Author Topic: Mafia XLVIII: DC Universe. Dead Thread. Series Cancelled.  (Read 51994 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia XLVIII: DC Universe. Dead Thread. Series Cancelled.
« on: February 22, 2011, 12:31:49 AM »
or "Just wait. In a year or two, I'll be back." You see, because characters that are killed in comics often don't stay dead long. You don't get it? Oh.

This is where the dead players come to whine and plead to be brought back in the game and complain about the poor sportsmanship of others.

If you give away info or are still trying to influence the game while dead, the hosts will take the appropriate actions needed to resolve the situation. Also, you'll hurt your chances for a prize.

With that, feel free to post.

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XLVIII: DC Universe. Dead Thread. Series Cancelled.
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 12:52:50 AM »
Because he can just upload his consciousness into another computer. And I'm sure he has back-up files of himself as well. Easy question. Here's a tougher one. Why hasn't anyone killed the Joker yet? It doesn't have to be Batman. It could be another criminal. It could be a fed-up regular joe. Why has no one been able to touch him?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 12:56:54 AM »
If you go by Return of the Joker - the Joker just uploaded his consciousness into another person. ;)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 12:57:32 AM »
Who would want to be known for murdering a clown?  Not any self-respecting villain I can think of.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 01:04:08 AM »
Every time I check the Mafia forum I'm expecting to see the next day up. So far I am disapointed...
Edit:nevermind looks like the second after I posted the above this it shows up.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 01:05:08 AM »
Deal with it.  Night actions just hit their deadline.  There's no way we're going to have the actual thread up that quickly.  It takes time to handle everything.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 01:07:29 AM »
Who would want to be known for murdering a clown?  Not any self-respecting villain I can think of.

That's true. It reminds me of a story once. Hitler and Himmler were having lunch and getting into a bit of an arguement. So Hitler suddenly turned and spoke to one of the restaurant patrons. "I want you to know something," he shouted, "I'm going to kill 1 million jews and a clown!" The patron, who was startled, yet proud that the Furher choose to speak to him, stammered, "I, uh, but, uh why a clown?" With that, Hitler turned back to Himmler with a triumphant look on his face and waving his hands in the air said, "You see. I told you no one would care about the million jews." Rimshot please. Holocaust suffering turned funny.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 01:07:48 AM »
Khushrenada said Night actions were due 30 mins after the lock so that would have been 9:30 pm PST.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 01:09:47 AM »
Eh, half an hour, an hour.  Regardless, it takes time.  Things will be up the moment I have them ready to post.  My only delay is posting in threads like these!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 01:19:04 AM »
Khushrenada said Night actions were due 30 mins after the lock so that would have been 9:30 pm PST.

That's true. It reminds me of a story once. Hitler and Himmler were having lunch and getting into a bit of an arguement. So Hitler suddenly turned and spoke to one of the restaurant patrons. "I want you to know something," he shouted, "I'm going to kill 1 million jews and a Maxi!" The patron, who was startled, yet proud that the Furher choose to speak to him, stammered, "I, uh, but, uh why a million jews?" With that, Hitler turned back to Himmler with a triumphant look on his face and waving his hands in the air said, "You see. I told you no one would care about Maxi." Rimshot please. Mafia suffering turned funny.

Awwww. Too far Khushrenada. Too far. Alright. Well, maybe I shouldn't have posted that. Maxi might take offense at it and he's within his rights to do so. It just seemed to work so well with how this thread was going and how he wants to complain about us doing our job. But I'm still posting it in the hopes he can take it as just a bit of needling. Plus I'm tired right now and my poor judgement says I must take this opportunity.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 01:26:55 AM »
Well I guess that means no one will care if I stop playing this game after the 50th game. I've noticed I have more fun being the host then playing as a player. And no it isn't because of what you posted Khushrenada I just feel I've lost my drive to play the game. I'll try as hard as I can in the next few games but after that I will just host. 

Oh one other thing I nag because I care.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 09:00:20 AM »
Quote from:  Rorschach's Journal
Rorschach's Journal, February 21st 2011 10:00PM

I found myself wandering the streets. This city is also afraid of me, I have seen its true face. Noticed a man dressed in purple and wearing makeup. Possible homosexual? Must investigate further.

Quote from: Rorschach's Journal
Rorschach's Journal, February 21st 2011, 10:45PM

Following the clown, seems to be crazy. Reminds me of the Comedian, except he is not funny. Entered a warehouse, I think the clown suspects that he is being followed. Must not make a sound.

Quote from: Rorshach's Journal
Rorschach's Journal, February 22 2011, 12:05AM

Heard the clown talking about a "Bat Man" and how he is planing to kill all the "super heroes". I know of so called "heroes", they are not what they say they are. Should I intervene? A killer is a killer, I will not compromise.

The last entry into Rorschach's Journal before being killed by Joker.  ;(

Joker, whomever you are, you suck!!!! Go townies go!
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 12:04:26 PM »
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 12:11:25 PM by bustin98 »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 12:26:20 PM »
Well I guess that means no one will care if I stop playing this game after the 50th game. I've noticed I have more fun being the host then playing as a player. And no it isn't because of what you posted Khushrenada I just feel I've lost my drive to play the game. I'll try as hard as I can in the next few games but after that I will just host. 

See that's why it's not fun anymore. You play the game hardcore. I did that too when I first started and after awhile it gets you down. It took awhile but I finally learned to let up. I started to play the game with different purposes in mind. I'd send people stupid messages just to mess around with them or get a pointless arguement going over nothing. Sometimes I played just to see another player last longer and just gave them free info no questions asked. Othertimes, I just wanted to make some jokes with a roleplay. If you take every game seriously, you are going to wear yourself down.

That's why thatguy and I were making all these joke posts last night. You just need to blow some steam after awhile and lighten up your mood. If you find you aren't having fun, do something to make it fun for yourself.

I care too that's why I try to help out all players I can.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2011, 12:27:06 PM »
On a different note, love the roleplay and pics. Great stuff.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2011, 07:16:37 PM »
Quote from:  Rorschach's Journal
Rorschach's Journal, February 21st 2011 10:00PM

I found myself wandering the streets. This city is also afraid of me, I have seen its true face. Noticed a man dressed in purple and wearing makeup. Possible homosexual? Must investigate further.

I had a good chuckle at this journal entry, in particular.

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2011, 09:54:04 PM »
Hehe this is the most laughs I've had in a mafia game, and I was killed day one!
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2011, 12:57:08 AM »

See that's why it's not fun anymore. You play the game hardcore. I did that too when I first started and after awhile it gets you down. It took awhile but I finally learned to let up. I started to play the game with different purposes in mind. I'd send people stupid messages just to mess around with them or get a pointless arguement going over nothing. Sometimes I played just to see another player last longer and just gave them free info no questions asked. Othertimes, I just wanted to make some jokes with a roleplay. If you take every game seriously, you are going to wear yourself down.

That's why thatguy and I were making all these joke posts last night. You just need to blow some steam after awhile and lighten up your mood. If you find you aren't having fun, do something to make it fun for yourself.

I care too that's why I try to help out all players I can.
Yeah I'm probably to serious for my own good when playing but the thing is I'm not really sure what else to do while trying to win and stay alive.I think I've set my play style to a certain way and I can't think of what else to do.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2011, 01:05:42 AM »
Try not playing to win. That was the hardest thing for me to get my head around. After a spell where I kept getting hit early, I finally made peace with myself that there are too many things I can't control no matter how well I play. So, then I started playing with different goals instead of winning. And eventually, the wins started coming back as well.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2011, 01:31:53 AM »
Well I guess I can think about how I can play differently now that I am dead. Hope I can come back into the game though.Someone bring me back to life if you can.
Sorry Insanolord about that.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 01:39:04 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2011, 02:29:06 AM »
Well I guess I can think about how I can play differently now that I am dead. Hope I can come back into the game though.Someone bring me back to life if you can.

If anyone deserves to be brought back to life, it's me. I got bandwagoned for no reason (which started with you), and then sacrificed myself instead of fighting for my life when it could have meant taking innocent people with me.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2011, 02:33:16 AM »
The Ghost Who Walks will never die..
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2011, 02:53:49 AM »

If anyone deserves to be brought back to life, it's me. I got bandwagoned for no reason (which started with you), and then sacrificed myself instead of fighting for my life when it could have meant taking innocent people with me.
For no reason? I told you and a few others my reasoning. Also how do we know for sure the the other person in the tie was innocent? Besides do you have any clue as to who is Mafia at this point?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2011, 03:24:59 AM »
We don't know for sure he's innocent, but this is Mafia; you don't really know anyone's role for sure until you personally investigated them or they're dead. I didn't have any real reason to suspect him, let alone take out a third person who odds would favor being a townie as well.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent