Gaming Forums > General Gaming

Coverage of E3

(1/2) > >>

Matt:
I've never covered E3 by actually going to LA (or Atlanta where it was like 5 years ago).

What's it like to actually be there, though?

Is it a hard event to cover, and do you spend all your time being extremly busy?  I would imagine so.

RickPowers:
Last year, I got to play so few games, it was almost CRIMINAL.  I was very busy running around getting footage, getting to appointments, herding the cats ...

Still, there's nothing like it.  It's quite a spectacle.  Seeing early versions of games can be a double-edged sword though, especially when you see something that is so early, it really shouldn't have been there.  I'm having a very hard time getting the negative first impression of Wario World out of my head.

Matt:
Did you ever go to the Altanta E3?

How did that compare to LA?

StrikerObi:

Originally posted by: RickPowers
Last year, I got to play so few games, it was almost CRIMINAL.  I was very busy running around getting footage, getting to appointments, herding the cats ...

Still, there's nothing like it.  It's quite a spectacle.  Seeing early versions of games can be a double-edged sword though, especially when you see something that is so early, it really shouldn't have been there.  I'm having a very hard time getting the negative first impression of Wario World out of my head.
--- End quote ---

The cats?!??!! WTF? Is that your new nickname for the staff?

As for Wario World, I agree. They said they showed it to get feedback so it would be a really good game but I'm still questioning if that was a good idea. Sure, maybe they got their feedback so the game will be good. But they also showed off a really early game and probably gave lots of people bad first impressions (myself included).

Sean:
I believe, given my long love for and history with Treasure (from Konami on up, of course) that however flawed the game may end up being, it will have that delicious Treasure-nougat center.  ALL Treasure games, even the bad ones, have this inherent joy in them, even if it's in only a single aspect of the gameplay.  In a worst-case scenario, the game will be an interesting let-down.  I can't imagine this actually happening however, even though I realize I wasn't there to actually see it and play it firsthand.  It's just faith, baby.  Faith.  Treasure won't blow this chance.

Or they will and we'll all live anyway.  ;-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version