Author Topic: wtf is happening to the DS????  (Read 31677 times)

Offline mT3

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
wtf is happening to the DS????
« on: March 10, 2005, 09:02:27 PM »
can someone please tell me why the PSP is continuously F#@$# smashing the DS in weekly sales in japan??? wtf, each week the PSP has sold 20 thousand more units, WTF Is happening!!???

RE: wtf is happening to the DS????
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 09:14:13 PM »
The DS isn't the new gameboy so don't worry the next gameboy will mop the floor with the PSP (or PWNE it).
LUIGI PWNS YOU!!!!!

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 09:17:25 PM »
PSP has graphics

Offline mT3

• View Profile
RE:wtf is happening to the DS????
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 09:22:34 PM »
yes it has graphics and costs alot more. WTF nintendo owns the handheld market, and sony are about to take that away from them, just like they took the console market. Do nintendo just collapse with competition or something???

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005, 09:29:57 PM »
Nintendo DS is doing fine, but apparently lots of people see PSP as good value, so they are buying it, which means PSP is also doing fine! Both systems can co-exist! PSP is still riding it's launch hype, DS sold a CRAPLOAD at launch in Japan, so much that it's over the honeymoon period now, the PSP is still in it's honeymoon period.

DS is still ahead of PSP by lots, and it's going to take PSP a year to catch up to DS in Japan alone if both systems keep selling at the same rate they are now for the rest of the year, and I can 100% gaurantee you they won't. Watch what happens once the first screens and info of Pokemon Pearl / Diamond is shown, when Jump Superstars releases, when Mario Kart DS releases, when Super Mario Bros DS releases, when the first free online game is out. I really can't think of any aces PSP has up it's sleeves...

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2005, 09:47:38 PM »
PSP lets the Japanese watch hentai on the train. DS does not.

Offline mT3

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2005, 09:48:20 PM »
I soo dearly hope you are right mario.

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2005, 10:29:13 PM »
What is there to hope for? He's telling the truth.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2005, 02:39:57 AM »
There are no good games excluding launch game, so the userbase has no reason to expand.

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2005, 04:41:25 AM »
look at the game sales.   sony is getting destroyed week in and week out in game sales.  don't forget that Nintendo is now servicing 3 areas of the world and not just 1 like sony is.  and nintendo is also getting ready to launch in a fourth area of the world.  don't get your panties in a knot yet.  

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2005, 05:39:18 AM »
When Mario Kart comes out you'll see systems fly off the shelves.

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2005, 06:09:16 AM »
As a testimony....I have yet to buy a DS, but since the news broke about DS online, and more importantly, Mario Kart Online....I can safely say that once that game releases, I will be a DS owner.
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2005, 06:21:28 AM »
Where is everybody getting this Mario Kart Online from?
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2005, 06:33:52 AM »
Fantasy Land...Though at least it makes sense, considering that Mario Kart would be the most popular online game outside of Pokemon...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Avinash_Tyagi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2005, 06:35:57 AM »
The MK online is speculation.

As for sales the DS continues to kill the PSP in software sales, while still enjoying over a million+ lead in hardware sales in Japan alone.

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2005, 06:55:22 AM »
Ya, I realize that Mario Kart Online is speculation, but Nintendo already included LAN in the Gamecube version. Also, considering this comes out sopposedly after the online "infrastructure" is setup, I think it's safe to assume, even if no official word has been said.  

Offline mT3

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2005, 10:44:48 AM »
WTf are you guys talking about, mario kart online isnt a speculation. Didnt you guys read Iwata's keynote speech at the GDC conference?!!! he said the DS will be online by the second half of this year, and mario kart online and animal crossing online will be released aroudn that time! if you want the source....

http://ds.ign.com/articles/594/594933p1.html

Offline Avinash_Tyagi

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2005, 10:56:08 AM »
He never actually said that MK will be online, until its confirmed its only speculation.

Offline Slew

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2005, 12:01:03 PM »
Can someone link me to the latest info on DS and PSP sales? I've been looking around, and all I can find are older charts.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2005, 12:54:42 PM »
Slew - check out the last post on page 6 of this thread by ruby_onyx (assuming you are set at 20 posts per page) for Japanese numbers.  I haven't seen US numbers for the DS in quite some time.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Slew

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2005, 04:26:30 PM »
Thanks.

So according to those numbers, both consoles have been losing sales in recent weeks, but PSP is coming out 10-20 thousand more. Overall though (since launch), DS has got almost exactly twice as many sales.

And like Mario said, the PSP doesn't have much more to offer, but DS still has a whole lot of exciting new features and games.

Nintendo isn't going to give up the handheld market that easily.

Offline Babyboy8100

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2005, 09:46:43 PM »
you know what guys i bet when nintendo shows a version of zelda 3d on the DS or the new mario game and has its online all set up DS is going to look alot more Sexy is in it.... but then again psp has their killer app GTA5? when are they going to stop milking it already i played gta3 and vice city and it just doesnt quite fill gameplay experience that i look for well maybe for about 2 minutes as i steal 1 car then kill some one then repeat for 1 minute more then i press the off button....

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2005, 11:13:35 PM »
A 3d Zelda...oh please no! I'd rather have a 4 sword type game, online or not. Mario? Mario Online? I doubt it, actually I'll go farther and say that it'll never happen. Mario is a single player experience, always has been. You might point me to Zelda, but Zelda's always been about puzzles and such, while Mario is a platformer. It wouldn't make sense really. Anyways, Nintendo needs to give some thought on what titles they should release online. ... .....hahahahaa I couldn't type that with a straight face . It's so freaking obvious.

Nintendo's online scheme:

Animal Crossing----check
Pokemon--------check
SSB---------------check
Mario Kart-------check
Advance Wars----check
Metriod Hunters----check
F-Zero (30 player races...*drools*)------check
Other Mario Spin-off games----------check
Starfox (reminicent of N64)--------check
WaveRace--------------check
Diddy Kong Racing (Ya you heard me...best...racer...ever)-----check

That's just Nintendo alone

If even a third of those were made, I think the DS could sell like hot cakes. Not to mention, third party support would highten after develope kits are handed out. Imagine an RTS, FF: CC or or...Fire Emblem *drools*.

Offline TMW

• The Man Whore, if you're wondering.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2005, 07:52:49 AM »
Warcraft DS would be awesome.

...just a thought.  
Jesus saves! Everyone else, roll for damage.<BR><BR>Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not an invisible monster about to eat your face off.

Offline jakeOSX

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2005, 10:53:00 AM »
so i know i am coming late to the party.

world of warcraft ds. gimmie. let me play WoW anywhere. and heaven help me, i will.