Community Forums > NWR Mafia Games

Mafia LXXXV: Metroid Dread. Game Over! Postgame Breakdown and Analysis Thread.

<< < (8/8)

TheFleece:
Just want to thank everyone for a good game. I was asked by Khush to join and it wasn’t clear to me that the sign up date had passed. I thought I would be a regular townie, but picture me waking up surprised to find out I’m The Deleter. My home life has been a mess so trying to understand my role was tough, but I tried my best. Sorry to everyone if I messed up your vote or was late on some messages. Unfortunately I realized I’ve got too much of a heart and began wondering if I could execute precise hits to ensure no one had to die needlessly, but that didn’t work and the only hit we put out bore fruitless results. I think I played too soft though and might consider a different strategy for the future.

ejamer:

--- Quote from: BeautifulShy on April 07, 2020, 08:24:27 PM ---I am geninuely curious if anybody used my notes after I died?

--- End quote ---

I looked at them... but didn't do much of anything after you died.

Mop it up:

--- Quote from: Steefosaurus on April 07, 2020, 01:57:11 PM ---Whew, way too close for comfort! No way we would've won without Pokepal and BShy outing themselves, or GK taking out TheFleece.
--- End quote ---
Don't sell yourself short, you did well!

--- Quote from: Mr. Bungle on April 07, 2020, 05:58:44 PM ---Overall my strategy was to act like a townie (obviously). This is tough as I strive to be honest in real life. I really felt bad for lying to Rabicle. I think I prefer to be a townie in these games.
--- End quote ---
I'm feeling generous so I'll give you a tip: one of the ways to act like a townie is to be consistent with your behavior from past games where you actually were. As an example, in this game you didn't put out a vote during day 1 or 2, which is unusual based on how you played the previous games, and this is part of the reason I suspected you as Mafia.

--- Quote from: BeautifulShy on April 07, 2020, 08:24:27 PM ---I am geninuely curious if anybody used my notes after I died?

--- End quote ---
I may or may not have...

Luigi Dude:
I should clear this up, the reason I voted for myself wasn't because I wanted to leave the game, it was because I figured I was about to be voted out anyway so it was a curve ball to hopefully make everyone wonder why I would be doing that.

My name had been mentioned since Day 2 and on Day 4 I was the 3rd most voted on that day.  On Day 5, Mop it up and Lucario were already voting for me early on so I figured there was a good chance a bandwagon against me could form.  Of course even if I wasn't voted out, Dark Samus had the ability to hit two people that night, and the mafia had a hit as well, so I figured there was a good chance I was getting eliminated that day either way.

So basically I decided to just get in there early and vote for myself, that way the other townies might question jumping on a bandwagon with someone who's trying to eliminate themselves.  And this way, Dark Samus or the mafia wont hit me since they might be hoping to set me up by making the townies think I'm doing a double bluff.  Or they might think I'm one of the important roles trying to trick others, so they'd waste a hit on me thinking they got Mother Brain or Kraid, but then finding out it was actually just a regular townie so the others would have been saved.

The reason I didn't post after that is because nobody was mentioning my name during the day so I figured I'd lay low and if someone did vote for me I would have just shown up to vote for myself again to maybe cause more confusion.  Of course the irony is I almost made it to the very end, and I wasn't eliminated by the vote, the mafia or Dark Samus so my plan kind of worked.  It was the Omega Pirate that got me, which is a role I completely forgot about since there was no Town Vigilante in the last game I played so I didn't even think about that.

It's always the thing you least expect that gets you. :)

RABicle:

--- Quote from: Mr. Bungle on April 07, 2020, 05:58:44 PM ---I really felt bad for lying to Rabicle. I think I prefer to be a townie in these games. Anyway, I thought that if I was a townie I would do whatever I could to support Kraid and the vote tying so that is what I did. I don't know how suspicious it was but I think by day 5 the townie alliance was just too strong. The only person that actually reached out to me individually was Rabicle. Thanks for sticking up for me Rab! Hopefully next time we are on the same side.

--- End quote ---
Haha, it's all in the game. I was jsut drawn to the idea of a workers union for space pirates. What a novel concept, to organise pirates. Also that you were jsut blatently rocking a Space Pirate sprite like me. Your mirroring of me on Day 4 was pretty good because Lucario was convinced I was mafia and begging the otehr townies to eliminate me but eventually they investigated me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version