Community Forums > NWR Mafia Games

Mafia LXXXV: Metroid Dread. Game Over! Postgame Breakdown and Analysis Thread.

<< < (6/8) > >>

Khushrenada:
Day 7, of course, was the wrap-up. MASB investigated GK and got the confirmation that he was Dark Samus and the townie alliance finished their job most likely unaware that they just about lost it in Day 6 with some of their choices.

That's the recap on the host side showing a bit of how things came together and being the one person watching the game progress without the fog of war and what all the various orders and decisions coming in meant.

It is late now so I am going to bed but I do want to post a little bit more about some of my thoughts on what I wanted to do with this game and how things turned out both expected and unexpectedly. Even if I may have covered some things in the breakdown of moves, by all means, throw in your two cents as I would like to see all the perspectives from the players on their feelings of the game and rules and roles.

Wah:
I seem to recall dead thread saying how good the doctor was hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ShyGuy:
That was fun!

that Baby guy:

--- Quote from: Lucario on April 07, 2020, 03:15:11 AM ---I seem to recall dead thread saying how good the doctor was hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

--- End quote ---

Did you really? On day 2 I pegged you as the doctor and BeautifulShy as Samus. Unfortunately, I was dead, so I couldn't do anything about it. There weren't any other roles I figured out, but determining two just by watching actions unfold and without being part of the mix isn't all that bad.

As for me, not much to say, but I didn't really trust Pokepal completely. The easiest way to resolve the problem was said mass vote out. The funny thing about the Metroid, as was pointed out at times, is that as long as it stays out of the Samuses' hands, it doesn't matter which side had it. By the end of the game, the winning team would be holding on to it anyway, just by having to kill the other side.

And like RAB said. Why would the mafia choose to investigate vs. Not making a hit? The only reason I can see is to feign inactivity, but since there was an alternative to not making a hit, it did not come across as inactivity. Definitely a bad move there.

I've got to say, extreme kudos to Steefosaurus. Some very nice choices were made. Good job!

Mop it up:
Thanks for hosting Khushrenada, I know a lot of work went into this! Sorry it was kind of a rocky game.

I'm curious if GK thought ShyGuy and I were the ones with the roles and that's why he went for us first. In some ways it sort of worked out for him, as I definitely would have been pushing to take him out instead of Luigi Dude on that day. Of the three I thought him most likely to be Dark Samus.

This game had a lot going on in private messages, so the rest of us had more influence than it might seem just watching the day thread. So no MVP voting from me as it undermines the efforts of the team as a whole.

I was actually kind of rooting for Dark Samus to run away with the W by the end of things. It would serve some of you right for trying to cheat! ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version