Community Forums > NWR Mafia Games

Mafia LXXXV: Metroid Dread. Day 3.

<< < (2/11) > >>

Khushrenada:

--- Quote from: BeautifulShy on March 29, 2020, 12:33:52 AM ---Khushrenada can you tell us if the second kill on Pokepal was from Dark Samus or the Federation?

--- End quote ---

I was thinking of this from Day 2:

--- Quote from: Khushrenada on March 26, 2020, 03:36:18 PM ---There may be some vagueness about player survival at night. The only thing I'll say is that a person was targeted during the night but survived and leave it at that. Whether the player targeting the survivor is a Samus, Mafia leader or Vigilante will be a bit unknown but might be figured out if one of the other factions has a successful hit mentioned in the Announcement post.

--- End quote ---

However, on review, I see that the vagueness should only pertain to protection not a case where the target died from earlier in the day such as the vote. Therefore, I will update the Announcement post but will also mention it here that the failed pokepal148 hit was by Dark Samus.

As to your posting about a quicker Night Action period, it is true that I mentioned that I may launch the next day sooner if orders are in earlier than later. Yet, there's a caveat that it does not mean I will automatically due so. I may have the orders in early and still wait the full 12 hour period. Truthfully, I did want to wait until the 12 hours because I knew from my schedule that I would rather have the day end in 48 hours at the same time Day 3 launched because it would be more convenient for me at that time. Now, that doesn't mean some players couldn't have still waited until near the end of the Night Action period to send in their orders like is being theorized. But I knew from yesterday that I was going to wait the full 12 hour period to start Day 3 so basing a vote on when I launch a Day or end a Night Period is shaky ground and not the most ironclad deduction. I claim host privilege for deciding when that will happen.

ejamer:

--- Quote from: BeautifulShy on March 29, 2020, 12:33:52 AM ---Khushrenada can you tell us if the second kill on Pokepal was from Dark Samus or the Federation?

--- End quote ---

From earlier posts, I don't think he can and that seems ok.

However, since mafia can take useful night actions without attempting a hit and Dark Samus can't, it seems pretty reasonable to make an assumption here. (Otherwise we're dealing with an inactive bounty hunter, which works just as well for the townies, so I'm ok with that too.)

Oof - and I see that Khushrenada just posted to confirm it was Dark Samus.

BeautifulShy:

--- Quote ---As to your posting about a quicker Night Action period, it is true that I mentioned that I may launch the next day sooner if orders are in earlier than later. Yet, there's a caveat that it does not mean I will automatically due so. I may have the orders in early and still wait the full 12 hour period. Truthfully, I did want to wait until the 12 hours because I knew from my schedule that I would rather have the day end in 48 hours at the same time Day 3 launched because it would be more convenient for me at that time. Now, that doesn't mean some players couldn't have still waited until near the end of the Night Action period to send in their orders like is being theorized. But I knew from yesterday that I was going to wait the full 12 hour period to start Day 3 so basing a vote on when I launch a Day or end a Night Period is shaky ground and not the most ironclad deduction. I claim host privilege for deciding when that will happen
--- End quote ---

Well you are no fun.   I still stand by my post at least on the factor of inactivity the first two days for Lucario and Rabicle.

RABicle:
Is BeautifulShy's cluelessness around the rules a double bluff? I'm going to say no.

ejamer:
I normally vote early looking for a reaction... but want to think things over first this time.

However, after a stressful end to Day 2, I'm pretty satisfied with the results. The Metroid is hidden again, and if Kraid dies at the hands of a bounty hunter (which would result in a huge power-up) we'll know pretty much right away. I like those results.

That said, 2 of 2 losses so far have been townies. That trend has to stop.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version