Author Topic: The Fast Food Thread - Would You Like Posts With That?  (Read 210455 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Re: Your #1 meal at Fast Food Restaurants
« Reply #125 on: August 30, 2014, 10:18:14 PM »
Challenge accepted.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 30, 2014, 10:36:53 PM »
"You had me at 'meat tornado.'"
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 30, 2014, 10:42:25 PM »
:music; This is why we're fat, this is why we're fat... this is why, this is why, this is why we're fat :music;

:music;
I'm fat, not because I try
but more because I don't
Mountain of Meat...
**** Yeah, add a gravy moat

I'll take two...
Can I get them to go?
wanna eat them bed
while I watch my favorite show

I'm gonna need ketchup
a knife, fork and a plate
yes, I'm fuckin civilized
even if I use my tummy for a tray

This is why I'm fat,
this is why we're fat...
this is why, this is why,
this is why I'm fat :music;

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 22, 2014, 04:48:09 PM »
Ever had Beef with KFC!? Well, now is your chance.

KFC's new Zinger Double Down King

They call it the Zinger Double Down King. Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, but with a burger patty stuffed in between two chicken patties, it's still a sight to behold.

Like the original Double Down, the breaded chicken still acts as a bun, it just doesn't look like the same off-kilter boneless chicken breast. The chicken patties pictured seem to have a smoother shape to them.

The bacon strips and cheese are still there and still look like they can induce a heart attack.
http://www.foodbeast.com/news/this-is-how-kfc-is-topping-their-double-down-and-its-terrifying/#OAW5dqujtg7IIiTj.99
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 09:00:29 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 22, 2014, 06:11:17 PM »
That's a pretty good idea. I might try it some time if it is available in the States. I may even try to make a home-made version. Makes me hungry thinking about it!
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 22, 2014, 06:26:17 PM »
**** YES.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 10, 2014, 04:13:14 PM »
Not sure if we consider Pizza Hut "Fast Food", but they are going though some changes right now (my favorite "fast food" pizza may have just gotten better!!?)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/11/10/pizza-hut-fast-food-restaurants-pizza-skinny-slice-pizza/18641525/?AID=10709313&PID=6149513&SID=1hwf4wgtqs58v

https://order.pizzahut.com/flavorofnow

New sauces, new ingredients, new crust, cheeseburger pizzas, and not yet revealed (new logo and pizza boxes)

as long as they keep it $10 any pizza, and keep Pan crust. I'll be happy. everything else is just icing on top.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 10, 2014, 06:17:30 PM »
They will never get rid of Pan crust. It is their signature and still the highest selling crust (in non-Latino/Russian areas as those groups tend to swing heavily in favor of Stuffed crust).

Makes me wish I still worked for them because I could have done so much more with these ingredients. I had a bunch of "off menu" items I made and even sold to customers because of how great they were.

Not sure how long the $10 deal will last as the franchises have been honoring it as an $11 deal in high business cost areas like Washington state.

Meatballs and Salami were already sold in the Huts which made sandwiches. Now they might actually sell enough of the sandwich material to justify the expense.

And most of those sauces were already on the menu in some form as well.

Definitely feels like Pizza Hut is catching up with Dominos in terms of variety and flavor.
My Game Collection

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 10, 2014, 06:22:12 PM »
Pizza Hut tastes good for about 10 minutes and then I feel completely sick. Probably all of the extra oil. Those all look terrible (sorry), but not nearly as disgusting as the Chili and Fritos pizza from Papa John's.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 10, 2014, 06:28:27 PM »
Brandogg, you way want to try removing soy from your diet. I've read all of the ingredient labels of the product at Pizza Hut and there is a very large amount of soy in everything. Soy can wreck thyroids and male hormone balances leading to a lot of health complications. Soy makes me sick as well.

Soy is used in the non-stick sprays, garlic, ranch, and numerous other parts of the process for Pizza Hut.

Course, soy is in everything these days so it sometimes feels like a futile effort.

I never got the movement to put Fritos on everything. But I never was into Frito on their own to begin with.
My Game Collection

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #135 on: November 10, 2014, 06:30:34 PM »
My favorite fast food restuarants?

Hmmm...

Gimbab Land and Gimbab Heaven are the places I usually eat.  Cheap and fast sushi like rice rolls are great. 

But, if I want a fast food place I want to seat down and eat at...that has to be OK!!  Fresh Noodles.  They have some great dishes that seem to be of a slightly higher quality. 

Oh course, these are the English translations of my Korean restaurants I eat at.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 10, 2014, 09:05:05 PM »
They will never get rid of Pan crust. It is their signature and still the highest selling crust (in non-Latino/Russian areas as those groups tend to swing heavily in favor of Stuffed crust).

Thats good, because I LOVE their pan crust. That spongy greasiness is good even the next day.

Makes me wish I still worked for them because I could have done so much more with these ingredients. I had a bunch of "off menu" items I made and even sold to customers because of how great they were.

like what? I had a friend that worked at Togo's (sandwhich shop) that would routinely make us "off the menu" sandwiches that were pretty damn good. I would like to know what you were doing at Pizza Hut.

Not sure how long the $10 deal will last as the franchises have been honoring it as an $11 deal in high business cost areas like Washington state.

Yeah, I forgot it's up to $11 now...

Definitely feels like Pizza Hut is catching up with Dominos in terms of variety and flavor.

wut!?  Dominoes may have variety, but the majority of their pizza is still garbage.
The best pizza they have IMHO is that bacon chicken ranch on white sauce. Their new herb crust is not that good and the brooklyn style I had wasn't that bad, but I would rather get the usual 3-4 pizza's (pan and stuffed) I would get from Pizza hut than continue mining Dominoe's menu for a 2nd or 3rd pizza I could reliably go to them for.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 11, 2014, 01:35:41 PM »
I'm sure part of this is my burn out of Pizza Hut from working over a decade there. Everything felt plain without my special additions. The biggest thing was the extra shredded Asiago/Parmesan on the crust (why I have defaulted to Dominos, post-Hut). Baking cheese on the crust makes a pizza 10 times better. Pizza Huts did not all uniformly carry this (I am suspecting they do now!) Ask for the parmesean on top of the pizza rolls before baking them. Tastes awesome.

I blended sauces or added my own toppings from home.

I made a a Caesar Salad pizza which was awesome. Caesar dressing for the base, top with chicken, bacon, then after baking drop some romaine on top if you want to make a legit "salad pizza". I would also stuff the stuffed crust with other toppings years before they made it a marketing trick. I also made stuffed cheesey bread before Dominos came up with it.

My favorite was my "breakfast supreme" pizza.

Quick version: Pan crust with white sauce. Add ham, pork (sometimes beef too), mushrooms, jalapenos, top with Parmesan and bacon (to make sure it is crispy). Had it almost every morning when I opened the restaurant.

Expanded version: Thin crust, scramble some eggs and drop on thin crust. Add toppings. Lay another thin crust on top and seal edges. Poke holes in top, sprinkle cheese on top as well and run through oven. Ultimate breakfast calzone!

I still dabble in pizzacraft at home. I keep meaning to post photos/instructions in the NWR Kitchen thread but I always eat them before I remember  :cool; [size=78%].[/size]
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 11, 2014, 09:04:46 PM »
Maybe you should have been pushing those ideas to corporate. could have gotten promoted to marketing and development or something.

and yes please post making pizza from scratch (hut-style) recipes.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #139 on: November 11, 2014, 10:57:58 PM »
Pizza Hut is also one of the few American Pizza chains in South Korea.  There are basically 3.  Dominoes, Pizza Hut, and Papa John's.  Dominoes and Pizza Hut are the most plentiful.  I think there are more Pizza Huts though.

Here Pizza Hut has some crazy flavors, like Sweet Potato, Shrimp Pizza. 

Sweet Potato stuffed crust and more.  However, if I am going to eat pizza I would prefer to eat Papa John's here, or maybe Mr. Pizza.  Mr. Pizza is a Korean chain with the slogan:  "For Love of Women." 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 18, 2015, 05:00:08 PM »
Little Ceasars is trying to get my attention again....

"In Bacon We Crust"
bacon wrapped/crusted pizza. starts soon, ends in April.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 18, 2015, 09:55:31 PM »
Wow, that is a pretty good idea. Might have to try it at home too. Come to think of it I could wrap bacon around any pan before baking something. I could bake bacon bread!
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 17, 2016, 11:29:50 PM »
Taco Bell is ringing!!!

1st Dorito's and now Frito's. What's next!?
Chili Cheese Frito Taco Supreme here I come!!!

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 19, 2016, 07:59:22 PM »
I haven't ever eaten a Taco and I don't think I ever want to, it looks like plastic. We have had Sal's New York pizza open here and that **** is sooo good. It's a heart attack in 1/8 slices. Immensely decadent.

Carls Jr is nice here beating McD and Burger King. BK is pretty low end now and McDs is McDs everywhere. Also new is Texas Chicken which is a nice alternative to KFC and a fair bit less greasy.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2016, 09:10:45 PM »
Never eaten a taco... Keep in mind Taco Bell is a fast food taco. Check out Mexican street tacos:

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #145 on: May 19, 2016, 09:29:56 PM »

Love this with the Taco Bell mild sauce drizzled on top. Yum!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 21, 2016, 09:59:49 AM »
FYI, Taco Bell brought back the Diablo hot sauce. They changed it slightly, darker color and not quite as "Diablo-y" in terms of heat, but still far and away better than any of their other hot sauce packets.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 24, 2016, 02:07:48 AM »
Burger King is aiming for a whole new audience with this one....

http://www.brandeating.com/2016/06/new-mac-n-cheetos-arrive-at-burger-king.html

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 25, 2016, 02:52:14 AM »
I need to try that. Just to regret it.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 25, 2016, 05:46:40 AM »
They should just deep fry cheese to skip the inherent sadness of eating Cheetos.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?