Gaming Forums > General Gaming

What Is Your White Whale of Gaming?

<< < (2/2)

Stratos:
Ducktales 2 on the NES. I played the first one to death as it was a staple when my family rented the NES from Blockbuster for special events. I never actually purchased the first game since I played it to completion via multiple rentals and I never knew about the second until years later. Someday I want to own a legit copy of both originals. I do wish that Wayforward did a remake of the sequel like they did for the first one. It could have even been done in the style of the rebooted cartoon series like the original was made in the image of the OG 80's cartoon.

broodwars:

--- Quote from: Stratos on August 12, 2021, 06:52:24 PM ---Ducktales 2 on the NES. I played the first one to death as it was a staple when my family rented the NES from Blockbuster for special events. I never actually purchased the first game since I played it to completion via multiple rentals and I never knew about the second until years later. Someday I want to own a legit copy of both originals. I do wish that Wayforward did a remake of the sequel like they did for the first one. It could have even been done in the style of the rebooted cartoon series like the original was made in the image of the OG 80's cartoon.

--- End quote ---

I'm pretty sure that Ducktales 2 was in the Disney Afternoon Collection on current gen consoles, though, so you can absolutely play it. Yeah, it's not on Switch, but it's pretty much on everything else.

Stratos:
Yeah, that is there now, but not with the same magic of an OG cart.

I've been holding off on that Disney Afternoon Collection because I assumed it would come to Switch at some point, but may just grab in on PC and use a controller if I find it on sale for a good price.

Ian Sane:
Back in the later years of the Gamecube I was debating getting a PS2.  One of the games that was making me consider it was Gradius V.  I ended up getting a PS2 in 2007 or 08 when they were marked down in price and Fire Pro Wrestling Returns was the first title I got.  But I never ended up getting Gradius V and I've never even played it.  It was on my short list of titles to get at first but I was probably playing other titles around the same time and was trying not to buy games that I was just going to put into a backlog.  Eventually you couldn't find that game new in stores anymore and the few times I saw it used it was now above the price range I was willing to pay, which of course has just gotten worse over the years.

My brother had a similar situation where he bought an N64 in 2000 and Harvest Moon 64 was one of the titles that factored into his decision but he didn't even up getting that game until a few years ago.

GK:
Wild Arms. It was my brother's game, but I was into it more than he was & got pretty far into it. Guess he was jealous or something because he waited until I bought a new game & after a week or two of getting into that he suddenly traded in the game. Made no offer to sell it to me or anything & he has older games than that collecting dust to this day that he's barely touched.

Tales of Destiny This one actually is mine & I still have it somewhere. Took another break here, but I guess this one was too long. When I came back to it, I was hopelessly lost in some oddball over world map that connects a network of dungeons or something. Tried to muscle my way through it a few times, but the random enemy encounter rate is so high that I'd lose my bearings all over again. On the plus side, all that wandering helped grind my party up a few levels. Unfortunately, in one of my last attempts, I ended up back at the start of the entire map all over again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version