Gaming Forums > General Gaming

Shocktober 2021: Just in time for Metroid Dread.

<< < (2/5) > >>

Khushrenada:
I just wrapped up Return of the Obra Dinn on Sunday. Mark me down as having participated and finished a game for this event. Not sure if we're doing a tally for this or not....

TOPHATANT123:
I had to rack my brain for any unplayed horror game I own, but I found one. Silent Hill, I purchased this during the PS3 store closure rush. Never played anything in this series, it's a shame the other games sound like they don't have great ways to play them anymore. Konami could have just released 2, 3 & 4 on PSN the same as 1, but that boat has well and truly sailed now.

Luigi Dude:
Well I recently finished Super Hydorah which was a pretty awesome indie shoot-em-up that was a great homage to Gradius.  Not exactly a horror game, but some of the levels did have a creepy atmosphere to them and it was pretty challenging at times.  Plus there's floating skulls you have to avoid in the room before you fight the final boss, so I'd say I could legally get this considered a Shocktober game.

I also played some of the Dragon's Lair Trilogy on the Switch today.  This was my first time experiencing the first Dragon's Lair, and it was interesting.  It could count as a Shocktober game since you're in a creepy castle fighting monsters and constantly getting killed.  The main character is constantly getting turned into a skeleton from all the death I got and since skeletons are spooky, it fits the theme very well.

I'm basically just been playing shorter experiences because I want to be ready for Metroid Dread this Friday.

M.K.Ultra:
I just completed The Mummy: Demastered on Switch. Overall this is WayForward at their best. I really enjoyed the sprite work, music, and horror theme. The game is pretty short, which I also like. You could probably beat it in a single night if you wanted to. I spend about 10 hours getting 100% on items and the map. Definitely recommended if you like the developers other games or indie metroidvanias.

You may be wondering why I would not just play Metroid Dread. I ordered it from dailysteals to get a discount and it is getting sent through USPS and I am supposed to finally get it tomorrow. I am surprised to see some of you having completed it already. I will probably be chewing on that one for the rest of the month.

M.K.Ultra:
I have been playing a lot of Metroid Dread, but I think I will finish it before the month is up so I will wait until then to comment. Fallout 4 on the other hand may not even get finished this year. I am playing on PS4 and I only picked it up because it was $5. My only other experience with Bethesda games is that I am playing Skyrim, which I only picked up because it was VR. I was glad to see that I could switch the view to 3rd person, as I don't really like the 1st person perspective in 3d games. The sci-fi story is decent enough to keep me playing but there is more fighting/shooting than I would prefer. There are lots of scary creatures so this is a good Shocktober game. The difficulty seems a little steep so I am thinking I am either expected to grind some (it is an "RPG" after all) or there is something I am missing in terms of finding good weapons. Expert tips are welcome :)

Also, I am planning on playing some Luigi's Mansion 3 multiplayer on Tuesday October 26 in the evening. I will post info here and in the Discord (under Multiplayer Chat) if anyone wants to join me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version