Author Topic: Splatoon!! WELCOME - TO DYE!  (Read 131816 times)

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Splatoon!! WELCOME - TO DYE!
« Reply #400 on: July 05, 2015, 12:32:53 AM »
The T-shirt was available earlier in the week to use so you can level that piece of gear up before the event.

As for the timing of the event being over 24 hours on the 4th of July, I thought it was cute to jam a festival to a holiday. Then again, I'm of the mind that you can play a little bit and not feel pressured to progress deeply in to the ranks of the event.

I do wonder what the rewards table will turn out for those that choose to play only for a little bit. I have had my fun ranking up twice and I don't have too much gear to modify with the Super Sea Snails.

Online broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 05, 2015, 08:57:08 AM »
Final results:

The final score was a culmination of your team's popularity and how many matches your side won.

Popularity: 38% Cats, 62% Dogs.
Matches Won: 51% Cats, 49% Dogs.

The "Matches won" stat had a x2 multiplyer for both sides, but Team Dog won Splatfest 140-160.

And those 24 Super Sea Snails I got for being the highest rank will come in handy over time.

I wonder how things would have shaped out if people actually liked cats. I spent seemingly half of Splatfest matched up against fellow Dog Teams, which Nintendo said don't count for Matches Won.

After checking the results, I tried to actually play the new Tower mode, but OF COURSE I CAN'T because Nintendo can't be bothered to have more than 2 queues active at once. We're back to Splat Zones right now, and the  map rotation's back down to 2. *sigh*
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 08:59:11 AM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 05, 2015, 09:34:32 AM »
I had no idea about the T-shirt being available in the week before, but Nintendo didn't put out any information about it. Also, a piece of gear that is returned after use is a waste of my time.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 05, 2015, 11:22:18 AM »
Only played for 2 hours before going out, but I got to Dog Champion and got my 16 snails. Will be re-rolling some of my gear for sure.

Inkbrushes are very powerful on Turf War games, I'm surprised I didn't see more of them yesterday. They cover tons of ground, and while they're not very good on close combat, the handling allows you to quickly get out of hairy situations. The sprinkler sub is also very handy when used well. It's basically my go-to weapon on Turf War now.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 05, 2015, 01:39:46 PM »
Going back to casual Turfwars during Splatfest is quite a shock -- in Ranked i was at least somewhat protected against terrible teammates. Now i am at full mercy of matchmaking which might as well make me the only 20 level in a team.

At least winning or losing doesn't really matter -- you get points either way.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #405 on: July 05, 2015, 03:51:43 PM »
Ah, I only got 5 Super Sea Snails for ranking up twice in the Cats team. I already used three of them to add slots to gear I like the look of.

It took a short while for the cat teams I was in to find a dog team. The matches rolled out at a good clip.

Judging from recent sentiment in this thread, the August updates can't come soon enough as some players are tiring of the Puzzle & Dragon/Free-to-play mobile game-esque limited schedule. My bet is that the August custom matches will have some sort of bone-headed mistake in them; either we won't be able to earn any coin or experience or the options will be far more limited than expected.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 06, 2015, 01:00:59 AM »
The Data Miners did find a set of select menus for all 3 of the ranked battle modes, so 300 years from now when Nintendo gets the netcode squared away they'll be prepared to allow you to chose a ranked match, see and people say Nintendo doesn't think ahead. :D

Only played for 2 hours before going out, but I got to Dog Champion and got my 16 snails. Will be re-rolling some of my gear for sure.

Inkbrushes are very powerful on Turf War games, I'm surprised I didn't see more of them yesterday. They cover tons of ground, and while they're not very good on close combat, the handling allows you to quickly get out of hairy situations. The sprinkler sub is also very handy when used well. It's basically my go-to weapon on Turf War now.
I got cat champion and I only got 8... seriously?

Judging from recent sentiment in this thread, the August updates can't come soon enough as some players are tiring of the Puzzle & Dragon/Free-to-play mobile game-esque limited schedule. My bet is that the August custom matches will have some sort of bone-headed mistake in them; either we won't be able to earn any coin or experience or the options will be far more limited than expected.
I for one am waiting for Nintendo to release the N-Zap 89... I may or may not have peeked at the alleged sub and special from the data mining biz.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 06, 2015, 02:37:06 AM »
You got 8 because you cat peasants lost...

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 06, 2015, 04:35:25 AM »
Oh right, the data mining also revealed the details on Rainmaker. It's basically a Deliver-The-Bomb with one very heavy bomb spawning in the middle. Of course, the "bomb" is a traditional Japanese fish statue whose proper name escapes me at the moment.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #409 on: July 06, 2015, 07:27:18 AM »
I got cat champion and I only got 8... seriously?

Pfft, peasant. Befitting a piece of cat royalty, I got 18.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 06, 2015, 07:52:42 AM »
Going back to casual Turfwars during Splatfest is quite a shock -- in Ranked i was at least somewhat protected against terrible teammates. Now i am at full mercy of matchmaking which might as well make me the only 20 level in a team.

At least winning or losing doesn't really matter -- you get points either way.
I see. Too unskilled to be a team leader, yet skilled enough to proclaim yourself not a "casual".

Hm. Maybe I should save my smack talk for August.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 01:42:35 AM by Evan_B »

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 09, 2015, 03:25:25 PM »
I messed around with the Sploosh-O-Matic. It has some potential, but I think I was just terrible today. I raised my ranking to B- (90), then proceeded to lose 6 matches in a row. Tower Control switch saved me, but it was a bloodbath.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 09, 2015, 10:04:58 PM »
Tomorrow...

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 10, 2015, 12:35:04 PM »
Been playing the heck out of this game the past two nights with friends in a pass-the-controller fashion. Good fun.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline MrPhishfood

• Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 11, 2015, 10:30:46 PM »
I have 140 hours in Splatoon, Ranked A+ 99, I have over 2000 confirmed kills. Ask me anything noobs.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 12, 2015, 02:02:05 AM »
Why would you go on the internet to tell lies?

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 12, 2015, 05:03:01 AM »
Favorite weapons? Most used (ink points) weapon?

I've been bouncing between Shooters, avoiding being a tryhard with an Aerospray. Using a Blaster on Tower Control is frighteningly effective.

Offline MrPhishfood

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 12, 2015, 07:08:25 PM »
Favorite weapons? Most used (ink points) weapon?
I've been bouncing between Shooters, avoiding being a tryhard with an Aerospray. Using a Blaster on Tower Control is frighteningly effective.
Nothing wrong with the Aerospray, I've got a good 80,000 points on it. Can be one of the most annoying weapons to fight against if handled properly.

I guess my favourite weapon would be the .96 Gal, I have around 250,000 ink points on it. Second is the Dual Squelcher with around 120,000. I counted up all the ink points for all my weapons and it totals around 900,000

and then there's this guy I came across.

Needless to say this inkling was very effective with this weapon on turf wars which is why I exited the game to check out her profile.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 07:13:43 PM by MrPhishfood »

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 12, 2015, 08:50:45 PM »
I can certainly respect a good .96 Gal player. It's my weapon of choice.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 13, 2015, 01:04:12 AM »
I have 140 hours in Splatoon, Ranked A+ 99, I have over 2000 confirmed kills. Ask me anything noobs.

I want detailed spreadsheets or this is all BS.

Offline MrPhishfood

• View Profile
« Reply #420 on: July 13, 2015, 08:02:26 AM »
I want detailed spreadsheets or this is all BS.

Unfortunately Splatoon does not keep track of kills so I'm kind of lying there. Though thinking on it now it might be over 2000.

Here's my Miiverse post from 6th of May

I'll update this post with a more recent screenshot later. I have a million in gold now.

From my Miiverse post - UPDATE:

Not that hard to reach if you play a lot of ranked. You get a maximum of 4500 in gold for winning in A+. I would have more gold but I already spent a half million in slots before the first Splatfest.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 03:52:48 PM by MrPhishfood »

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #421 on: July 19, 2015, 01:09:12 AM »
Splatfest II: Thrills, Chills, Splats results:

Popularity 54-46 Water Slides
Wins 53-47 Coasters
Final score: Coasters 152, Waterslides 148
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Online broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 19, 2015, 01:16:12 AM »
Good. Now maybe people will shut the **** up about Dogs winning the last Splatfest in spite of losing slightly more matches.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 19, 2015, 01:38:56 AM »
I played with some pretty damn incompetent Water Slide teams, which was frustrating, especially after going hard and winning a number of games.

The results don't surprise me.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 19, 2015, 02:16:39 AM »
The servers really started acting up when I was playing. It reached the point where I'd bad so many crashed games or 3v4 games (against my favor) that it became impossible for me to be able to reach royalty before the splatfest ended.

Oh and I'm going to start savescumming rerolls about now, just an FYI.