Gaming Forums > General Gaming

Who has the internet Adaptor?

(1/2) > >>

3_MaSteRPIeCE:
I was just wondering how it is hooked up.

cause i have broadband internet on my computer.  Do's it come with a plug that i connect between my pc modem and gcn? or with my pc and gcn?

Mingesium:
it uses ethernet. You would have to unplug the computer and connect the GCN to the modem using ethernet cable. You can also get a router so you plug the computer and gcn into the router and the router to the modem.

3_MaSteRPIeCE:
Hey thanks a bunch!

man.. my tv is all the way upstairs and my family pc is all the way downstairs.

aoi tsuki:
The other solution is to connect a wireless router to your computer downstairs, and to connect a wireless ethernet bridge to your Gamecube. Both of these will run you around $200 (together).

Our cable line is downstairs in our house as well. i haven't gotten the wireless ethernet bridge yet, but my mom has her iBook connected wirelessly and has access throughout the house (and through the backyard).  

A possibly cheaper solution would be to get the modem adapter, and PSO through dialup. i played a few games through dialup and there's no major difference, though i'd recommend going wireless if at all possible.

BlkPaladin:
Or you can get a long Ethernet cord and a drill and use some low level carpentry skills.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version