »
I've tried to order The W101 and Earthbound 2-3 times today, and the site just sits there.

no email. doesn't show up in order history or nothing.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: March 29, 2015, 11:22:17 PM »
I'm 5 coins shy of getting to Gold status.  Too funny.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: March 30, 2015, 12:46:20 AM »
several attempts later and my purchase request still aren't going through... which means my post play surveys aren't gonna show up in time to get those few extra coins I need to obtain 1 more digital download before it's too late to earn coins.

Thanks Nintendo.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1818 on: March 30, 2015, 12:59:35 AM »
I'm 50 coins from platinum, and I still just need to call Nintendo about my Hyrule Warriors code.

Not sure if I'll make it.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: March 30, 2015, 01:32:40 AM »
Finally got the site to load for 2 minutes. got my codes and then it went down again.

It's not loading at all.  I still have 215 coins left, and plan on buying SSB and maybe one other game tomorrow.... just want enough coins to maybe get 2 more digital games .

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1820 on: March 30, 2015, 07:06:39 AM »
VC stuff isn't going to count, FYI. That ship sailed Tuesday night.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: March 30, 2015, 10:30:25 AM »

I lucked out!  Forgot my wife got Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright.  I'm now over!  now just need to figure out what to spend my 580 coins on.  My only concern now is i'll spend all my coins on games that'll end up being the gold tier rewards anyway...

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: March 30, 2015, 12:09:14 PM »

I lucked out!  Forgot my wife got Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright.  I'm now over!  now just need to figure out what to spend my 580 coins on.  My only concern now is i'll spend all my coins on games that'll end up being the gold tier rewards anyway...

Easy answer: don't spend your coins until the Gold prizes are revealed.
You have weeks after the prizes are revealed to spend coins, so don't be in a rush.  :)
NNID: ejamer

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: March 30, 2015, 02:25:05 PM »

Easy answer: don't spend your coins until the Gold prizes are revealed.
You have weeks after the prizes are revealed to spend coins, so don't be in a rush.  :)

Didn't know that, thanks!  Makes it a lot easier to avoid duplication. 

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: March 30, 2015, 03:51:21 PM »
Didn't know that, thanks!  Makes it a lot easier to avoid duplication.

Important dates to keep in mind:

3/31/2015 - Last day to earn coins
4/xx/2015 - Elite status rewards available (not entirely clear what day, but assumption is start of month)
6/30/2015 - Last day to redeem coins

Source:  http://club2.nintendo.com/program-notice/
NNID: ejamer