Author Topic: Mafia XXXVI: Donkey Kong. Day 1. Jungle Japes  (Read 35107 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia XXXVI: Donkey Kong. Day 1. Jungle Japes
« on: August 09, 2009, 11:59:07 PM »
"Eat my dust," Donkey Kong yelled as Rambi began to break ahead of the pack.

"This is the life," Donkey Kong thought to himself as Rambi trampled over some of Expresso's offspring. "Mario can have his kart racing. Donkey Kong Racing is where it is at. I can't think of a more fun game to play than this. Riding other animals is the pinnacle of racing."

Donkey Kong shielded his eyes from the sun and looked ahead. "Hey. Isn't that Expresso?" he asked, looking at an ostrich ahead of them.

"I think you're right," grunted Rambi. With that, Rambi ran faster in the direction of Expresso, his horn low and ready to gore.

However, Expresso was waiting for them. "Ban me from your sequels, will you? Pick on me, will you? It's time for a bit of revenge," Expresso cackled.

Just as Rambi was a couple feet, Expresso quickly dashed to the side. Rambi ran past the spot Expresso had just been standing at and suddenly Donkey Kong and Rambi found themselves falling into a deep pit. Expresso had camaflouged it to hide the trap.

After catching his breath, Donkey Kong came to his feet. He could hear Expresso cackling from the top of the hole he fell in. He could other the racers passing by overhead. "This blows!" DK bellowed, "I should be up their winning this race right now." With that, he began to slam the ground with his palms in anger. The ground all around him shook at the fury of his blows. However, this caused an object from high up the pit to suddenly shake free from its surroundings and fall where it hit DK on the head.

"Owwwww!" DK shouted, rubbing his head, "Is that you Rambi?" But he turned and saw Rambi still trying to free his head from the spot where he landed in the pit, his legs kicking up dust as kept struggling to pull his head free. "I guess not," DK mused. Then, he noticed a shiny object lying off to the side that looked like a piece of fruit. "It must have been this thing that hit me," Donkey Kong realized. He picked up and was going to hurl it against a wall when he heard a voice come softly from the object. Holding it to his ear, he heard it say: Wish. I grant you 1 wish. I grant you 1 wish.

Suddenly, at that moment, Rambi freed his head from the ground. The sudden force of his head popping back out of the ground caused him to stumble backwords and bump into Donkey Kong. This, in turn, caused Donkey Kong to fall over with the object flying out of his hands. The object smashed into a wall and immediately exploded into an explosion of light, blinding Donkey Kong. Once the light stopped, Donkey Kong blinked and rubbed his eyes to focus them again. He was startled to see Cranky standing in front of him.

"Cranky? How'd you get here?" Donkey Kong asked confusedly.

"I've always been here," Cranky answered angrily. He then whacked Donkey Kong on the head with his cane. "You're in my home, you numbskull. We had to pull you out of that cave and drag your ugly carcass all the way back here. What in tarnation are you doing in pits anyways? In my day, we avoided pits. They meant instead death and were bottomless." Cranky looked back at where Donkey Kong was lying. "Oh, how I miss those days."

"What happened to you?" asked Diddy Kong, coming up beside Cranky. "We saw an incredible light show come from out of the pit you were in and went back to investigate."

Donkey Kong groaned as his body ache and he tried to think back to what happened. "I don't know, little buddy. I found this shiny object that said it would grant me a wish but then Rambi knocked me over. I remember hearing it hit a wall and there was a flash of light but that's it."

"What's that? A shiny object that grants wishes. Are you sure?" Cranky asked, while hurrying over to a desk. He rumaged around on it until he found a picture and then shuffled back over to Donkey Kong. "Did it look like this?" he asked, pushing the picture into Donkey Kong's face.

"I think so," Donkey Kong said, pushing the picture from out of his face. "Yeah, that's it," he confirmed, now holding the picture back and getting a better view of it.

Cranky slapped a hand over his eyes. "I should have known. Only you'd be dumb enough to do something so stupid," he moaned.

"What's the matter, Cranky? What's so special about this trinket?" Diddy asked.

"That trinket," Cranky growled, turning around to face Diddy, "is the Crystal Kumquat! It is a source of great magic and power. Most likely the greatest source since it can grant any individual that holds it any one wish that they desire. With it, one could change the very universe most likely. Imagine. I could use it to make sure arcade game never went out of style and everything was still in pixels instead of this pre-rendered computer graphic design nonsense."

"We have to get that crystal then," Donkey Kong said, leaping out of bed, "and keep it from falling into the wrong hands."

Cranky whacked him on the head with his cane. "Yes, that would be the smart thing to do. Except you went and shattered it," Cranky explained exhasperatedly.

"Well, sorry," Donkey Kong answered, rubbing his head as the room swirled around him, "but I guess it solves the problem also. With it shattered, no one can use it."

"If it only it were that simple," Cranky moaned.

"What do you mean?" asked Donkey Kong.

"You'd better look outside," Diddy Kong answered.

Donkey Kong rushed over to a window and looked out of Cranky's cabin. He was shocked to see a crowd of people milling around outside. Some of the people were familiar and family like Funky and Swanky. But others were strange. He saw a human with a spray bottle as well as an older looking Japanese man with a bemused smile. He saw a Birdo creature as well as what looked like a younger version of himself rolling some barrels. "Is that me?" Donkey Kong asked.

"Don't be silly. That's me," Cranky answered, "That's you over there with the J on your shirt."

"Oh no," Donkey Kong groaned, remembering the days of being forced to wear that childish shirt, "How is this possible?"

"I'm afraid that by destroying the Crystal Kumquat, the resulting energy explosion has broken time and space. And if we don't find a way to fix it, it will most likely lead to the destruction of our universe as time paradoxes begin to increase exponentially," Cranky mused. He looked over to Donkey Kong and Diddy and saw their confused faces. Cranky sighed. "You have to put the Crystal Kumquat back together to contain its magic power and thereby fix everything."

"Oh. Why didn't you say so? C'mon little buddy. Let's go and find these crystal pieces," Donkey Kong said.

"Right on," Diddy replied, highfiving him.

"You're going to go out searching for some crystal pieces?" Cranky asked.

"Yeah. Something wrong?" Donkey Kong asked, sick of Cranky always berating him.

"No. I think it's a great idea. Definitely a much more worthy cause than say finding a missing banana horde. I was just wondering.... I mean, since you're going to be out traveling anyways....." Cranky stammered, "Well, do you think you could pick a little something up for me?"

Donkey Kong and Diddy glanced at one another and then shrugged the shoulders. "Alright, we get you something. What do you need?"

"I thought you'd never ask," Cranky laughed delightedly. Then he took out a list from his deck. "You can consult the picture on top to see what to be on the lookout for."

Donkey Kong stared at the list with his mouth hanging open. "You want all of this?" he whispered.

"Well, yes, times 50," Cranky answered.

Donkey Kong let out a pained scream. "50 0f each?" He turned to Diddy. "Run," he ordered. Then the two of them took off into the jungle as fast as they could. Cranky coughed from the dust they kicked up as the raced out his cabin.

"Hey! He called out. You dropped the list! Hey. Get back here, " he cried but it was too late. They were long gone.

And with that, the adventure began.

However, as word spread about what had happened, a group of individuals got together and formed a small band. They were determined to see to it that they were the ones who would wind up with the Crystal Kumquat to use its power for their own benefit. They made a pact that they would let no one stand in their way of obtaining this ultimate prize. The race was on!

Who will wind up victorious? It's time to find out as we begin these Jungle Hijinks. Day 1 begins now!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 02:46:06 AM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXVI: Donkey Kong. Day 1. Jungle Japes
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 11:59:22 PM »
Announcement Post:

Roles have been handed out. I only sent a message to the players that have a role. If you did not get a message stating what role you have, that means you are a townie.

Voting is open until Midnight EST Monday night. After the voting thread is sut down, you have 30 minutes to send me in your night actions if you have not already done so. Otherwise, the next day will begin and you will miss your chance.

Have fun.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 12:03:48 AM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 12:21:20 AM »
un-Vote Vudu

I just don't like Vudu.   He's a bugger.  Stanley avatar coming soon.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 12:26:51 AM »
Hmm what to make of thatguy's vote. It is awfully early to be pointing fingers.

I am going to wait for Vudu to explain himself before I vote.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 12:28:24 AM »
un-Vote Stratos

Because I never learn anything.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 11:33:28 PM by Mop_it_up »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 12:30:59 AM »
You two got a reason for your votes.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 12:32:48 AM »
Not one that you'd understand.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 12:33:55 AM »
Why wouldn't I understand?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 12:36:25 AM »
Because my reason is in my post, and you still asked me what my reason was.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 12:38:00 AM »
Why wouldn't I understand?

I think she is trying to say it is more of a personal issue with Stratos from previous games.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 12:39:05 AM »
I guess so GP.

Anyway why are you voting for Vudu thatguy?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 12:41:13 AM »
I'm going to vote Stratos for now as well!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 12:56:46 AM »
Is there a requirement for voting Khushrenada?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 12:58:02 AM »
Am I missing something? I thought we get handed out roles via PM before we start the game.

Stop fuckin up Kush!
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 01:01:30 AM »
Kashogi Y. Stogi: Read the second post in this topic.

Maxi: This is from the sign-up thread:
I'll even mention that I'm waiving the vote or die rule. You can vote as much or as little as you like. It adds to the challenge.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 01:02:42 AM »
Thanks Mop_it_up.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 01:24:25 AM »
Ok since I don't see anybody online that is playing I will pick this up in the morning.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 01:26:54 AM »
I take back what I said Bubba Kush. Your alright in my book.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 01:48:20 AM »
Vote all you losers. HARHARHAR
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2009, 01:52:25 AM »
Damn, first days are always hard. I'll get you back on my vote...
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2009, 02:06:09 AM »
I'm voting Vudu because he and I don't see eye-to-eye.  He's like an annoying tick.  My version of Lyme's Disease in a poster.  You've got to spray him out before you end up paralyzed and out of the game.

And Mop_it_up, that's just mean.  C'mon, now.

Also, my list of suspects:
Kashogi Stogi
---We've all played dumb to the rules to hide ourselves, at one time or another.  Why's this game any different?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2009, 02:26:12 AM »
I have a theory on Stogi but I am not sure if I want to believe it at this point in the game. Too early.

Thatguy why don't you see eye to eye with Vudu?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2009, 02:32:06 AM »
Isn't it a good way to eliminate any pests you see just to avoid an infestation?  One moment there's one fly, and the next day, there's maggots in everything.  You know how it goes.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2009, 02:34:52 AM »
Yes I do but I am not sure if I want to believe you at this point thatguy.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2009, 02:35:07 AM »
I'm voting Vudu because he and I don't see eye-to-eye.  He's like an annoying tick.  My version of Lyme's Disease in a poster.  You've got to spray him out before you end up paralyzed and out of the game.

And Mop_it_up, that's just mean.  C'mon, now.

Also, my list of suspects:
Kashogi Stogi
---We've all played dumb to the rules to hide ourselves, at one time or another.  Why's this game any different?

Playing dumb? More like playing lazy.