Author Topic: Who has the internet Adaptor?  (Read 6042 times)

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Who has the internet Adaptor?
« on: February 02, 2003, 07:45:40 PM »
I was just wondering how it is hooked up.

cause i have broadband internet on my computer.  Do's it come with a plug that i connect between my pc modem and gcn? or with my pc and gcn?
Money for war but not enough to feed the poor - TuPac

Offline Mingesium

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2003, 07:49:37 PM »
it uses ethernet. You would have to unplug the computer and connect the GCN to the modem using ethernet cable. You can also get a router so you plug the computer and gcn into the router and the router to the modem.

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2003, 07:57:19 PM »
Hey thanks a bunch!

man.. my tv is all the way upstairs and my family pc is all the way downstairs.
Money for war but not enough to feed the poor - TuPac

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2003, 04:35:00 AM »
The other solution is to connect a wireless router to your computer downstairs, and to connect a wireless ethernet bridge to your Gamecube. Both of these will run you around $200 (together).

Our cable line is downstairs in our house as well. i haven't gotten the wireless ethernet bridge yet, but my mom has her iBook connected wirelessly and has access throughout the house (and through the backyard).  

A possibly cheaper solution would be to get the modem adapter, and PSO through dialup. i played a few games through dialup and there's no major difference, though i'd recommend going wireless if at all possible.
"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2003, 08:42:45 PM »
Or you can get a long Ethernet cord and a drill and use some low level carpentry skills.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2003, 03:40:29 PM »
...which i wouldn't recommend unless you knew what you were doing. Assuming you cut the power off in your house first, you could still damage electrical wiring, which could lead to electrocution or fire. And if the cable's gonna be there for any lengh of time, it needs to be inspected to make sure it's up to code.
"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."