Gaming Forums > General Gaming

What are you playing?

<< < (367/370) > >>

NWR_insanolord:
As happened with Stardew Valley in the last game, the current Mafia game got me to play Pikmin 3 Deluxe, where I started a new file, this time playing on hard mode. I just adore this game. The Pikmin series has always been one of my favorites, I went as far as to import New Play Control Pikmin 2 from Europe back in the day, and Pikmin 3 is just the perfect synthesis of the best ideas of the first two games. I'm so happy this game got a second chance on Switch, and I hope more people got to experience its greatness. It seems like it did reasonably well, so here's hoping Nintendo goes back to the series and gives us Pikmin 4.

Mop it up:
Don't you worry, I have it on good authority that Pikmin 4 was completed years ago.

NWR_insanolord:
It was close, and seven-ish years later I have to assume it’s even closer now.

MagicCow64:

--- Quote from: NWR_insanolord on February 15, 2022, 03:11:13 AM ---As happened with Stardew Valley in the last game, the current Mafia game got me to play Pikmin 3 Deluxe, where I started a new file, this time playing on hard mode. I just adore this game. The Pikmin series has always been one of my favorites, I went as far as to import New Play Control Pikmin 2 from Europe back in the day, and Pikmin 3 is just the perfect synthesis of the best ideas of the first two games. I'm so happy this game got a second chance on Switch, and I hope more people got to experience its greatness. It seems like it did reasonably well, so here's hoping Nintendo goes back to the series and gives us Pikmin 4.

--- End quote ---

I think Pikmin 3 gets very close to fully nailing it, but doesn't quiiiite get there. The fruit collection is ultimately too easy to put real pressure on (and the fruit are not nearly as satisfying to collect as the human flotsam from the previous games). The sequence that pulls the rug out for a bit is very memorable as a result.

Like, each game is a 9/10 in its own right, but it always feels like it's just shy of true greatness. Someday P4 will come and become the rapture.

NWR_insanolord:

--- Quote from: MagicCow64 on February 18, 2022, 09:16:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: NWR_insanolord on February 15, 2022, 03:11:13 AM ---As happened with Stardew Valley in the last game, the current Mafia game got me to play Pikmin 3 Deluxe, where I started a new file, this time playing on hard mode. I just adore this game. The Pikmin series has always been one of my favorites, I went as far as to import New Play Control Pikmin 2 from Europe back in the day, and Pikmin 3 is just the perfect synthesis of the best ideas of the first two games. I'm so happy this game got a second chance on Switch, and I hope more people got to experience its greatness. It seems like it did reasonably well, so here's hoping Nintendo goes back to the series and gives us Pikmin 4.

--- End quote ---

I think Pikmin 3 gets very close to fully nailing it, but doesn't quiiiite get there. The fruit collection is ultimately too easy to put real pressure on (and the fruit are not nearly as satisfying to collect as the human flotsam from the previous games). The sequence that pulls the rug out for a bit is very memorable as a result.

Like, each game is a 9/10 in its own right, but it always feels like it's just shy of true greatness. Someday P4 will come and become the rapture.

--- End quote ---

You're right that it isn't as much of a push as it could have been, but at least there's something forcing you forward. Even playing on hard mode I've got 20 days worth of juice saved up 13 days in. I'm close to the bit you referenced, and it would have been nice if they did some more stuff like that. It could use a bit more fine tuning, and I would like to see the purple and white Pikmin return as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version